Author Topic: Zelda game after windwaker  (Read 12713 times)

Offline Super Mekman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda game after windwaker
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2003, 06:14:46 AM »
Wow, the idea of a "Techno Hyrule" also crossed my mind a while back....

It all seemed too desperate (lasers, cyber cars, neon lights, robots and such, smog, buildings that are too tall,) sounds like a different game all together.

Though then again coming from the right hands it could be a real kick.

...but it would most likely take away from the simplicity found in nearly ("MM") all  Zelda games. That kind of simple nature that never "distracted" us from the fun.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2003, 10:23:39 AM »
i just wanted to see a little it of spice, i love the celshading, so keep it if they want.  But i would really like to see a new look, maybe in like a twisted world, sorta like going back and forth in a LttP.  Have the normal world, and the make one look twisted, like Invader ZIm world if anyone has seen it.  For every one character on the outside, there could be one on the inside.  normal creatures and levels could be totally transformed.  I thik that allways adds to replay, being able to see something one way, then see it totally changed.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »
oh and i mean like play through a level in the new game, then play through again with it tottaly done over, not play through levels from the old zelda's
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2003, 05:23:18 PM »
would be an interesting mix to see   a combination of  the two, celda and spaceworld going back and forth through the game.  think how in OOT you go back from young to old link. could be interesting for sure.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2003, 09:59:25 AM »
If they did the future thing, I just think the cel-shading wouldn't work for it.  I don't know, I'd rather see something more realistic, not cartoony.  And I don't think they should make the next zelda game for the cube cel-shaded either (can you tell I'm not a fan of the cel-shading?)  I have no knowledge of this, but I don't imagine it being a waste if they don't use the "cel-shading" engine.  Its just a way of programming isn't it?  All they have to do is go through it and re-write some of the program, right?  I don't care, they shouldn't use it in my opinion.
it was time for a change.

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2003, 03:00:13 PM »
I guess i'm the odd one out, but I hope they don't spice anything up.  I think that Nintendo will keep the cel shading, because they see the potential that it could bring in animation, fighting, and particle effects.  Miyamoto definetly realizes that they haven't used cel shading to its full potential, yet.  Expect the Zelda on the next system to be realistic as The Big N tries to sway more people from buying a PS3.  The next Zelda game on GC will be cel shaded, but it will most likely take place on the solid ground of Hyrule.  There has been an absence from the land of Hyrule for two console games(MM and WW) and two Gameboy games( OoA, OoS; The new LTTP is simply a remake, which doesn't count on my watch). Look for the same layout as Oot, but in full cel shading.  Maybe instead of Young + Adult, they go back to dark world + light world. This would be extrodinary in cel shading, and I would personally enjoy it more than age differential.

You people are fools to even discuss "Spicing" thngs up in Zelda.  I do not want Zelda to be set when machines rule the world and some kill people for a living(Terminator), god that would be stupid.  Or even a present day mafia Zelda, that would be even more stupid.   All Zelda games are fantasy games and they will stay fantasy games as long as people have imaginations and buy the games, which will be a lllloooooonnnnngggggggggg time.
      ^^---"There is still hope"---^^

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2003, 04:49:25 PM »
well, while i do agree with alot of what you have said, especiallly the light and dark, as i had mentioned earlier, I just fear seeing so much green over and over again.  Maybe not the next cube Zelda, ok definetly not the next cube Zelda, but a PEFECT intro to the new N system would be a twist in the Zelda franchise.  I don't want a twist that is marketed, just a twist that is there.  I agree in keeping alot of it traditional, but i would also like to see some more concepts incorparated into the plot.   Allowing Zelda and Shiek to be PC's would be nice to.  Shiek with speed attacks and Zelda with magic ala SSBM.
Of course they could make a game with ZELDA as the main character.  Now that i think of it it would be very cool to use zelda on the field.  Alot better than an RPG idea.  It could be a whole new twist to the game.  Have a cool "the hunter has become the hunted" and show link being captured by some "goons".  Next say "the foe has become the fear" and show some cool bad guys dragging link away.  Then say, "Payback has arrived" or something less cheesy, and then show some clips of zelda in action.  Oh yeah, playing as super foxxy Zelda would be sweet.  the name, The legend of Zelda, the Princess' Trial.
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2003, 10:14:49 AM »
I think a lot of what makes Zelda games great is the fact that they aren't futuristic games, that there seems some sense of fansasy.  We all have wanted to live in Hyrule, go and talk to the villagers etc.  I don't think it would be much fun to be in some futuristic world, that just doesnt sound like fun to me.  I want to ride horses, shoot bows and arrows, walk in ancient temples, learn the secrets of yesterday and use them to complete tasks, find the forgotten.  I love the mostly traditional fantasy elements.
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 02:13:44 PM »
JOKE ZELDA:

Gannondorf finds the triforce again. Oh no. But TINGLE followed him and touches it first! Poof. The world turns a-la-San Fransico.
Heh heh...

