Author Topic: Official *I DON'T HAVE A WII* thread!  (Read 12291 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Official *I DON'T HAVE A WII* thread!
« on: November 19, 2006, 03:45:41 AM »
GUESS WHAT GUYS if you guessed copy/paste from gurnal, you'd not be incorrect!

I have Zelda, Excite Truck, and a controller, but no Wii =(

Now, I didn't exactly put my all into this, I only got there at six this morning, but still. READ MOAR.

I call walmart yesterday and they say they will hand out tickets at seven, and that you can't line up on the property until then. Okaaaaay. So I get there at six, and they're sold out. Later on I learn that sold them all at 5:30. I WAS LIED TO. Lot's of other people in the Best Buy line had been told the same thing. Bastards.

The Target line was easily 120 people long. No thanks.

Best Buy line. I'm number 46 in line. There are 45 units. BITCHES. The guy in front of me got the last one.

Circuit City apparently got 15 units. Lawl.

So I go home. Sears.com has them in stock. I should order them, but first lets go search some more.

I get to Toys-r-us right like 10 minutes before it opens. Not two minutes after I arrive this dude who was behind me at best buy shows up. Lawl. Nothin there. Apparently though, the best buy I went to had 90 units but they only put 45 up for sale. Sigh.

We head over to the mall. FYE wasn't even open yet and they were sold out. EB Games didn't have any, duh. Nor did walmart. Me, the best buy kid, and a couple others waited by sears for a while, only for them to tell us that they had a total of TWO UNITS and they sold at 8:00. EIGHT? YOU GUYS OPEN AT ELEVEN WHAT THE HELL.

I get home. Sears.com says the product is unavailable.

DAMN

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Official *I DON'T HAVE A WII* thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:56:55 AM »
Yep...the Wii has vanished all around my area.  It's a bummer to be sure.  But I hope to gank one this week either with an online bundle or some insider trading from my friends at Circuit City or Gamestop.  (gee, you think they would've hooked me up prior)
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
RE: Official *I DON'T HAVE A WII* thread!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 04:30:10 AM »
No Wii here yet.  Walmart.com dropped the ball a bit.  I received 2 of the 4 games in the bundle. The other 2 (Zelda/Excite Truck) are still "processing" so who knows when I'll get those. It's not like everybody wants Zelda the MOST or anything, so why worry about getting it on time.

The system was shipped but may not get delivered until Tuesday now. At least the Wii is accounted for... but darn it I had my N64 and GCN a few days early. They messed up my record.
"wow."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 04:35:33 AM »
im going to try to get one on black friday
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline chaingunsofdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:35:51 AM »
Sold-out here in Calgary - everywhere I went - this morning. People were lined-up at places all night in weather below 0C (32F) . Future Shop - 72 units gone. Walmart - 55 and 61 gone. Superstore 12 and 15 gone. Costco only had a handful. TRU sold-out.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 04:37:37 AM »

im going to try to get one on black friday

lol

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 04:38:14 AM »
Well I have to say I was wrong about them being readily available.  Smash and VG can laugh at me.  I did however luck out and managed to get one though.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 04:41:53 AM »
By the way... an FU to those that said you could just waltz right in to Walmart on Sunday morning to pick one up.

I was going to go to an actual Walmart last night (and sell the incoming walmart.com one) but when I called they said they already had more people in line than they do systems.

Preordering cannot be dismissed. At least I'll have my Wii, just not as fast as I'd hoped.

Edit: Yeah, hang your head in shame, Pale.  
"wow."

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 04:44:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
Well I have to say I was wrong about them being readily available.  Smash and VG can laugh at me.  I did however luck out and managed to get one though.

Not just you, but all the NWR editors that mocked S_B and VG's decision of pre-ordering.

Don't worry guys, I got this one...

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

*Ahem...

Anyways, no Wii for me till either December 25th, January 6th or much later in 2007, depends if I am able to get one.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 05:24:27 AM »
My morning went a lot like KN's.

Started at one Target (120) and all the tickets were given out.  Went to another Target (also had 120), same deal.  Circuit City had a sign in their window saying 'sold out of wiis' or something.  I didn't even bother with Best Buy.  I drove past Toys R Us at 6pm on Saturday and there was a line, so I figured that was pointless.  KMart (9!) opened early and let people buy them.  WalMart (~50) had a midnight launch, which I didn't think was happening since this isn't a 24 hour WalMart.  Then CompUSA, which I knew wouldn't have any, and they didn't, then Sears.

I'm not too disappointed though.  I only decided like 2 weeks ago that I wanted one at launch.  I'm actually more disappointed that I spent about 3 hours driving around two different towns.

I can't believe KMart only got 9 though.  That's a frucking PS3 number right there.

