Author Topic: Wii U eshop games are getting delisted left and right! Recommend stuff here,  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Mr. Bungle

• the pieces of felt moment
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I still want to get my hands on Super Castlevania IV on WiiU but there's a chance it'll be a waste of money if it ends up on the Switch for free.

I have it and it looks great on the Gamepad screen if you are planning for some off TV play. You can also use the  SNES mini controllers to play it on the Wii U.

Offline Mop it up

• Ah, to be an internet user with a hardened opinion. It has always been a dream of mine
  • Score: 119
    • View Profile
Crystalis is on the NES Online thingie despite also being in the SNK Collection. I know that's a different company though, but just noting that a game being for sale in a collection on Switch doesn't necessarily rule it out.

Offline Mr. Bungle

• the pieces of felt moment
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Which e-shop will stop selling games first, Wii U or 3DS?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
I still want to get my hands on Super Castlevania IV on WiiU but there's a chance it'll be a waste of money if it ends up on the Switch for free.

I mean if you're concerned about wasting money on Super Castlevania IV because it might show up on the Switch for free, why not just buy the Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Switch instead?  It's been on sale several times this last year for about $10, which is only $2 more then Super Castlevania IV by itself is on the Wii U.  You get the same game, plus 7 others for only $2 more.  Actually it's even more since the Anniversary Collection also has the Japanese versions for most of the games as well, which is a big deal for Castlevania 3 since the original version has higher music quality and a more fair difficulty in the second half.

Plus this way if Nintendo ever shuts down the SNES Online when they release a Switch successor, you'll still own the Anniversary Collection and won't have to worry about losing access to the games on it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai