Author Topic: Who Else Bought A GameBoy Player?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Who Else Bought A GameBoy Player?
« on: October 21, 2003, 04:15:30 PM »
I picked up a gameboy player today, along with a copy of Donkey Kong Country.  I dont have a GBA, but when I noticed alot of old games are being ported over, I knew I would need a way to play them, and this best suites my needs.  DKC plays pretty good, visuals arent as good as on SNES, but considering its made for a very small screen, and then magnified on my 53" Toshiba, its to be expected.  I am really looking forward to River City Ransom, and some of the other NES and SNES ports.  My NES broke long ago, and I gave away all my games.  I am a big DBZ fan, and there looks to be a few good ones for GBA.  Anyone else have any opinions of this add on?  Any good games you recommend?
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Who Else Bought A GameBoy Player?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 04:17:34 PM »
*raises hand*

Super Mario 3 looks great on the GBP, even on my 50 inch TV...I was very, very impressed...It will also come especially in handy when Mother 3 comes out.  Then it will feel just like when I first played Earthbound
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Yuji Miyamoto

• View Profile
RE: Who Else Bought A GameBoy Player?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 04:48:13 PM »
GB Player rules!  Super Mario Advance, Metroid Zero, and and tons of RPGS!  Worth every penny
I'm not a doctor but I play one on t.v.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 05:18:01 PM »
Cool.  I would assume its Cube's most popular add-on available.  It fits so nicely to.  Its good to see nintendo is acutal using the expnasion ports this time.

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 08:14:37 PM »
If you're into the old stuff, they don't get better than the Castlevania GBA games and Metriod Fusion.  Sprinkle in a darned expensive copy of Tactics Ogre and a Super Mario or two (or four) and you is gamin', baby.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 07:33:40 AM »
I actually modded my Cube just so I could import the GB Player ahead of time.  I use it all the time.  In fact I own some GBA games (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) that I have NEVER played on my GBA.  I pretty much never use my GBA anymore.  However I don't own any ports since I can just play them on my SNES where I don't have all sorts of dumb voice samples kiddying up the game.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 08:11:28 AM »
I'm still waiting to get one. Nintendo Europe were giving them away free as rewards for the Stars reward scheme, and I want to see if they get anymore stock of them (they sold out very quickly) before actually buying one.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 09:46:51 AM »
I find that GBP is really worthless.  It can't do anything that the GBA SP (and almost the GBA) can't.  If it had a multiplayer feature, it would have sold me. . . and Four Swords.
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 10:15:46 AM »
"I find that GBP is really worthless. It can't do anything that the GBA SP (and almost the GBA) can't."

Yes it can.  It can PLAY GBA GAMES ON TV!

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 12:52:49 PM »
You can play two player games right?  One of the reasons I bought the GameBoy player was because River City Ransom is being released soon, and my cousin and I love that game.  Double Dragon is coming out soon to, and I am gonna want that one.  Yea, for me, a GBP is much better than a GBA, cause I get to play on my TV, and its not like I get to play on the go.  Playing GB and driving is a big no no.  

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »
I bought one as soon as it came out. I don't even care the black player doesn't match my platinum Cube. (actually... it looks kinda cool)

Sprinkle in a darned expensive copy of Tactics Ogre

Man, you're not kidding. It took me weeks to find a decent price on that bad boy.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 04:01:01 PM »

You can play two player games right?
You can, yes.  But in order to, you need to hook up another GBA to the GBPlayer like you would a regular GBA (ie, GBA link cable).

Here's Bloodworth's FAQ for future reference.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 05:50:42 PM »
Damn, I should have looked into that.  Maybe future GBA games will have the GBP in mind, and make it so you can play two player without a GBA.