Recently released in Japan, Capcom announces a US release for Mega Man Zero 3
CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES MEGA MAN™ ZERO 3 FOR THE GAME BOY® ADVANCE
-Series Reaches New Depths with Improved Graphics and Exciting New Features-
E3, LOS ANGELES -- May 12, 2004 -- Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Mega Man™ Zero 3 for the Game Boy® Advance video game system. Mega Man Zero 3 is an exciting action adventure game that continues the saga of the main character, Zero, and introduces several new gameplay elements that build and expand upon the previous games for fans of the Zero series. Capcom plans to release Mega Man Zero 3 throughout North America this fall.
Mega Man Zero 3 is set in a world called “Neo Arcadia” that has been created as a utopia for humans and Reploids (robots). This new chapter continues the adventure of the series’ title hero, Zero, and his Reploid allies in the Resistance group who are fighting for peace. In Mega Man Zero 3, Zero encounters a malevolent new Reploid called Omega who has unleashed the evil power of the Dark Elf to brainwash the Resistance in order to take over Neo Arcadia. As the only one who has escaped the brainwashing attack, Zero must fight to save his allies and Neo Arcadia.
Mega Man Zero 3 boasts the following features:
- New Parts Customization System – There are three types of chips (feet, head and body), all with their own properties, that you can use to customize your character to adapt to the stage and enemies you are facing
- New “Recoil Rod” Weapon – This baton-shaped device lets you jump even higher by using the kick from charge attacks, and also allows you to break through certain obstacles that block your path
- Enter Cyber Space – In Cyber Space, the Cyber Elves (collectible characters that provide help to the player) help increase Zero’s abilities and make him more powerful
- Secret Disks - Find these disks scattered throughout the stages and have them analyzed to get Cyber Elves, items, and other useful data
- Improved Visual Effects – Mega Man Zero 3 challenges the limits of the Game Boy® Advance hardware to deliver spectacular new effects