Author Topic: Safe Words 7: I Expect You to Die. Game Over.  (Read 28751 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 7: I Expect You to Die. Mission Eight.
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2015, 08:30:07 PM »
The game is afoot and has resumed.

Silenced is the first one up. Can he escape from the ShyGuy's diabolical lair or will he meet his demise at ShyGuy's hands?

The choices are:

Q, Timothy Dalton, Oddjob, Goldeneye 64, or George Lazenby.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »
I suppose I'll go with Q?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
Don't touch that! Oh Silenced. You've done it now....

Shyguy takes out Agent Silenced Goldfinger and retains control of the bomb word. And with that, the final four has been set.

As we wait for ShyGuy's selection, we may as well check in with M for info on the next mission.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:04:17 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 7: I Expect You to Die. Mission Seven.
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2015, 11:48:16 PM »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 7: I Expect You to Die. Mission Nine.
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2015, 12:26:08 AM »
And now let's take a look at this Safe Words Final Four.

Up to this point, there has been a different Safe Words winner every game. However, that may be coming to an end as there are 3 previous winners still alive and kicking in the Final Four. Will we see a repeat winner or will someone new once again claim the title of Safe Words Winner? We shall soon find out which of these contestants will be able to successfully navigate the bomb words and find the safe words they need to claim victory with such little wiggle room left.

Insanolord - The only player in the Final Four who has not won a Safe Words game yet. (Yay!) If other players are hoping none of the other previous winners succeed again, he is their only hope. (Boo!) Insanolord is the only player in the final four who has not had the ability to choose the bomb word for the round and eliminate another player with it. He's had to survive by good safe word choices only. Insanolord is also one of the few players who has played every Safe Words game and has now tied UncleBob for most appearances in a Safe Words Final Four by reaching it this round for the fourth time in his playing history. Yet, the best he has ever done is 3rd place in Safe Words 2. He's been eliminated at fourth place in the last two games, Safe Words 5 and 6. Will history repeat itself with a third straight fourth place finish or will Insanolord finally advance to a new Safe Words height he's never reached and actually, gulp, win a game?! And even stranger, why am I starting to respect his gameplay and am becoming ok with that possibility? I should have never done this write up!

In Safe Words 5, he was in the Final 4 with ShyGuy who went on to win the game and in Safe Words 6, he was in the Final Four with Lucariofan99 who went on to win the game. He has never faced Nuclearspeed in a Final Four situation. Will Insanolord be able to get some revenge for his past losses or will ShyGuy and Lucariofan99 triumph over him again? Will Insanolord be able to dash the hopes of the other players hoping to be the first to win a second Safe Words game?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2015, 12:27:28 AM »
Nuclearspeed - Nuclearspeed has had one of the most dramatic rise and falls in this game. In his first game, Safe Words 2, he bombed out badly by picking the bomb word out of a 14 word list and was the first one out. It remains the worst loss yet, due to the fact that we hardly have 14 players in a game to create a 14 word list for someone else to lose at. However, not to dwell on the negative, Nuclearspeed would improve from 15th place in Safe Words 2 to 10th place in Safe Words 3. Ah, but then the magic happened. In Safe Words 4, Nuclearspeed made it to the Final Four. There, after a bunch of rounds in which all players used their Safe Guesses to survive automatic eliminations, Nuclearspeed finally emerged from that closely fought battle and became the 4th Safe Words Winner! He followed that victory with an 11th place finish in Safe Words 5 and didn't even show up for Safe Words 6. However, he used that time off to clearly train and shake off that loss as seen by his return to the Final Four this game. Although he doesn't have the highest elimination count this game, he has been active by taking out two players via his bomb word selections on his way to this Final Four appearance and the second overall Final Four appearance he has made in his Safe Words playing history.

This marks the 5th game Nuclearspeed has played and, as shown by his history, he seems to be a feast or famine player. If he isn't out early, he's making it to the end. In his one Final Four appearance, he faced ShyGuy in that Final Four and was able to beat him on his way to victory. He also had to face UncleBob, who was making his fourth in a row Final Four appearance, and beat him along with New Zealander oohhboy. In this game's Final Four, besides facing ShyGuy, he's also facing Insanolord, who's making his fourth Final Four appearance, and Australian Dingbat Outbacker Lucariofan99. Interesting parallel. Will this make for the same recipe of success as Nuclearspeed found in Safe Words 4? Will he be able to make Safe Words history again as the First Two-Time Winner of Safe Words? Or will his time away finally catch up with him against some deadly competition?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2015, 12:27:58 AM »
Lucariofan99 - Like Insanolord, Lucariofan99 seems to be playing a pretty solid game of correct safe word choices and not attracting much attention to himself or his gameplay. However, he has had the opportunity to control the bomb word selection once and has eliminated a player by it on his way here, unlike Insanolord. Of all the players in the Final Four this game, Lucariofan has the lowest cumulative game score. That's because this is only his 4th time playing this game. Yet, he was one of the first players to participate in the very first Safe Words game. He ended up in 9th place. And then he disappeared and did not play another Safe Words game until Safe Words 5. In that game, he also made some Safe Words infamous history by being able to choose the first bomb word and then accidently posting his choice in the thread. Unfortunately, before he could erase it, the players all seemed to have seen it and the first round ended with all players choosing a safe word and Lucariofan99 being eliminated by his own bomb word to finish in 14th place. Yet, he would go from 14th to 1st in his very next game which is the most dramatic rise and difference of a player's performance from one game to the next. In Safe Words 6, he completely turned his game around and solidly marched to the end outwitting Mop it up with his bomb word choice for victory. In fact, Khushrenada, sensing that Lucariofan99 was surpassing expectations by surviving so long even predicated that Lucariofan99 would probably win the thing right after the halfway mark of the game and he was right.

Showing that the win last game wasn't a fluke and that he had learned how to play this game after all, Lucariofan99 now makes the Final Four for the second time in a row. He is only the 4th player to achieve the feat of back to back Final Fours in Safe Words games. UncleBob is the first with 4 in a row, Insanolord has now accomplished 3 in a row and ShyGuy has also had 2 in a row. In another first for Safe Words, Lucariofan99 is the first winner to make it to the Final Four in their next game. No winner has ever won another Safe Words game, let alone back to back Safe Words games, but Lucariofan99 is the only player in this game who has the chance of accomplishing both of those feats if he can survive and win. In his only Final Four appearance, he faced off against Insanolord who is also in this Final Four as mentioned before. Unlike last time, he is also facing other players who have won before in ShyGuy and Nuclearspeed. Will he be able to overcome such fierce competition to do the impossible and win back to back games after losing in the first round by his own bomb choice just two games ago? Lucariofan99 hasn't lost in 17 straight rounds. Will he be able to make it 3 more rounds for the win or is 20 straight rounds to much for any player? Of all the people who have played Safe Words, he may have seemed the most improbable player by everyone else to accomplish such a feat leading up to Safe Words 6 and yet he's the first to get to this point since then despite this being only the second time he's made the Final Four in a game!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2015, 12:28:37 AM »
ShyGuy - Last but certainly not least, we come to the suddenly notorious ShyGuy. Although getting some flack thrown his way for his seemingly lengthy Safe Words selections, ShyGuy has refused to let it bother him or speed up his selection time. And why would he when it has clearly been working for him since he as reached the Final Four for the 3rd time in his Safe Words playing history. Like Insanolord, ShyGuy has played in every Safe Words game. You got to respect that. He's finished all over in various games but often times in the middle of the pack like 6th or 7th. However, 5th time was the charm for ShyGuy as he went on to win the Sonic Safe Words game which is the most complicated Safe Words game we've played up to this point as well with all the different items and abilities it had. He accomplished that win without using any of the items and, after getting to 4th place in Safe Words 4, become the second player at the time to make the Final Four in back to back games.

In this game, only 4 players have been able to select the bomb words for a round. One of those players, Stratos, did not make it to the Final Four. The other three, Nuclearspeed, Lucariofan99 and ShyGuy have made it to the Final Four. ShyGuy has had control of the Bomb Word twice so far and eliminated two other players so far. Going in to the Final Four, ShyGuy controls the bomb word again which will tie him with Stratos for most control of the bomb word and most players eliminated. Of course, Stratos ended up eliminating himself with his third usage of the Bomb Word selection. Will ShyGuy suffer the same fate or will he be able to avoid it? And will he end up breaking the tie with Stratos and possibly control the Bomb Word a few more times to get himself to victory? In Safe Words 4, ShyGuy made the Final Four with Nuclearspeed in a Final Four situation that has some resemblance to the Final Four situation of this game. Will ShyGuy suffer another defeat at the hands of Nuclearspeed or will he be able to turn the tables on him this game? In Safe Words 5, ShyGuy faced off against Insanolord in that Final Four? Will ShyGuy be able to thwart him again or will he fall to the NWR's Community Tyrant? And what about Lucariofan99 who seems to have suddenly become, yes, invincible? With all his Safe Words experience, having just won it two games ago and his control of the bomb word, ShyGuy would seem like the player with the best chance to get to the end and win thereby becoming the first player to be a Two-Time Safe Words Winner. Can he be the blunt instrument he needs to be to do this? We shall soon find out.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2015, 12:35:55 AM »
Finally, one last interesting tidbit about this game's Final Four players. All of these players placed dead last in a Safe Words game. Nuclearspeed was the first one out in Safe Words 2. ShyGuy was the first one out in Safe Words 3. Insanolord was the first one out in Safe Words 4. Lucariofan99 was the first one out in Safe Words 5. That's right. The first players out from Safe Words 2-5 are the Final Four this game. Not only that, Nuclearspeed won Safe Words 4, ShyGuy won Safe Words 5 and Lucariofan99 won Safe Words 6. That means the last three winners from 4-6 are the Final Four of this game as well. It just Insanolord that keeps this from being an all champion round. Unfortunately, does that mean Insanolord is due to win this game since he is the only one to not win a game after going out first in a game like the others? Does this mean it is his turn to win a game and keep himself joined with these other 3 players in some weird worst and first Safe Words history?

