Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 179155 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #625 on: July 09, 2004, 05:37:24 PM »
I knew it.  This is all Metroid Prime 2's fault.  Not that getting Echoes at its intented announced definitive release date is a bad thing...

I guess it gives more time for the RE4 trailers to float around and infect people.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Garnia

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 15, 2004, 05:15:11 AM »
 I can't believe that they would delay this game after making us wait so long already! I'm so angry!..... *Screams, then runs to the store and purchases Tales of Symphonia* This is the worst day ever!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2004, 05:18:38 AM »
I must be the only one here who can wait for RE4...And how DARE you say that a day you can get Tales is a bad day... >=(
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 15, 2004, 05:51:32 AM »
 The thing I said about Tales was actualy a joke lol!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2004, 12:33:26 PM »
I just recalled that Becca looks like Lillith from Darkstalkers.  DAMN!  Becca should've had a Lillith costume in RE Zero!  Succubus chicks rock!

Whaat should Leon's alt. costume be?  Ashley should have a sailor-school-uniform with a mini-mini-skirt.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #630 on: July 18, 2004, 09:48:46 PM »
Presuming that Leon doesn't have the costumes he had from the first looks of the old Resident Evil 4, I think that it'd be extremely great if you were able to unlock Leon's fur-coat that appeared in the old trailers of the game.  A part from that, a revamped version of Leon's RPD uniform from Resident Evil 2 would be immensely greatful to look at.  (And those of you with the dirty minds... try not to get any ideas)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2004, 03:03:19 PM »
I was getting quite a few ideas actually.

Leon's alternate costume will be that of Gollum.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2004, 09:54:43 PM »
Excellent idea.  Gollum w/ Handgun VS. the Cave Troll.  One semi-nood character deserves another!

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 22, 2004, 06:15:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
I must be the only one here who can wait for RE4...And how DARE you say that a day you can get Tales is a bad day... >=(

No you're not.  I'm looking forward to Halo 2, GTA: SA, and Metroid Prime 2.  RE4 can wait.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #634 on: July 22, 2004, 07:32:56 PM »
Tales of Symphonia (aka Multiline Linear Super Kawaii Battle Adventure EX) will last me for quite a while.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 23, 2004, 01:16:19 AM »
I say this that upon viewing that trailer over and over.  That guy that grabs Leon by his neck and holds onto his right hand with the gun in it, this tell me 2 things.

A) Obviously these "zombies" Ganado whatever, still have the exectuive functions of their brains...

B) This guy looks REALLY close to that Nemesis guy.

That said... YIKES.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #636 on: July 23, 2004, 12:17:38 PM »
He also sports a fashionable Rasputin beard.

*STAAARGHRRRRS*

*Look into my eyes!*

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 23, 2004, 05:30:40 PM »
*sigh*

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I have my utter hatred of the Resident Evil series, and on the other hand I have the fact every trailer I've seen of Resident Evil 4 makes it look like the best game ever made. The thing is, Code Veronica also tricked me into thinking it was the greatest game ever made with its awesome intro, and that turned out to be rubbish...

Just can't decide whether to get my hopes up for this or not.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #638 on: July 23, 2004, 05:32:21 PM »
Was the intro FMV?

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 23, 2004, 05:36:28 PM »
For Code Veronica? Yeah it was, and it was bloody awesome. The in-game graphics of Resident Evil 4 look almost as good as it though, which is somewhat scary actually...
DVDs | Games

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #640 on: July 23, 2004, 05:43:24 PM »
Please, don't base your expectations on non-gameplay imagery.  Thankfully, the Resi4 trailers are full of gameplay imagery.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2004, 05:21:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Aretak
*sigh*

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I have my utter hatred of the Resident Evil series, and on the other hand I have the fact every trailer I've seen of Resident Evil 4 makes it look like the best game ever made. The thing is, Code Veronica also tricked me into thinking it was the greatest game ever made with its awesome intro, and that turned out to be rubbish...

Just can't decide whether to get my hopes up for this or not.

