Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 182013 times)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2004, 02:03:09 PM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu
akdaman1 - i actually had the exact same problem you had.  i simply don't have time to go back and play re2, re3, re:cv and re0.

i highly recommend the plot analysis faq on gamefaqs.com that is written by twilde and president evil.  a link to the main re faq page is here.  scroll down to "plot analysis" in the in-depth faqs section.  it's long (the text document is almost half a meg), but i found it extremely useful.

Okay I am about to start reading this thing , DAMN !!! its huge , thank god I am an extremly good reader.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2004, 06:37:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
Star Wars took place in the past, so he most likely did it before people on Earth did it...

lol does that include incest?

( wonder's about  George Lucas's Mind at times )

What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2004, 07:49:20 PM »
Hey I am back and my head hurts because I have so much NEW info in my head ... ask me any questions to check my intellegence of the RE universe ...I am now an RE geek.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2004, 08:14:19 PM »
Okay, I'll give you a few questions. But a few may be trick questions, so just keep your eye out.

Question One:

-George Trevor mentions that he was told that Jessica and Lisa Trevor visited his hospitilized Aunty on November 10, 1967. What really happened to them on November 10, 1967?

They were administered with the Progenitor-Virus

Question Two:

-Billy Coen was sentenced to death at Lexson Base. What crime did he comit?

First-Degree Murder

Question Three:

-The mysterious white robed man in Resident Evil Zero gathers his hundreds of leeches together to make a similar reprensentation of who?

Himself (James Marcus), although it was when he was at his older stages in life. He was actually younger when you first see him in the white robe.

Question Four:

-Name every single member in Alpha Team as well as Bravo Team, and mention how they died.

Chris Redfield ~ Currently Alive
Jill Valentine ~ Currently Alive
Albert Wesker ~ Currently Alive
Barry Burton ~ Currently Alive
Brad Vickers ~ Impaled with Nemesis' tentacle.
Joseph Frost ~ Mauled by the Cerberus.

Enrico Marini ~ Shot by Albert Wesker
Rebecca Chambers ~ Currently Alive
Forest Speyer ~ Pecked to death by crows
Richard Aiken ~ Eaten by the Yawn / Eaten by Neptune
Kenneth J. Sullivan ~ Throat torn out by zombie
Kevin Dooley ~ Possibly mauled by Cerberus.
Edward Dewey ~ Possibly mauled by Cerberus and thrown through train window.

Final Question for now:

-Name the creation of the overly large smart monster in Resident Evil 3. Also name where it roughly came from (Don't need to be specific) and name what it is ordered to do.

Name: Nemesis. Created in Europe (Possibly France). Ordered to hunt down every single remaining S.T.A.R.S member alive.

This is all I'll give you for now.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2004, 08:14:21 PM »
Does Wesker have silly super powers now?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2004, 08:21:35 PM »
yes ...Wesker has super human powers . He was most likley saved by some secret organisation

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2004, 10:08:33 PM »
Wesker injected himself with what most people call the "Wesker-Virus" because nobody really knows what he is currently infected with.
Lots of people also refer to him as a Tyrant, as you can see when he takes of his sunglasses, his red eyes are revealed as an effect from the unknown virus.

I wouldn't really say he has silly powers, but rather more something like he has a great strength ability.

Chances are that he'll be returning in Resident Evil 4, possibly with Chris Redfield.
But there are some unexplained interesting facts about Wesker and his relation with the HCF and epilogue of Resident Evil: Outbreak.

Yes, we'll be dropping 2 for each beginning with sample T-4, the rest will follow at 15 minute intervals.

This was taken from the ending of Resident Evil: Outbreak from one of the men that are in the observation towers built upon the smoking ruins of Raccoon City. Or What's left of it.
The next quote is taken from the Resident Evil: Remake.

2. Collect two embryos of each mutated specimens as samples, excluding the Tyrant. Dispose of the Tyrant.

That was to Albert Wesker, and all I was thinking was that the organization that is making the supposed breeding grounds in Raccoon City is the HCF, and the reason of Wesker to collect the embryo's was to make a sort of Noah's arc effect where Bio-Organic Weapons will be bred.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2004, 10:23:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
Okay, I'll give you a few questions. But a few may be trick questions, so just keep your eye out.