And if you think about it, so many of the Wiis bought today are just gonna be sitting in closets and in attics, hidden from children, waiting for Christmas.  They won't even be played!  The horror...
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 05:39:43 AM »
I got to Wal-Mart at 4 PM and there were already 14 people before me.

Funny thing is, the hick town Wal-Mart had MORE people than the population dense area. Go figure...

Sorry to hear you didn't get one. But this isn't Sony: 2nd shipment will be in VERY soon.

Originally posted by: Pale

Honestly, I thought it would be easier than this coming down to the wire since I don't own a cable connection and can't see Nintendo's media influence.

But like I said, I hoped everyone would get one regardless. Sad to see it wasn't the case.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 05:58:46 AM »
I'm Wii-less but that's mostly because there's no Wii in my country yet.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 06:07:13 AM »
I don't' have it yet and I've chosen to wait for Christmas. I had enough money but it felt better to wait and save the money I had.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 06:16:52 AM »
I'm IMPOTENT here as well.

Stupid thing is, I went to Gamestop at midnight last night.  I wanted to pickup my GAMES.  6 GAMES.

Policy was, they would not give system-preorder priority to people who pre-ordered things like games.

When I get there, they had 4 copies of Red Steel.  The people who pre-ordered systems got priority over the games.  Mind you, I pre-ordered my games in September, while these people did the system preorder in October.

I stood outside in line for an hour, and they never let me in, and told me "sorry"

WTF

DO THEY NOT WANT MY BUSINESS?

6 GAMES.  THATS MORE THAN 5 GAMES.  WHICH IS THE COST OF THE SYSTEM ITSELF.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that Gamestop does not actually want my business.  I'm not going there again.

The only store that actually seemed to care about its customers was Sears <3

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 06:31:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking the next best thing to an indie game store is a Sears, Toys R Us, or some online outlet.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Judge_Dredd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 06:38:59 AM »
I'm in Calgary, didn't get one either and I'm depressed.  I missed it by 5 minutes at Walmart, 2 people at another Walmant and about 7 people at Best Buy......what gives.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 06:40:28 AM »
I share all y'all's pain. My town, pop. 20,000, has a Circuit City, Sears, Walmart, Target, Gamestop, EBGames, K&B toys... I thought I was set. Didn't get up until 6:20 this morning. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Thing is, even though mroe may come this week, it could be just as bad. Judging from the number of people on this very forum who failed to get one, there's a large segment of dedicated fans still in the same boat. I foresee every shipment from now until Christmas selling out within 24 hours of arrival. Oh well. To the vigilant go the prize!
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 07:35:32 AM »
I worked for the Wii launch and therefore was quite ineligible to purchase one. However, my girlfriend DID just get one and Zelda so I'll get to play it over at her place untill I can get one for myself. This is probobly a good thing because now I can try to be patient and get a Wii on a double discount day and make off like a bandit.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 07:37:24 AM »
Stores don't open till 9:30 or 10:00 here so I have time on that launch day. That's why I can casually walk into a store and still see unclaimed stock, I don't waltz in 6 hours after opening, just 6 minutes.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 08:54:31 AM »
It was funny before, but now I'm just pissed.

I was one person away.

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 09:51:46 AM »
This blows.

I was umm...deer hunting this morning.  (No, really.)  So, needless to say, I didn't get a Wii.  I'm gonna call every store everyday from here on out, basically.

Or, if even possible, buy online.  But not on eBay.
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

Stores don't open till 9:30 or 10:00 here so I have time on that launch day. That's why I can casually walk into a store and still see unclaimed stock, I don't waltz in 6 hours after opening, just 6 minutes.
I casually waltzed up to a store three hours before opening. No dice. Nowhere close to dice. No dice on the friggin' horizon. If you want a Wii, for all that's holy on launch day you better camp or have a preorder.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »

Originally posted by: chaingunsofdoom
Sold-out here in Calgary - everywhere I went - this morning. People were lined-up at places all night in weather below 0C (32F) . Future Shop - 72 units gone. Walmart - 55 and 61 gone. Superstore 12 and 15 gone. Costco only had a handful. TRU sold-out.
Damn man, I feel the pain. The stupid Chinook didn't help - in the good old days it would be snowing on November 19th! I really wanted to get it from Superstore, but no luck there, of course. Couchmonkey, any luck?

This is sad. We, the fiercest of Nintendo fans, who have been following the consoles for two and a half years, can't even secure one at launch, even when Nintendo ships an unprecedented amount of consoles to North America.

Dammit.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »
last in line a TARGET

got there at 5:30AM

sad that they ran out of nunchuks

felt worse for the gent behind me in line

he went home with nothing

..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000