Author Topic: Wii Zapper Details  (Read 12697 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Zapper Details
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
They should have had a pack in game "Revenge of the toads" where Bowser turns all the Toad people in the Mushroom kingdom into zombies, and as Mario you need to shoot them all.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 01:57:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I think most of us are just scared the whole thing is going to be a big recycle job of Twilight Princess, which is something that WOULD cheapen the Zelda series.

Hello OoT and Majora's Mask.

Editted for clarity.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Zapper Details
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
That doesn't make any sense, you are putting in the same level MM with Tetra's trackers? what?
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Maximilian

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »
Ya know, I don't think Nintendo is that worried about people in Japan loving Zelda.  The Phantom Hourglass has been smoking hot over there and while I'm sure Nintendo's disappointed about TP, I don't think they're making a Zelda spin-off to redeem themselves--especially making one at a budget price.

I have to agree with the folks that point out that none of us know what the game will be like.  It probably won't be over the top great but it might be fun.  You don't know, so don't be so quick to judge.

Finally I gotta say that if all of you hate the idea of a Zapper and a pack-in Zelda shooting game, you shouldn't be nay saying and predicting doomsday.  All you have to do is not buy it.  'Nuff said.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »
edit: whoops.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »
Mmm, big Zapper shell with the larger trigger in the front. That will probably have a better feel then the wand's smaller B button. Shame the way it's formed will have the Nunchuk buttons be the better triggers. As for the crossbow game, I'm eager to see how it is. I always welcome some more medival firepower to Link's arsenal. That ought to freshen things. Hmm... needs more war hammer or a spear.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 02:55:36 PM »
I want to know where good gaming tastes have gone. People are now impressed with cheap plastic shell guns and call block characters art. Oh the horror.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UERD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »
What would you guys say to something like this? Apparently the two pieces come apart, which means that it might be easier to use. And it is third-party, but it's pretty hard to mess up a piece of molded plastic with no electronics whatsoever.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
I have a shell like the one you linked, UERD. I got it a few months ago - it allows you to plug in the nunchuck the same way. I won't be buying the Zapper because of this.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig