You can now blow up the wriggly things on GameCube.
Ubi Soft Ships Worms Blast for Nintendo GameCube(TM) and PC Those Wacky
Worms Are Back In an Addictive New Puzzle Action Game!
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - October 22, 2002 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the
world's largest video game publishers, today announced that it has shipped
the puzzle action game Worms Blast for Nintendo GameCube and PCs, to U.S.
retail stores. Worms Blast features all of your favorite Worms characters
and 14 gameplay modes to choose from as you use your water cannon to clear
puzzles and collect special weapons to take out opponents. Worms Blast is
rated "E" for everyone and has an MSRP of $39.99 for GameCube and $19.99 for
"Gamers will quickly find that Worms Blast isn't your ordinary puzzle game
where you match endless rows of blocks or bubbles," said Corey Fong, brand
manager for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Worms Blast throws a twist into the
mix with the ability to collect special power-ups and weapons to use against
your opponent, giving it the ability to become THE party game of the year as
people get hooked on its uniquely addictive gameplay."
About Worms Blast
Fall in line for fast, furious firefights with Worms Blast. Your mission:
launch your Worm marine into hostile waters and blast your way to survival.
Go head-to-head with a friend in a barrage of gameplay modes and mini-games.
Recruit your Worm from a crazy corps of cartoon grunts with serious
delusions of grandeur. Worms Blast puts your mettle, reflexes, and blasting
skills to the ultimate test. Are you ready soldier? Then move out!
Worms Blast Features:
- Wacky Weaponry: Unleash a firing frenzy using Shotguns, Bazookas, Mines,
Laser Beams, and Sea Monsters
- Bombastic Power-Ups: Collect power-ups like Double Damage, Sailor's
Delight, and Fish Food
- Torrential Weather: Brave the high seas against Rain, Wind, Solar
Eclipses, and even Cosmic Showers
- 8 Multiplayer Gameplay Modes:
- Survival: You've got one boat and one chance for survival on the raging
- Star Collection: Battle your adversary to scoop up the most falling stars.
- TideTrial: The water level steadily rises beneath you and your opponent -
who will be the last Worm blasting?
- Death Match: Armed with 3 boats, you must sink your opponent 3 times to
- Don't Drop 'Em: With only one boat, blast away the land before it gets too
- 3 Unlockable Modes: Play through puzzle mode and unlock even more game