Question One:

-George Trevor mentions that he was told that Jessica and Lisa Trevor visited his hospitilized Aunty on November 10, 1967. What really happened to them on November 10, 1967?

They were captured by Umbrella and experimented on.

Question Two:

-Billy Coen was sentenced to death at Lexson Base. What crime did he comit?

He murdered 23 innocent people , although he was forced , the cops dont know this.

Question Three:

-The mysterious white robed man in Resident Evil Zero gathers his hundreds of leeches together to make a similar reprensentation of who?

His old former self...the younger James Marcus

Question Four:

-Name every single member in Alpha Team as well as Bravo Team, and mention how they all died.

I am not gonna answer this because it would take me forever ...and I will admit that I dont know how they all died...I can name all the members though ...but I cant be bothered.

Final Question for now:

-Name the creation of the overly large smart monster in Resident Evil 3. Also name where it roughly came from (Don't need to be specific) and name what it is ordered to do.

The monster was Nemesis , noone is sure if he is a tyrant or used making what virus ...but he is there to kill the members of Stars.

This is all I'll give you for now.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2004, 10:29:27 PM »
Okay, updating it with the answers.
Most of them you said were correct.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2004, 06:11:18 AM »
yeah...those questions would have been much harder if the answers weren't written in bold right underneath the questions.  try adding a spoiler font next time.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2004, 09:00:21 AM »
He actually answered them after I did , Now if I really wanted I could have answered No. 4 , but seriously , I am not gonna spend a half hour answering a question that big , I told Plauge to make them hard ones but ones that I can answer in 1 sentence.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2004, 09:41:43 AM »
OK, here's a short essay Q for you:

Why is Lisa Trevor important to the series?

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2004, 09:43:31 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
OK, here's a short essay Q for you:

Why is Lisa Trevor important to the series?

May I answer that after I get to that area of the game ? I really didnt read too much into REmake and RE0 because I plan into playing them firsthand.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2004, 12:59:27 AM »
This was quoted straight from reH, which was taken from gamefront.de .

The Dorimaga published further details in its newest expenditure to resident Evil 4. Capcom confirms that the Umbrella company does not exist any longer. But that would not mean that the action would not stand in a connection with Umbrellas. One does not want to be limited however to old stories of the predecessors, because it concerns a completely new resident Evil. The publication is to take place further exclusively on the Gamecube. One will therefore convert resident Evil 4 on no other hardware of the current generation. In addition it was again confirmed that the entire diagram in the play in real time is computed and that the Survival is particularly terrible horror this time - even the developers would be afraid.

If this is true... then does this mean that there us no Umbrella Corporation?
And if there isn't, I swear to God, I would do anything to stop the production of Resident Evil 4.

Are Capcom out of their minds?

Does this mean that Umbrella has just faded away without us even knowing what the hell happened?

Someone is probablly likely to quote me, once again saying, "Don't have a fit", so I'll say now, that it is strictly MY opinion that Capcom have made their biggest mistake yet.

If this does happen to be all true: ..... A note for Capcom:  You just lost lots of fans.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2004, 05:41:03 AM »
another sourse with (mostly) the same information (in proper english, no less):

More Resident Evil 4 Details
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2004, 06:08:46 AM »
*raises hand*  I'll be the first to quote Zero!

It's not very prudent to base your "opinions" on something that hasn't even been fully revealed yet...Instead of "OMFG CAPCOM SUXORS BECAUSE OF TEH STORY EVEN THOUGH WE DONT KNOW THE STORY HRHRHRR!" how about you stay even-headed?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2004, 11:21:25 AM »
Kinda remotely Remotely reminds me of Wind Waker.

Ye olden days are past, but the threatening legacy still remains.  Might Umbrella be "gone" and no longer operating should not have to imply the fruits of their (and Wesker's) labor take no responsibility for the current (RE4) state of the world.  The chronological gap between the lastest adventures is quite large, so a lot may have happened to simply lead to "ok, Umbrella has closed its doors.  you may find the remaining stock of Hunters and T-Virus gelcaps at your local Wal-Mart. Have a nice day."   I've no clue how Capcom intends to fill us in about the gap, if at all.

Update:
REHorror's news update seems to agree with my random thoughts.  What were the random chances of that happening?

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2004, 06:36:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
*raises hand*  I'll be the first to quote Zero!

