Author Topic: Nintendo Commercials Thread  (Read 2187 times)

Offline popkorn1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Commercials Thread
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:41:30 PM »
I have to say, right off the bat, I've been impressed lately with Nintendo's media advertising.  I'm seeing stuff more and more every day.  Within the past 10 minutes, I've seen 3 commercials, 2 of which were in the same commercial break.  From Soul Caliber featuring Link, to the new FZERO commercials.. they're becoming much more frequent.  Best yet, they're actually decent commercials focused on gameplay and video rather than cheap looking costumes.  It makes me feel so good to see a great commercial followed by "Only for Nintendo GameCube."  Even in addition to the commercials, things like the McDonalds Happy Meals featuring the little Sega games bases on Monkey Ball... I finally think Nintendo's doing the right thing.  It's just nice to even hear Nintendo's name once in a while.  I'm sure it will do more to get the products off the shelves quicker.  I just hope they keep it up, and even push it further if they can.  What do you think about Nintendo's "new stance" on advertising?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 01:48:59 PM »
The new Nintendo commercials are definitely better than the old ones (SMS). I saw the game boy player and Rogue Squadron commercials, the ones with the EKG running in the beginning, which I thought were cool. I also like how they're airing commercials for games that haven't been released yet. The game boy ads are pretty good too, especially the Donkey Kong Country ad.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 08:28:50 PM »
I liked the glass cube adds and these new adds the best.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Cooolcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 09:15:18 PM »
I think what they need to do is add humor in the commercials. I really liked the Tekken 4 commercial. The one with the kid and he wakes up and goes to the fridge and gets out an egg and says "I hope you slept well, because now...you die!" That was the best.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 02:02:31 AM »
Why havent I seen a single add letting people know that Hitman 2 is now out for the cube?

This game is freaking awesome. I picked it up last night for 44.95 canadian and have really enjoyed it so far.

I realise that it has been out on the other systems for over a year now, but hell, they should still be letting people (teens) know that they have it as well.  
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 09:08:07 AM »
I've seen Roque Squadron and the free game commercials, both of which are good.  Actually, I've always liked their commercials, infrequent though they may have been.  The SMS one sounds bad, but that's it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo Commercials Thread
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 11:01:29 AM »
I have also seen the new Madden NFL 2004 commercial (GC only) and Wario World.  No Mario Golf though and it's coming out this month.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 08:24:17 PM »
They even mention  the GBA link up in the Madden commercial. At least they are starting to mention it, and not just leave it to be in the manuals.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.