Author Topic: Star Fox's 20th Anniversary!!!  (Read 9247 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Star Fox's 20th Anniversary!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
I think the main thing which has kept me from trying a Star Fox game is the AI partners. I absolutely loathe AI partners, they're always idiots who do more hindrance than good. I could just see myself the whole time, I'd probably be wondering why they can't be controlled by another player. I may not try a Star Fox game until they make a co-op one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
They don't do more hindrance than good. At worst, they're just not there, and most of the time they're actually helpful.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Seriously Mop just play it if that's your reason. Since the majority of the game is on rails and all of their movements and actions are scripted they always do what they need to do and nothing else. Plus they really seem like they are there with you in the game and they do their part in the missions as long as you take care of the guy right behind them!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »
In Star Fox the AI partners are not really there to aid or hinder you.  They are just there...and sometimes in the story you have to defend them.  Think of them as little events in the over all story.  The only time they become an issue is in the free move levels where you have to be more active protecting them.