Author Topic: Wii U eshop games are getting delisted left and right! Recommend stuff here,  (Read 14112 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I still want to get my hands on Super Castlevania IV on WiiU but there's a chance it'll be a waste of money if it ends up on the Switch for free.

I have it and it looks great on the Gamepad screen if you are planning for some off TV play. You can also use the  SNES mini controllers to play it on the Wii U.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Crystalis is on the NES Online thingie despite also being in the SNK Collection. I know that's a different company though, but just noting that a game being for sale in a collection on Switch doesn't necessarily rule it out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Which e-shop will stop selling games first, Wii U or 3DS?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
I still want to get my hands on Super Castlevania IV on WiiU but there's a chance it'll be a waste of money if it ends up on the Switch for free.

I mean if you're concerned about wasting money on Super Castlevania IV because it might show up on the Switch for free, why not just buy the Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Switch instead?  It's been on sale several times this last year for about $10, which is only $2 more then Super Castlevania IV by itself is on the Wii U.  You get the same game, plus 7 others for only $2 more.  Actually it's even more since the Anniversary Collection also has the Japanese versions for most of the games as well, which is a big deal for Castlevania 3 since the original version has higher music quality and a more fair difficulty in the second half.

Plus this way if Nintendo ever shuts down the SNES Online when they release a Switch successor, you'll still own the Anniversary Collection and won't have to worry about losing access to the games on it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Bump because in March 2023 everything is getting delisted.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Bump because in March 2023 everything is getting delisted.

Switch 2 Launch date confirmed!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Which e-shop will stop selling games first, Wii U or 3DS?
It's a tie!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Sucks. Feels more urgent to get on it with Wii U because of being the last bastion of the Virtual Console. Some games there I am convinced will never make it to Switch.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Trying to think of what I need to buy, but I think I've got everything.  Most Wii U games that I didn't purchase on the Wii U have gotten ported to the Switch by now.  For the Virtual Console I was interested in the Mega Man Zero games but Capcom got those on Switch with the Zero Collection.  I was also thinking about getting the GBA Castlevania's but then Konami went and saved me the trouble by releasing them on the Switch with the most recent collection as well.  I've been wanting to get Mega Man Battle Network 2 and 3, but I figure it's only a matter of time before Capcom releases a collection of those in the coming years so no real need to get those either.

Even though it sucks when these services shut down, I don't see much that will be lost forever.  Most of the NES and SNES games have already been released on the Switch online, or released in other Collections by their third party.  The N64 selection on the Switch is going to end up being larger then its Wii U counterpart, and it's only a matter of time before GBA games hit the system as well.

The DS Virtual Console is the only one I worry about since the Wii U was perfect for allowing easy emulation of its titles.  Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo creates an touchscreen controller add-on to emulate the DS and even 3DS bottom touchscreen so they can add those system to the Switch or its successor someday as well.  With how popular the DS was, I doubt Nintendo wont find a way to take advantage of nostalgia for that system someday.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
It's really only the "enhanced" versions of VC games that matter at this point. Super Mario Advanced 4 has the e-reader levels accessible from the start and the NES Zapper games that were made to work with the Wii pointer are a cool novelty as well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Nintendo isn't making this easy, they've already updated their eShop website to try and remove most traces of 3DS and Wii U. I guess I'll have to dive back into the systems themselves to make some wishlists, though a quick preliminary search shows that I'm mainly interested in a few VC games. I won't be getting anything right away though, I'm gonna wait it out until the end in the off chance of any sales, plus if there's any word of Game Boy systems hitting the Switch then I'll skip buying those.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
You know, once again Nintendo is leaving piles of money on the floor. They could make this a big bang and offer last-chance sales to get people in, or leave the prices the same and announce any purchases made before the shutdown will be ported over to the Switch and suddenly you would get a lot of people piling on the grab them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Man I better Download Bomberman 64 ASAP. Man what fun that was. I loved the single player and multiplayer. My kids deserve to try that multiplayer!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I think I kept everything on some sort of storage. But it will probably be months or years before I get the urge to hook up my wii u again.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post