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2003, 02:19:11 PM »
Everyone will dance around saying koloo-limpah and wishing to be fairies? Scary....
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline XzIbIt_23

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2003, 04:11:37 PM »
has anyone thought about making the zelda story just like Samurai Jack? U face Gandorf early in the game(that could be real time movie). Before you kill him, he send you to the future, bla bla bla, and you face it again in the final battle.
Games:
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 0
Super Monkey Ball
Super Mario Sunshine
NFL2k3
Madden 2003
StarFox Adventure

Looking Forward
The legend of Zelda:Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
Too Human
AC2
Mario 128

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2003, 06:16:08 PM »
i think samurai jack is one of the most profound storiews ever and should be made into its own game with the visuals exactly the same as in the show.
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Windwaker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2003, 05:22:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Chode2234
I think a lot of what makes Zelda games great is the fact that they aren't futuristic games, that there seems some sense of fansasy.  We all have wanted to live in Hyrule, go and talk to the villagers etc.  I don't think it would be much fun to be in some futuristic world, that just doesnt sound like fun to me.  I want to ride horses, shoot bows and arrows, walk in ancient temples, learn the secrets of yesterday and use them to complete tasks, find the forgotten.  I love the mostly traditional fantasy elements.

Well, it would be cool, if they had one part of the game furturistic (ala Chronno Trigger). Something where you're in the destroyed future, where robots have taken over. You don't have to have flying cars and all the junk.

Offline steve

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2003, 07:05:21 AM »
If Nintendo can find a way to have realistic graphics and still have link be able to express multiple feelings on his face and be able to look around the room and have his eyes fix on something for a clue, I think thats all the next zelda can aprove apone.
Months that end in feb
-What is febtober.
No!
-What is febterday
And the show has reached a new low.
-SNL Celebrity Jepeordy-

Offline Windwaker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2003, 02:49:50 PM »
I recently read in an articl that Myamoto said that the new Zelda is in the works  and that its a "DARKER Zelda game". That sounds sooooooooooo good. Any comments as to what DARKER would mean?

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2003, 03:48:10 PM »
he also said if he does an adult link again it would not feel right to him with cel shaded graphics so if this darker version has an adult link then it most likely will mean  spaceworld graphics if not even better.

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2003, 05:46:57 PM »

Originally posted by: StRaNgE
he also said if he does an adult link again it would not feel right to him with cel shaded graphics so if this darker version has an adult link then it most likely will mean  spaceworld graphics if not even better.

Thank God.

it was time for a change.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2003, 06:11:43 PM »
Keep in mind guys that Miyamoto feels that the most appropriate age for Link is young Link. So just because Aonuma says that cel-shaded isn't appropriate for adult Link doesn't mean the next Zelda will be realistic. As a cruel joke Miyamoto would probably make Link in all future Zelda games young Link and therefore use the cel-shaded graphics.

Also for clarification Miyamoto has not started working on the 2nd GC Zelda yet and therefore has not decided on whether the game would be darker or not Windwaker. Aonuma made this clear in the DICE interview. Wherever you read that from it was just a very bad interpretation of the DICE interview mixed with some fanboy wishful thinking.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Windwaker

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2003, 12:52:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
Also for clarification Miyamoto has not started working on the 2nd GC Zelda yet and therefore has not decided on whether the game would be darker or not Windwaker. Aonuma made this clear in the DICE interview. Wherever you read that from it was just a very bad interpretation of the DICE interview mixed with some fanboy wishful thinking.

Sorry Gibdo Master but I didn't hear it from the DICE interview, but from the Gamespot interview. Check it out, very interesting stuff.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2003, 02:49:41 PM »
Zelda in the future sound like samrai jack.
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline X-Box Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2003, 01:28:31 AM »
I think that the game will be awesome and NOT cel-shaded.
Be Kind, be cool & be Groovy

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2003, 08:35:54 AM »
Could you give me a link to that interview Windwaker? Thanks

Offline Windwaker

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2003, 05:16:20 PM »
Gibdo here it is. http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2911878,00.html  but your right, it was taken out of context.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2003, 06:31:14 PM »
Okay, I just read the whole interview and I really don't see where he says they already have another Zelda game in the works and that it will be darker. Unless I missed something it doesn't say anything about it being darker. Also I took it from this interview just like I did with the actual DICE interview that they have not started on the game.

Since we don't what's going to happen with Link in the next Zelda game, we don't necessarily know if [we're going to use cel shading for the next Zelda game]

I don't really see how that statement is saying they have already started on the new game. In the DICE interview they also talked about how the type of game the next Zelda would be would determine if it were cel-shaded or not. They went on to say that they wouldn't decide on what type of game the next one would be until sometime after they had gotten started on the next one.

Offline dannyjclark

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2003, 07:20:17 PM »
ive been thinking of a storyline that i thought was pretty cool...

traditional zelda game, not futuristic (although it is a pretty sweet idea) set in modern day hyrule, (modern day meaning a sequel to adventure of link). ganon has escaped death and is after the triforce once again. he steals the triforces of wisdom and power, but not courage. link must take back the crystals that he set into the stones in adventure of link;  only then, will he be able to unlock the magic seal in ganons underground fortress. during the final battle, ganon tricks link into killing him. ganon somehow is able to come back and kill link.
but....zelda escapes hyrule with the triforce of courage and finds an ocarina washed up on a distant island. zelda then goes back through time to the final battle.
instead of just controlling link, you control zelda too. while ganon and link are fighting, zelda goes through the underground and steals the triforces of wisdom and power back. she comes back into the battle room to find link dead. ganon picks up the triforce of courage from links dead body and transforms into a monster. not the big pig-like monster cause by the triforce of power, but a different monster that is caused by the triforce of courage. zelda picks up the master sword, and fights ganon. during the fight, ganon destroys the ocarina of time. finally, zelda impales ganon with the triforce of power, he is then trapped inside the triforce of power forever.
despite her efforts zelda is unable to revive link, but is able to save hyrule.