Author Topic: Play as a Work of Art in The Wonderful 101  (Read 1463 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Play as a Work of Art in The Wonderful 101
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »

His name is Wonder-Art and he delivers "surreal justice." Thank you, Platinum Games.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/35057

Were you on the fence about The Wonderful 101? Did you think it's going to be pretty normal? Well, just look at this character and join me in realizing that yes, this Wii U game will be freaking crazy. The dude who brought you Bayonetta and Viewtiful Joe isn't playing it safe with his peculiar humor.

This character is called Wonder-Art, and he is a hero who has a painting for a head. Naturally, the painting features a face of a weird-looking superhero. His real name is Henri Martinez and he's a Moroccan artist. He is also 42 years old and uses the Surreal Knuckles as a weapon.

I don't know about you, but I am incredibly excited to see this insanity play out, and also to see what other ridiculous characters are a part of the 100 heroes you can play as in The Wonderful 101.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Play as a Work of Art in The Wonderful 101
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
YES I will purchase this game for sure!

Offline TruenoGT

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »
I love it. Just thinking about all the wild designs they'll do reminds me of the crazy cast of F-Zero X and GX, and that's always a good thing!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »
Wonder Art sounds amazing. I'm excited for the whole lineup!

Offline ResettisCousin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
Awesome. This has been a must get since the awkward moment we first saw it in showcases _after_ that e3 keynote. Way to go Nin and Platinum on a likely awesome, unique title!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
Whenever I get the money to buy a Wii U, the Wonderful 101 is going to be at the top of my list (along with Pikmin 3) for gaming purchases. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost