Author Topic: WW not holy enough? What?  (Read 9961 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:WW not holy enough? What?
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2003, 04:03:52 PM »
So why even say that Christians modernized terrorism when you're not gonig to make a point about it? Generally people provide such facts in order to prove points- naturally people will assume your point is that we should rebuke Christians for inventing terrorism. I don't see why you would even mention such a fact when you didn't mean anything by it.

And my last comment had nothing to do with what the catholics or muslims or christians have done- I was simply pointing out that just because you're Christian doesn't mean you won't come down on Christians for certain things. My friend, who is a catholic, regards the catholic church as a cult- saying you're Christian and therefor cannot bash Christians is meaningless to me. I'd respond to you the same were Christian, Islamic, Hindu, Native American, whatever- it doesn't matter to me.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2003, 04:13:46 PM »
i did have a point....most people in america are christians...and a lot of people in america think that muslims are so bad for their terrorist acts. the point is(i actaully made this point already) was that christains are the ones who made it what it is today. they arent doing anything new. so just as you wouldnt want to be generalized as a christian, you shouldnt generalize muslims. and i think that if you are christain and dont care about what other christians believe in, then you are beyond stupid. the christian religion has many people believing in many htings. i think you would be suprised how much you could learn from someone of a different sect if you gave what they said a chance. hell its important to know what muslims believe it. jsut to understand why they do the things they do. both are huge religions and i would be suprised if there is one person on the earth that doesnt know someone who is one or the otehr. its always good to try to understnad things from a different view point. to shut someone down because you dont believe the same thing they do is just as ignorant as blowing someone up because they wont believe what you believe in. its just no as violent. i think we whould take this to the old fashion messenger if you really want to continue the discussion. we pushed this religious thread as far as we can i think.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
RE: WW not holy enough? What?
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2003, 06:56:14 PM »
just so i can protect myself from flames...

i am christian myself, my joke IS a generalization but not what i believe and is more poking fun at those that do believe christianity is the ONLY truth... in fact if i remember correctly, my priest is the one who told me that joke.

the thing is, the only thing separating a cult and a religion is political power.
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2003, 11:39:12 PM »
I enjoyed your joke.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2003, 04:07:58 AM »
Me too.  I was actually expecting a better punchline after such a buildup, but it was still a pretty good joke.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2003, 07:20:03 AM »
yea i have heard that joke before as well, and it is a good one. i do think that there is only one truth, but we obviously dont know what that is, and i believe that if god is a just god(assuming there is one) he wont limit heaven to the ones who believed the truth. some people just dont know, and its whats in the heart that counts. obviously a lot of people will be proven wrong at the end of time, because not everyone can be right. i dont know what you mean by multiple truths, but from what i have heard other people say, i dont believe that to be possible. but if you just mean that christians wont be the only ones in heaven, (again assuming that christian are right) then i definitely agree with you, and i think a lot of christains would. obviously though...there is either a god or no god. he is either the christian god or he isnt.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2003, 07:58:34 AM »
"i did have a point....most people in america are christians...and a lot of people in america think that muslims are so bad for their terrorist acts."

Okay then, that's good enough for me. Sorry for our scuffle.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2003, 04:40:05 PM »
no offense taken at all.

Thomas Paine

Offline Smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2003, 10:51:53 PM »
I know this thread started out about a Christian website review on Zelda WW but it has turned into something else entirely. From what I have read most of you seem to be pretty honest about your views on God and/or religion and such. I notice alot of you have said you often question yourselves about God and whether he exists or not. This is completely normal even for those beggining to learn and embrace Christianity. You have every right to strive for an answer to any question you may have. Especially religion and its practices. I don't think every Christian or so called Christian always knows how to introduce Christianity to others. It mostly always comes off as a turn off to others and I can see how this may turn some people away, like some of you.

As a Christian myself I can't see ignoring this thread now I have read it. There are so many posts I don't know where to start. Though I invite anyone who has any questions about God or Christianity to please PM me, or post a message. I really want to share my beliefs with anyone who seeks answers. I hope some of you will respond. PM's are welcome. and God Bless.  

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2003, 03:10:49 AM »
Look, I'm a strong Christian too, and as much as I'd love to toss my two cents in on this sort of thing, large, public forums are a terrible place to do that.  It's nearly inconceivable to keep people on topic and out of heated arguments.  Not only that, but it's against the rules, and with that, this thread is done.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers