Author Topic: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!  (Read 35454 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2004, 08:25:15 AM »
It's like expecting the double-patty cheeseburger you were looking forward to, but instead got a personal pizza.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2004, 08:37:15 AM »
My comment about being gypped had nothing to do with the graphics. The fact is that WW was a rushed game for Zelda. It was too short, too easy, had too few dungeons, and too much sailing. I was hoping that we would get something that would top OoT, and in my opinion it fell short.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2004, 08:44:12 AM »
That's a much clearer picture.

In other words, we got half the hotdog, and no ketchup.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
RE:REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2004, 12:07:10 PM »
Hmm, I enjoyed WW, but that is just me.

What I REALLY enjoy is how Nintendo mixes graphical style with gameplay.  They realize that graphics help create a mood.  WW was light hearted and the graphics showed it.  The graphics told you, "Hey, this is link when he is younger!".  These graphics grab me and say, "Hey, this is link when he is older."  I find it so much easier to get into a game and enjoy the story along with gameplay when this is done.

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2004, 01:09:38 PM »
"In other words, we got half the hotdog, and no ketchup. "

Hahaha, great way to put it.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2004, 04:46:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
"I was losing faith in Nintendo and the Zelda series but OMG."

You see, it's bullshit like this that separates true Zelda fans from the posers...

Thank you.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2004, 07:16:53 PM »
Now imagine what if they remade OOT with those very same descisions and the young Link's time would be cel-shaded and old Link's time "realistic"?

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2004, 07:40:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Draygaia

You see, it's bullshit like this that separates true Zelda fans from the posers...

Thank you.

What is it with you?

I was a little dissapointed in WW so I have to be flamed?  It was a good game but no-where near as good as OOT. I found MM and WW to be dissapointments. Its an opinion and respect that. And yes I am a true Zelda fan, just because I dont love every Zelda game doesnt mean that I dont love the series. Grow up. Just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean you have to flame me.

EDIT - IGN just saw the 2 min vid of Zelda and have detailed impressions of what they saw up.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2004, 08:09:22 PM »
I LOOOOVED THE WIND WAKER. I just needed to get that out. Was it rushed? No. The reason that  WW or MM didn't measure up to OOT is simple. Direction. The Ocarina of Time was directed by Shiggy himself. Not overseen or produced. Directed. That was his game and the last Zelda that he directed personnally. Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker, while both highly polished and crafted,  were both directed by Eiji so-and-so.  That's the difference. Shiggy has the touch. "You teach a skill, but you can't pass a gift." And Shiggy is the most gifted one.

Now all Zelda Timeline ?'s should be refered to that thread in which we discuss the entire Multi-Link theroy throughly.

Another website refers to the New Zelda as the much over-used, overhyped "Never Happening".  And as much as I tried to downplay that phase, if anything qualfies as "Never Happening" it should be this and afterwards, that word should be purged from all human knowlege.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2004, 10:28:08 PM »
Yes, WW was rushed. They had to cut 2 dungeons just to get it out as soon as possible.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2004, 11:07:30 PM »
Actually, the MEGAT0N came in the form of an AMAZING HUMAN BEING known as REGGIE FILS-AIME, Nintendo's latest VP of marketing, head of high-tech Ninty Special Forces.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2004, 12:27:33 AM »
has anyone read igns article on the 2 and half minute secret trailer of zelda.  Wish that trailer was released cuase it sounds sweet.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2004, 12:49:56 AM »
Sounds like an extended version of the one you've already seen. Meh, I can wait.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »
I absolutely loved WW, until they told me they took away 3+ dungeons....cause they just did.
That sucked big time. The game was long if you took into account the sidequests, but I would have actually liked it if the game itself, and not the sidequests, was what made the game last longer.

