Tecmo's Wii football game launches this September.
Tecmo has announced that their Wii-exclusive sports game Family Fun Football will launch in North America on September 29.
The game promises easy-to-learn playbooks and accessible controls, as well as the ability to play as your Mii, team mascots, or wacky characters such as luchadors, ninjas, and robots. There are several different stadiums in which to play, including the Tecmodome and Moonrock Field.
Family Fun Football also promises to be a group-friendly party game. In addition to simple 2-on-2 pickup play, you can play through a nine-game season or get a crew together for a double-elimination tournament.
Family Fun Football is developed by Seamless Entertainment, and will carry a wallet-friendly MSRP of $29.99.
MAKE A TOUCHDOWN THIS FALL WITH FAMILY FUN FOOTBALL™ FOR Wii™
Power-ups and mascot mode makes for a football game that is fun for the whole family!
TORRANCE, Calif., August 11, 2009 - Video game developer and publisher Tecmo® today announced that the Wii™-exclusive Family Fun Football™ will be launching September 29, 2009. In this fun, arcade-style casual sports game for everyone to enjoy, play against friends and family in vibrant themed football stadiums, such as the Tecmodome or Moonrock Field! Choose to be one of the game's quirky characters, featuring animals, luchadors, ninjas, pirates, aliens and robots, or unlock the mode to play as your own Mii™. The ability to coach teams with a simple offensive and defensive playbook coupled with intuitive Wii Remote™ controls makes the game appealing to all ages for a fun pick-up and play party experience.
* Simple playbook: A coaching playbook that makes it easy for everyone to learn and play the game of football!
* Power-ups: Earn power-ups during gameplay to enhance certain attributes including speed, strength, passing, and interception for a limited amount of time. Use them wisely to gain momentum in the game!
* Quickplay: Jump right into the action! Select two teams and the stadium you want to play in to get started. Up to four players can play for 2-on-2 football fun!
* Season: Play through a nine game season, each game against a different opponent. Defeat every team to be the best!
* Tournament: Play your way through a double-elimination tournament and be the last team standing to win it all!
* Mascot Mode: You can play as your team's mascot, or as one of 10 unlockable mascots in Mascot Mode!
* Mii Compatibility: Load in your own Mii and play against your friends' and family's Miis for a more personal experience.
Developed by Seamless Entertainment, the Wii exclusive is scheduled for release on September 29, 2009. Family Fun Football is rated "E" by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB). The game will carry a suggested retail price of US $29.99. Additional information on the title, including a trailer and downloadable coloring book pages, can be found at www.familyfunfootball.com.