Think you're the biggest DK fan? Prove it to win some cool prizes in our new contest!
THE CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! THE WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY.
To celebrate the release on Donkey Kong Country 2 for GBA and the overall revival of the Donkey Kong franchise in 2004 (with games like Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Donkey Konga), Planet GameCube and Nintendo are teaming up to give you a chance to win some cool prizes!
We're looking for true DK fanatics to win these prizes. If you've got a funny DK story, or have played through Donkey Kong 64 and collected every single banana, or own eighteen copies of Donkey Kong Jr. Math, or have reached the "impossible" levels of the original Donkey Kong, just tell us about it!
We'll pick out the best essay and one runner-up to win these prizes:
First Place Prize:
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP™
Donkey Kong Country 2
DK Bongo controller
Second Place Prizes:
Donkey Kong Country 2
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP
Note: Once again, we must regretfully limit this contest to residents of the U.S. only.
The Distinguished Donkey Kong Devotee contest runs from Friday, December 3 to Friday, December 10. Good luck to all our entrants! Please see the complete official rules below.
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THE CONTEST (“CONTEST”) IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE U.S., YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND PLANETGAMECUBE.com (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. Limit one entry per person.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Contest Period. The Contest period is from December 3rd to December 10th, 2004 (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. One (1) First Prize winner will receive one (1) Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP™ system, approximate retail value (ARV): $79.99; one (1) Nintendo GameCube™ system (ARV: $99.99); one (1) Donkey Konga game pak (ARV: $49.99); one (1) Donkey Kong Country 2 game pak (ARV: $34.99); and one (1) DK Bongo controller (ARV: $29.99). Second Prizes: One (1) Second Prize winner will receive one (1) Donkey Kong Country 2 game pak (ARV:$24.99) and one (1) Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (ARV: $79.99). Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter; a total of two (2) will win.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
All prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Prizes won by a minor (as determined by the laws of state or province of residence) will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian on the minor's behalf. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. How to Enter. To enter, write an essay on why you are the biggest Donkey Kong fan and send it to BigContest@planetgamecube.com. Essays must be 500 words or less. Essays that are submitted but are not Donkey Kong themed or not 500 words or less will not be eligible
6. Contest Rules. All eligible entries will be judged on or before December 13, 2004, by staff members from Planet GameCube. Entries will be judged on creativity, uniqueness, aptness, and originality of the essay.
To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
7. Sponsor Ownership of Entries. All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7.
8. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) release Sponsor, participating sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
12. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winners' name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for Contestal purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation
13. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners (and if winner is a minor, winner's parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
14. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after December 15, 2004 and before December 15, 2005 to GolinHarris, Attn: “Distinguished Donkey Kong Devotee’s Contest” Winners List, 601 W. Fifth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to GolinHarris, Attn: “Distinguished Donkey Kong Devotee’s Contest” Rules Request, 601 W. Fifth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
15. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2004 Nintendo. All rights reserved.
16. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to GolinHarris, Attn: “Distinguished Donkey Kong Devotee’s Contest,” 601 W. Fifth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
17. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Planet GameCube. http://www.planetgamecube.com