Author Topic: Anyone here play an instrument?  (Read 5014 times)

Offline GCNMasterX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone here play an instrument?
« on: July 03, 2003, 08:09:42 AM »
I'm gonna learn how to play guitar over this summer...I was wondering if any of you play any instrument ( trumpet, drums, saxophone, etc.)

I used to play the trumpet a long time ago, but it grew old...so, 5 years later, I'm deciding to play guitar. I can't wait to play...my cousin is teaching me how to play. It's not as complicated as it sounds
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
RE: Anyone here play an instrument?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 09:03:43 AM »
I play Trombone.  Forming a ska band in the next few weeks too.  I hated my teacher so I dropped him, on my own now.  I am alright, nothing special.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 09:33:38 AM »
Guitar here.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 09:48:01 AM »
Ha ha! Another trombone player!  I used to be more into it, but it started to get old (as you GCNMasterX did with trumpet) but my techer is one of the nicest men I've ever met.  I got a drumset for christmas and I'm teaching myself to play it, and I'm having alot of fun with it.  I'm also forming a band, White Man Group, and although we can't play and have never practiced yet, we have designed many CD covers and song names.  That's really themost important thing.  Our first album "An Electric Elk CAlled Simon" will never hit store shelves and there will only be one made in the entire world, which will later be destroyed or used for punishment of some sort at a correctional facility.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 09:48:46 AM »
Another guitar player over here.  I don't think I'm that great but everyone who hears me play thinks I'm pretty good so I guess I'm good at "fooling" people into thinking I'm a good player.  I have a pretty unique style of playing and I write most of the stuff I play so maybe that's why people like my playing.  I also play guitar-related instuments like the mandolin or bass and I can sort of play the harmonica.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 09:50:43 AM »
Double posts make me want to burn things.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 10:27:02 AM »
I can play the Ocarina.  That's about it.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 10:51:47 AM »
I play Ocarina, violin/fiddle, and saxaphone. My brother plays trumpet, guitar, bass, drums, and piano. I also tried guitar, i know like 4 chords, and bass, but i can only play one song- all along the watchtower; but it's not as fun as a bluegrass instrument. Those rock! Who plays Banjo?  
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 12:03:59 PM »
I used to be really good on the Piano, but now I'm on Trombone.  Been playing about 7 years.  I used to be really good, but then I got braces, and now I can't get high notes.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 01:00:02 PM »
All along the watchtower? You must mean the dave version.........no way the hendrix version (the only version that counts for anything)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 01:28:58 PM »
Yeah, braces are a pain for trombone.  Ever since I got braces, my embechure (i think i spelled that wrong, it's the way you position your mouth) is all wrong (so I could hit high notes) and now I can't get it back.  Whatever you do, just work on the high notes the way you normally would, don't change anything except way move the air faster and  defidently don't push your lips up against the mouthpiece.  The high notes will come.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2003, 01:56:11 PM »
"All along the watchtower? You must mean the dave version.........no way the hendrix version (the only version that counts for anything)"

The Hendrix version is actually REALLY easy to play.  It was the first song I ever learned.  The solo is a little complicated to hit note for note but the chord progression is just the same three chords for the whole song.  The song is also very improvisation friendly and one can sound like a million bucks soloing to it with just the simple blues scale.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2003, 04:21:45 PM »
I used to play the guitar, but since my dad was teachin me, it was hell, and I quit. Then I joined the school band, and played the poncy-ass flute.
I've had a drum kit for the last year, but being the lazy assed bastard I am, I haven't started learning yet. And I'm on holidays too.
I guess I'm not learning just to spite my dad, cause he bought them for me just cause I said "I guess I like drums". Christ. It was during my final year of high school too, and I didn't have the time to play. I'll start soon........*sighs*
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2003, 07:23:47 PM »
I once played the trumpet, and pretty well, back in the sixth grade, but that has been twelve years ago.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »
i play the keyboard, i can pull off a pretty mean qwerty

surprised someone hasn't made that pathetic attempt at humour sooner, why did it have to be me :\

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2003, 04:00:19 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
i play the keyboard, i can pull off a pretty mean qwerty

surprised someone hasn't made that pathetic attempt at humour sooner, why did it have to be me :\

You are the bad one.

Lets see, I used to play trombone in elementary and middle school, and percussion bells in middle school, but since I didn't really care for either one I never bothered to learn other than to make noise.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2003, 07:27:35 AM »
Trumpet, and I know the basics of the piano, so if I tried really hard to learn a song I could play it.  Well, I wouldn't say just the basics, but I never did anything ultracomplicated.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2003, 02:51:53 PM »
Actually, manunited-
It's the Dylan version I usually play, with my brother on guitar. We jam alot.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2003, 12:13:16 AM »
erm.... i can play the triangle

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 12:59:53 AM »
I've been singing properly for about 10 years now, I'm self taught on the piano, I'm novice. And I know the basics of guitar, bass and drums, but I'm taking guitar lessons soon...
I'm too metal to have a signature...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 08:00:37 AM »
I like your avatar.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2003, 08:09:08 AM »
I used to play the trumpet, haven't played for about 3 years though, and like Mario, I can play the Triangle.  Pretty impressive huh?

Offline hashboygenius

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 10:58:56 AM »
ive been playing guitar for about 6 years now im pretty good but there are some things that i cant seem to grasp like 6 finger fret taping and the hand capo done by steve vai. bloody amazing guitarist he is.  
i hate boy bands  

Offline Cooolcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2003, 08:48:52 PM »
I play mad drums if I do say so myself. If you've seen some of the stuff Travis Barker does, then that's what I do. Or at least try, Mr. Barker is pretty damn good. He's Blink 182/Transplants/Boxcar Racer's drummer. I can play quite a bit of Blink 182 songs.