Author Topic: Next Level Games Worked on a Metroid Game Concept  (Read 8133 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Next Level Games Worked on a Metroid Game Concept
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
Khush's argument is basically that anyone that doesn't like that art style for Metroid, in other words anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as him on the matter, has an invalid opinion.

Is it? I mean, of course, anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as me is invariably wrong. But besides that, did I ever express that I liked the art style?

I asked a question to you, Ian. When are you going to answer my question instead of going off on Adrock? :( 

I assumed the question to be rhetorical.

I figured since you immediately made fun of those that would dislike the art style ("he'll no longer be able to face the bullies at school") that you liked it.  Why would you stick it to me about disliking it if you also did? Or you just don't care what it looks like either way.

if they were making Mario all serious and "mature", there would be massive backlash.
This already happened with Mario Strikers Charged, and nobody seemed to care. To a lessor extent, this also happened with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which has a dull, drab, more serious art style and tone, and most people seemed okay with that also.

Coincidentally, I didn't like either of those games.

I was thinking more like Luigi Dude's avatar where the Mario Bros. are drawn to resemble real people.  The style of the two games you mentioned always just looked like typical Mario design to me.  SSB has a more serious look than NSMB but Mario still looks quite cartoony compared to Solid Snake or Samus.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »
Strikers was more of an "extreme" Mario than "adult" or "realistic" Mario.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
Strikers was more of an "extreme" Mario than "adult" or "realistic" Mario.
Ian Sane used the terms "serious" and "mature," which are kind of vague, but I still argue that Mario Strikers Charged is no less so than the likes of Zelda and Metroid, which are both still far away from something like Call of Duty.

Furthermore, Samus still has her same human proportions in this concept art, and doesn't have exaggerated ones like Mario, so I don't see how this look is more cartoony.