We shall soon find out as ShyGuy has selected the next Bomb Word and Insanolord is the first to choose this round.

The choices are:

Timothy Dalton, Oddjob, Goldeneye 64, or George Lazenby.

Oh, and Insanolord,

Boom. Still got it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:38:14 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2015, 01:35:01 AM »
Going with Oddjob. Depending on which version of GoldenEye this is I'm either going to be virtually invincible or headshotted immediately. Come on, Pierce Brosnan!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2015, 03:49:45 AM »
All I wanted was a gif of Bond ducking Oddjob's hat to show he's safe. But can I get one? No. All the internet can give me is one with a football superimposed over the hat. Enjoy ducking the football of doom Insanolord.

And congratulations on reaching the next round and tying your highest position in a Safe Words game. That means one of our past winners will not be repeating. Which one will it be?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2015, 03:50:43 AM »
Nuclearspeed is next up. The choices left are:

Timothy Dalton, Goldeneye 64, or George Lazenby. Make your selection carefully.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2015, 04:34:22 AM »
damn it why do i go last!
Made you look ****.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »
Because you've become the hardest player to beat suddenly. And because Silenced had to go and choose the bomb word. It's all his fault.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2015, 11:37:46 PM »
I've ruined Safe Words twice now, so I'd say mission accomplished.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
I'll do what no Bond director had the guts to do and use George Lazenby a second time.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »
Well, Nuclearspeed, you are safe.

So, it comes down to this. Lucariofan99,aka Agent 117, has to choose between 2 words. If he gets it right, ShyGuy is gone and Lucariofan99 controls the bomb word. If Lucariofan99 gets it wrong, Nuclearspeed controls the bomb word.

What will you choose, Lucariofan99?

Timothy Dalton or Goldeneye 64?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2015, 04:07:50 AM »
50 50
um,**** **** ****
what would spped prdict i would pick? aha who would pick 64...
Timothy Dalton!
Made you look ****.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »
In a battle between the two most recent Safe Words winners, Lucariofan99 is......

SAFE!

I bet you'd like to thank Mr. Dalton right now. Well, go ahead!

That means 18 straight successful rounds for Lucariofan99 and he now controls the bomb word. Will he be able to get himself into the finals again or will Insanolord and Nuclearspeed be able to avoid his pick? We shall see once I receive Lucariofan99's choice. One thing's for sure, He's Dangerous!

As for ShyGuy, all that's left to choose is his bomb word choice of Goldeneye64 and thus he fell for his own chair bomb trap that he had planted for the other agents.

It makes no sense!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 7: I Expect You to Die. Mission Ten.
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2015, 07:54:23 PM »
The bomb damaged me, but I am still alive for the next game!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »
And the next bomb been chosen. Oh, it brings me such glee! I can't wait to see who goes down next!

Just like the last round, Insanolord chooses first again. His options are:

Timothy Dalton, Oddjob, or George Lazenby.

We're all interested to see what you choose...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2015, 11:11:58 PM »
Uhhhhhhhh...........Timothy Dalton?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »
Timothy Dalton?!?

Aw. Timothy Dalton is safe.

Looks like Insanolord just put himself into the final round for the first time and has a chance to win Safe Words. One more previous winner is about to get the boot. Will it be Nuclearspeed or Lucariofan99? It all depends on Nuclearspeed's choice.

Will you choose Oddjob or George Lazenby?

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »
I would feel better of choosing the leftovers from 3 if I got to do it like the Monty Hall problem. Oh well, guess I'll just throw my hat at it and go with Oddjob