The amount of temples in AlttP was huge, as was OoT. They really should go back to that.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2004, 03:04:54 AM »
You know what'd totally suck? If you couldn't slash bushes in this new game, because slashing bushes with your sword instead of enemies is not cool anymore. I'd be like "WHAT?" and throw my GameCube out the window, aiming for someone.

*Drops to knees, right arm reaching for the heavens*
DAMN YOU NINTENDO, WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR ++ FOR THIS? DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOU!

*Unirally's up the joint*

Offline - NintendoFan -

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2004, 03:29:10 AM »
Just in case anyone is intrested: 2 min Zelda Trailer

"When it's all over, we ask to watch it again. And then one more time. And another time still. The extended cut, which shows off never-before-seen areas in the game as well as more of Link's abilities, only reinforces our previous opinion of the anticipated action-adventure. It is, put simply, totally kick ass."

"The entire display knocked our socks off. The Legend of Zelda's new look shook E3 and after seeing more elements of the game in motion we're convinced that it's going to take the franchise to new heights, inside and out."

This video clearly shows more Zelda greatness, too bad we arn't able to see it.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2004, 07:20:47 AM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1

Originally posted by: Draygaia

Thank you.

What is it with you?

I was a little dissapointed in WW so I have to be flamed?  It was a good game but no-where near as good as OOT. I found MM and WW to be dissapointments. Its an opinion and respect that. And yes I am a true Zelda fan, just because I dont love every Zelda game doesnt mean that I dont love the series. Grow up. Just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean you have to flame me.

You just have to deal with the fact that I pounce at anyone who disses ANY Zelda game...The fact that you said that you were "losing faith in the Zelda series" isn't just an "act of disappointment" but a full-out attack on the Zelda series...And for that, I will flame you...End of story...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline - NintendoFan -

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2004, 08:30:34 AM »
"You just have to deal with the fact that I pounce at anyone who disses ANY Zelda game..."

I hope you are excluding the CD-i games.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2004, 08:43:41 AM »
Aha, Nintendo-developed only of course...

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2004, 08:56:49 AM »
"You just have to deal with the fact that I pounce at anyone who disses ANY Zelda game...The fact that you said that you were "losing faith in the Zelda series" isn't just an "act of disappointment" but a full-out attack on the Zelda series...And for that, I will flame you...End of story... "

pounce away, IMO WW was horrible. To easy, to repetitive and way to boring.
Hopefully WW2 is much better.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline meldavid

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2004, 09:03:48 AM »
I really hope Link gets companions this time around. Save the world quests are much more fun with companions, don't you agree? Plus it would introduce more types of puzzles. By companions I don't mean a fairy but actual adventurers fighting for the same cause. Maybe there can be even be a companion that betrays Link later on. As Link grows older he should experience more adult things such as treachery, betrayal, and maybe even love.

By the looks of the trailer it looks as though Link still has the same battle moves from OOT. I want more moves darnsarnet! Moves such as sword parries, shield barges, kicks, leg sweeps, elbows, striking with the butt of the sword, hell even throwing the sword at an opponent. An older Link would have learnt a few more tricks that's fer sure.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2004, 09:15:58 AM »
"I really hope Link gets companions this time around. Save the world quests are much more fun with companions, don't you agree?"

I think part of the charm of a Zelda game is the lone adventurer taking on the entire evil himself.  The solitude works really well and think the atmosphere would be hurt if additional characters were added.  I do however think adding companions would be fine in a Zelda spinoff like a Zelda RPG for example.  Or they could make a new Four Swords game where the other characters are actually original and unique and not just Link clones.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2004, 10:02:15 AM »
You make it sound as if there wasn't a point in having 4 Links in Four Swords...

And yes, there damn better be a love story...

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2004, 10:09:07 AM »
Link wirh companions, that would be very LotRs to me. Courage, The MasterSword and Epona are all the companions the Link needs, although another sheikian ninja would be cool to through in from time to time.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2004, 10:26:13 AM »
I really want to see that extended version of the trailer Nintendo was showing to a select few at E3...
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.