I have to ask, why do you have such hatred for the series? I, at first, did not like the game either and that was because of the controls.  I have never played the games when they were released for that reason.  Then, when the REmake came out with the new C-style controls, I figured that I'd give it a try and that was when I got hooked onto the series.

Afterwards, I started finding all the PSX games and the DC's Code: Veronica finished those as well.  The controls were difficult to get used to at first, but I have gotten so used to it.  Now, the C-style control feels awkward for me now and is much harder to use.

BTW, Code: Veronica is the best game in the series so far.  Much better than than the others in terms of story.  RE3 was a little better in fear factor because of that damn Nemesis -- you never know whether he's around the next corner or behind you.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2004, 02:47:16 PM »
I've played every regular Resident Evil game ever made, and hated them all... I guess that's why. It's not like I've just played it for five minutes and judged it like that. I've really tried to enjoy Resident Evil many times, but it just doesn't work.
DVDs | Games

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 26, 2004, 01:51:00 AM »
This might be a RE game I'll buy, rather than play at a friends house.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 26, 2004, 12:23:38 PM »
Honestly, I think that the only good RE games take place in or around raccoon city, but now that it just a big crater, where is it going to take place?
Other countries. An example is code veronica, where at the end of the game you end up in antarctica. This game was ok, but not nearly as good as the previous RE games. From what I have heard, RE 4 will take place in europe, which doesn't appeal to me as much as the others.
that just plain JEWISH!!!

Offline Zer0_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2004, 09:24:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Qwerty
Honestly, I think that the only good RE games take place in or around raccoon city, but now that it just a big crater, where is it going to take place?

Even though Raccoon City is now destroyed, I believe that other future Resident Evil games will take place in or around that location.  After Resident Evil: Outbreak is completed, if you stay after the credits roll, you will actually see an interesting FMV that shows an unknown corporation constructing a rather large base with what looks to be an observation tower in the center of the barren land.  A conversation between two scientists tells us that something is being scheduled for the future of Raccoon City.  One of the men mention that they will be dropping samples begining with the T-4, and that the remainder of the samples will be dropped in fifteen minute intervals.

What this means... I have no idea.  But it could possibly mean that the Umbrella Corporation or some other sort of organization (possibly HCF) are constructing a compound that possibly could be used as some sort of new laboratory or breeding facility.  I only theorize that because earlier on in the FMV, one of the scientists state that humans aren't able to live on the land.  How bout Bio-Organic Weapons?

If this is the Umbrella Corporation, which I find doubtful, then it could possibly mean that we are going to get the numerous Resident Evil prequels showing their destruction... however, I've got a feeling that this is some sort of organization that is carrying over Umbrella's viruses for their own schemes.

As the FMV ends, a sign on a cyclone fence clearly states that the waste (or land) is highly infectious... meaning that it could still possibly contain bacteria of the T-Virus.  
I got banned then changed my name and got banned again.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #646 on: July 28, 2004, 10:42:14 PM »
Give me more, Capcom.

News of pre-order bonus.  A poster.  Demo disc.  T-shirt.  ANYTHING

Offline ZeroPlague

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2004, 02:53:19 PM »
Most of the screenshots are from the E3 footage, but if it is of any importance, there have been 55 screens posted up on IGN.  Unfortunetly, only 5 of them 55 screenshots are new, which shows us the crimson monks using catapaults.  Anyhow, IGN also said that the large ogre's name was, "El Gigante" which translates to "The Giant".

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2004, 07:47:43 PM »
[It seems you've been somewhat unbanned.  That's good.]

El Gigante was also the world's tallest "athlete," having wrestling careers in both WCW and WWF.  That guy was COOL.

The up-close shots of Ashley are nice.  The level of detail on her face is kinda eerie.  Keeping with the new Spanish nick-naming trend, I dub her... "La Perrita."

*SNICKER* *SNICKER*

*o*  

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 03, 2004, 12:05:44 PM »
Hopefully this news isn't true at all, (Which I so highly doubt) but if it is true, then it means we'll be getting Resident Evil 4 in January 2005.  Sources can be found here and here.