Author Topic: There Are 'No Plans' for a ZombiU Sequel  (Read 9130 times)

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: There Are 'No Plans' for a ZombiU Sequel
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »
Darn, we won't be getting yet another Zombi game. oh well.

If Nintendo can get the support of all the indy devs who don't w**** out of thier franchises on a year-to-year basis, I'll be fine by that. The less games in your library made by EA, Activision and Ubisoft, the better.

As for the Last of Us, sounds like a great game, but it's also being reviewed by people with low standards who clearly think that its OK that a headshot is not an instant kill. Seen multiple reviews point this out, then still give it the 10/10 score.

With that in mind, stop referencing review scores for Nintendo games. Non-Nintendo game sites give Nintendo games a -2 out of 10 to start, then work from there. So it's hard for any Nintendo game to get above an 8.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »
I didn't buy the game so I'm a contributor here. I don't like oppressive atmospheres in games.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
Regarding the last of us, I've seen a lot of footage and while our seems like a decent story to experience, it doesn't look like a fun video game, and from what I've heard from the handful of people I know that have beat it, it doesn't come across as very fun.

Does anyone remember when video games were still games?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
How about you form your own opinion about something instead of relying on other people? I, on the other hand, fucking love the gameplay and find it immensely fun. So much fun, in fact, that I've put many hours into the online multiplayer and have beaten the single player three separate times.

Does anyone remember when people tried games for themselves instead of relying on internet strangers?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 04:07:48 PM »
I want ZombiU, once I have the money for a Wii U it will be one of the first games I get (though New Super Mario Bros. U will be the first one I buy, then Pikmin 3 if it's out before I get my Wii U).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
How about you form your own opinion about something instead of relying on other people? I, on the other hand, fucking love the gameplay and find it immensely fun. So much fun, in fact, that I've put many hours into the online multiplayer and have beaten the single player three separate times.

Does anyone remember when people tried games for themselves instead of relying on internet strangers?

I can't say I'm terribly fond of The Last of Us' multiplayer.  In my experience, the fun you'll have is entirely dependent on the people the Matchmaker servers give you.  If your team is really clicking as a group, it's a lot of fun.  If they're not, it's one of the worst MP experiences I've ever had because there is NO room for individual achievement and support options are extremely limited (and in MP I'm generally a support player focused more on player buffing/reviving than shooting).

As for the Singleplayer, it's one of the best experiences I've had this generation, for the small problems I have with it.  It's stressful, but fun and less stressful/frustrating than ZombiU is.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »

So you buy every game you have the slightest interest in without informing yourself? You mind loaning me some of your disposable income so I can pick up a PS3 and a copy of the game so I no longer have to borrow a friends?

And just for the record, I do form my own opinion but considering I don't have the luxury time to game like I would like to I try to do as much research as possible as to not waste precious time. Because reviews are skewed for these tropes of games I go to people I know personally over reader reviews on forums because I know what they like I'm relation to my own taste. If someone with similar taste doesn't recommend a game then I won't give it priority. If I'm highly interested I'll still give it a shot but much much later on.

Take Assassins Creed as a recent example.Kept hearing everywhere how fun this series is and how I'm crazy for not having played a single entry yet. Even close friends recommended it. Bought it for Wii U in November and only recently started playing it. Can't stand these cut scenes every two seconds. Not my cup of tea, and while I understand that they help emphasize a game story, to me personally it breaks the game playing experience. I, as the gamer, feel as if I have no control over the game when it constantly stops me to watch a scene. Sure I can skip it and I'm grateful for the option, but then I'd miss something relevant to my next step or be confused about it, so it feels like I'm forced to watch it.

I just want to play games, man.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »

I can't say I'm terribly fond of The Last of Us' multiplayer.  In my experience, the fun you'll have is entirely dependent on the people the Matchmaker servers give you.  If your team is really clicking as a group, it's a lot of fun.  If they're not, it's one of the worst MP experiences I've ever had because there is NO room for individual achievement and support options are extremely limited (and in MP I'm generally a support player focused more on player buffing/reviving than shooting).

As for the Singleplayer, it's one of the best experiences I've had this generation, for the small problems I have with it.  It's stressful, but fun and less stressful/frustrating than ZombiU is.

Sorry to hear that. I mesh really well with a group of online friends I've been with since the early days of Uncharted 2, so I guess you could say that The Last of Us' mutiplayer is perfect for us.

EasyCure, then play games. The brilliance of The Last of Us is that if you aren't interested in the story, you can easily skip every cutscene (which are evenly spaced, unlike the awful Assassin's Creed III) and play the brilliant game. Just rent it, man.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Personally I think not releasing a sequel to Zombie U is a missed opportunity for Ubisoft...

that opportunity being to make the sequels title even sillier than the first. Ubisoft would need simply to take a page from games like F.3.A.R and Dri3r by replacing the Z with a 2.

Just imagine it! 2ombie U!
Gouge away.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
Personally I think not releasing a sequel to Zombie U is a missed opportunity for Ubisoft...

that opportunity being to make the sequel's title even sillier than the first. Ubisoft would need simply to take a page from games like F.3.A.R and Dri3r by replacing the Z with a 2.

Just imagine it! 2ombie U!
Gouge away.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 05:58:29 PM »
This not being able to modify posts thing is beginning to aggravate me.
Gouge away.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
we need a petition....