It's not very prudent to base your "opinions" on something that hasn't even been fully revealed yet...Instead of "OMFG CAPCOM SUXORS BECAUSE OF TEH STORY EVEN THOUGH WE DONT KNOW THE STORY HRHRHRR!" how about you stay even-headed?

Nowhere in my post did I say that Capcom sucked, nor did I say that the article/news was even true.
BUT, I did say that If this happens to be true, then I'll be very annoyed and angered, but as of yet, right now, Capcom are still my heroes.

And I'll say it again. If this happens to be true... then I'm not going to be happy at all.

EDIT:
Also from reH, the webmaster states that the older trailers for Resident Evil 4 may not of been scrapped, but rather just a little "overworked".
But, I'm not saying this is yet official.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2004, 06:50:33 PM »
O.K this infomation reassures my previous beliefs , I think that Capcom realised how many plot holes/gaps were there , and if they if wanted to fill them then they will need 2-10 other RE games.

I mean they have to tell us what happened with Nikolai , Leon , Rebbeca , Wesker , Chris and Claire , Steve , also there is the question of what happened to Billy ...you see I dont blame them , I mean the story was just to ambitious to continue.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2004, 06:58:29 PM »
The demise of Umbrella will probably be explained in RE4's prequel, Biohazard 5: Code Elizabeth W.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »
Your absolutely right, you know.
The story was too ambitious to continue... therefore they will make a whole new story where they can create just as many plot holes as they did with previous Resident Evil games.
If they wanted to hatch a new story for the games, then for the love of God, please cover up the plot holes they gave us.

Having Umbrella just vanish is completely stupid, seeing that we hardly got any hints in previous Resident Evil games that they were going out of buisness.

Akdaman1, you mention a few plot holes that Capcom never covered up... but I don't happen to see one on the Umbrella Corporation.
You could probablly relate a few of them to Umbrella... but none of them is strictly on the Umbrella Corporation itself.

By the way, you mentioned that there is a plot hole with Leon that hasn't been covered up, and you also mention that you don't blame Capcom for creating a new story because of this plot hole (And a few others.)
You do know that Leon is returning in RE4, don't you?

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2004, 07:24:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
Your absolutely right, you know.
The story was too ambitious to continue... therefore they will make a whole new story where they can create just as many plot holes as they did with previous Resident Evil games.
If they wanted to hatch a new story for the games, then for the love of God, please cover up the plot holes they gave us.

Having Umbrella just vanish is completely stupid, seeing that we hardly got any hints in previous Resident Evil games that they were going out of buisness.

Akdaman1, you mention a few plot holes that Capcom never covered up... but I don't happen to see one on the Umbrella Corporation.
You could probablly relate a few of them to Umbrella... but none of them is strictly on the Umbrella Corporation itself.

By the way, you mentioned that there is a plot hole with Leon that hasn't been covered up, and you also mention that you don't blame Capcom for creating a new story because of this plot hole (And a few others.)
You do know that Leon is returning in RE4, don't you?

Yes I know Leon is in it , but put it like this

RE4 = Leon and Ada
RE5 = Chris , Claire and Wesker etc
RE6 = What ever plot wholes opened up from 4 and 5.  The Plots are just opening and there is too many charecters , each charecter says that they are gonna get even with Umbrella ....but 4 years later and nothing has happened. How is capcom gonna explain all of it ? Dont forget about Gun Survivor , which had Umbrella in it , and was dated in 2002.

I believe that this next RE should not be called RE ...it should be a new series focusing around Leon being a secret agent or something.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2004, 07:38:04 PM »
If Capcom use their brains, then they would fill in other plot holes that they created in previous Resident Evil games... but if they do take a road for a 'New' story, then they'll just create a whole new generation of plot holes and then eventually once again say "We'll just hatch a new Resident Evil story. Hopefully the fans wouldn't mind it if our games changed story's with no explanation of how the villains were destroyed every so often."

I do agree with you that Resident Evil DOES need a change... but what I'm saying is that it is utterly stupid to just suddenly end the Umbrella corporation with no explanation at all.
Even if we get a minor explanation of how Umbrella was destroyed, then I'll be happy... but it is going to create a bigger plot hole if Capcom don't explain it.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2004, 01:58:11 AM »
As I said, just wait and see how the story pans out before thinking worst-case scenario...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2004, 03:45:52 PM »
A new RE4 article.

Right here.
~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~