Author Topic: A grown up Pokemon on the DS  (Read 6390 times)

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:A grown up Pokemon on the DS
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 07:03:46 AM »
online ??????????
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2004, 12:32:54 PM »

Originally posted by: 31 Flavas
By forcing you to play the games you like in a different way

lol.  I like Pokemon a lot, but you have to be delusion to think that you are playing Ruby in a significantly different way than your buddy is playing Sapphire.
Well, what is the big difference between Wind Waker and Ocarina of time? Or for that matter what is the difference between Link to the Past and Ocarina of time? What about from Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask? Maybe you'll like the difference, maybe you won't, but most of Nintendo games have pretty radical differences.

When they hit a sucess like Ocarina of Time, they be nuts not to make another in the same style (i.e. Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime2, Pokemon Gold/Silver). That said though what did they do WindWaker and Ruby/Sapphire the successors Majora's Mask and Gold/Silver? WindWaker had its obvious graphical change and Ruby/Sapphire got rid of nearly all the original Pokemon. Whether you like those changes or not, I don't see how they are cookie cutter sequals.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
RE: A grown up Pokemon on the DS
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2004, 02:33:38 PM »
There will be no grown-up Pokemon.  Unless you give some kind of RPG look that can appeal to the older people like Square-Enix does but keep the same concept.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
RE: A grown up Pokemon on the DS
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 08:58:32 PM »
31 Flavas: What does your first paragraph even mean?  I found it ironic that you mentioned that nintendo makes you play differently in a Pokemon thread where Nintendo releases 3 games which play essentially the same.
I was also being ironic with the term 'cookie cutter sequel'.  Iwata says that these sequels will end the industry.  However you said 'wanged' Pokemon games (wanged so that Nintendo could improve with the next release) would save the industry.  
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2004, 05:35:33 PM »
31 flavas your basically saying that a red grape and white grape are the same as a melon and an apple.  I dont like the idea that they put the same game on 2 cartridges but its nothing that will hurt the series.  Draygaia no they dont have to change the look at all, if all they wanna do is make the battles harder I'll be happy, even happier if they tweak the storyline, but they dont have to.  Just stop aiming it to people with no rpg experience who never played the game before.  THis game has a wide fan base. Come on Nintendo USE IT!  Step it up a half notch!
PikkCuber