More than 65 of the greatest wrestlers of all time are now available on GameCube and Game Boy Advance.
ACCLAIM ENTERTAINMENT SHIPS 'LEGENDS OF WRESTLING II' FOR NEXT-GENERATION GAMING SYSTEMS
Successful Wrestling Franchise Returns with All-New Matches and More Than 65 Superstars - Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino.
GLEN COVE, NY, November 26, 2002 - Stepping back into the ring with the greatest collection of wrestling icons to ever be assembled in one video game, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ.SC: AKLM), today announced it has begun shipping Legends of Wrestling II(TM) for the XBOX(TM) video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCube(TM) and Game Boy® Advance. Legends of Wrestling II features all new match types and more than 65 superstars, including Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bruno Sammartino, Bret "Hitman" Hart, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, Sid Vicious and Jerry "The King" Lawler. In addition, the game also features the late comedian Andy Kaufman, who will defend his Inter-Gender Heavyweight Championship.
"Legends of Wrestling II builds upon the success of its predecessor in every possible way, and we are thrilled to return this holiday season with a 'must-have' title for fans of professional wrestling," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Brand. "Featuring the biggest names in the business, incredible next-generation graphics and game play, as well as countless hours of body-slamming action, Legends of Wrestling II is the game that wrestling fans have been waiting for."
Legends of Wrestling II offers many exciting new features, including:
* More than 65 of the greatest wrestlers of all time;
* Cranium-crushing match types, such as 6- and 8-man Elimination Bouts, Cage, Battle Royal, Ladder, and 3- and 4-way dances;
* Never-before-seen $15,000 Body Slam Challenge with Big John Studd;
* All-new career mode, allowing players to battle throughout the United States and the world for the respect of promoters and fans while fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world;
* All-new DVD bonus footage, including interviews with many of the legends talking about their famed careers, favorite opponents and more (not available in Nintendo GameCube or Game Boy Advance);
* Signature entrances and taunts for each legendary wrestler, including all new licensed music composed by "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart;
* Fierce tag-team tournaments with great teams such as The Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, British Bulldogs, Nasty Boys, Rock-n-Roll Express and more;
* Advanced ISP system delivering even more bone-breaking one-button combos and reversals for outstanding game play;
* Create-A-Legend returns bigger and better, allowing players to make their ultimate grappler;
* All-new dynamic cloth and hair technology enhancing the realism of the wrestlers' movements.
Legends of Wrestling II is currently available for the XBOX(TM) video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube(TM) at suggested retail prices of $49.99. In addition, the game is available for Game Boy® Advance at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information on Legends of Wrestling II, please visit http://www.acclaim.com.