Author Topic: The Wii U Games List  (Read 15686 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-E3: The Wii U Games List
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
I think the last one has the proper spaces for Grand Theft Auto 5(five). Nope no it doesn't.

I like Nintendo teasing... Super Smash Brothers? Nope... Super Smash Bros something? Maybe!

One of them is 19 spaces, SuperSmashBros.WiiU is 19 spaces. But who knows if spaces between words count.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:51:48 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
But the post says initial game releases, so I doubt Smash Bros. is part of it.  :(
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »
I don't remember Suda51 confirming that No More Heroes 3 is in development but he said that a sequel wouldn't be on the Wii. Judging by interviews he's given, NMH3 will probably happen eventually and on Wii U. He's currently finishing Lollipop Chainsaw and his next project is Killer is Dead on PS3/360. I wouldn't expect NMH3 anytime soon. Maybe 2014 if we're lucky.

Dennis Dyack has been teasing a sequel to Eternal Darkness for years. Most recently, he said that Silicon Knights is working on one of their most requested titles. Since Square Enix owns Legacy of Kain and Silicon Knights still has ties to Nintendo, Eternal Darkness is the only one that fits the bill. It's probably their most popular game.

I got the bit about NMH3 from the other Pre-E3 thread. He didn't flat out confirm it in the interview (depending on how you look at it) but he implied it was coming to Wii U.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
In my experience with their games THQ = Totally Horrible Quality. That's pretty much why they are in the shape they're in right now. That said, this game does sound cool from the description, but since THQ is making it I would have to assume it would up being another Homefront or something like that.... Homefront sounded great on paper, but the actual product didn't really stand up well. That's probably how this Metro thing will turn out. Maybe not a huge loss that Wii U won't be getting it, but its still a bit disappointing.
Just to let you know, Metro Last Light is the sequel to Metro 2033, which was a highly acclaimed pc game which became the new Crysis for system requirements.  Metro Last Light has a much better chance of being an amazing game than Homefront ever did.

Okay, that's fair enough. I just want to say that Homefront isn't the only terrible game by THQ, though. Another example would be WWE '12 which is broken and buggy and was rushed out to market in order to meet the holiday deadline even though it wasn't ready. That was bad enough, but if they eventually got around to fixing it then it would have been at least somewhat forgivable, but that's not the case... and now they're working on WWE '13 so fixing the problems with '12 isn't even on their agenda anymore. Its too bad they own the license because the WWE is extremely popular and the games will sell based on the name alone, even if they are crap... but because THQ has the license they have a monopoly on that, so if you want a quality WWE game you're screwed because there is no alternative.
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
In my experience with their games THQ = Totally Horrible Quality. That's pretty much why they are in the shape they're in right now. That said, this game does sound cool from the description, but since THQ is making it I would have to assume it would up being another Homefront or something like that.... Homefront sounded great on paper, but the actual product didn't really stand up well. That's probably how this Metro thing will turn out. Maybe not a huge loss that Wii U won't be getting it, but its still a bit disappointing.
Just to let you know, Metro Last Light is the sequel to Metro 2033, which was a highly acclaimed pc game which became the new Crysis for system requirements.  Metro Last Light has a much better chance of being an amazing game than Homefront ever did.

Okay, that's fair enough. I just want to say that Homefront isn't the only terrible game by THQ, though. Another example would be WWE '12 which is broken and buggy and was rushed out to market in order to meet the holiday deadline even though it wasn't ready. That was bad enough, but if they eventually got around to fixing it then it would have been at least somewhat forgivable, but that's not the case... and now they're working on WWE '13 so fixing the problems with '12 isn't even on their agenda anymore. Its too bad they own the license because the WWE is extremely popular and the games will sell based on the name alone, even if they are crap... but because THQ has the license they have a monopoly on that, so if you want a quality WWE game you're screwed because there is no alternative.
Oh I'm not defending THQ, far from it.  I hate 99% of their games usually.  I was only defending the Metro series, which while only 1 game deep, has a history of being really good.  So I would expect the sequel to at least get that benefit of the doubt.  Hopefully, THQ does not try to rush them to get it out onto shelves early.  That would be the only way I think it would be a bad game.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
Looks like that unannounced 2K sports game is NBA 2K13.
NBA 2K13 will launch on the Wii U "within the launch window," sometime in the holiday season, 2K Sports announced today.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
The list right now has, what? 32 Games on it that aren't marked as rumors? That's nice for now, but I definitely hope we have a much longer list after E3.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
The list right now has, what? 32 Games on it that aren't marked as rumors? That's nice for now, but I definitely hope we have a much longer list after E3.
6 days until the press conference!  The Hypulance is coming!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

Not all of those games BNM has mentioned as confirmed are confirmed though. For example, Nintendo has not said anything about a Mario Kart game even being in development yet, so it can't even be considered a rumored E3 game (yet alone "confirmed"). Yes it's certain Nintendo will make one eventually, but there are no reports they are working on it right now.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »
I'm sure they've been working on it for quite some time, but at this point its probably way too early for them to show off anything of note about it.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 05:53:13 AM »

Not all of those games BNM has mentioned as confirmed are confirmed though. For example, Nintendo has not said anything about a Mario Kart game even being in development yet, so it can't even be considered a rumored E3 game (yet alone "confirmed"). Yes it's certain Nintendo will make one eventually, but there are no reports they are working on it right now.

every game on that list is likely backed by a news story on the News Consolidation list. I know Mario Kart U is. I made this list while making that one, so maybe you should check that list out too.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
I think Mario Kart Wii U and whatever Retro is cooking up would be great counter-plays against the launch of competing systems next fall.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
According to Game Informer, Timesplitters 4 ain't happening any time soon.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/30/timesplitters-4-not-in-development.aspx

The developers' note is pretty facetious, but I think it would be unlikely that they'd be lying about not making it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 09:56:16 AM »

every game on that list is likely backed by a news story on the News Consolidation list. I know Mario Kart U is. I made this list while making that one, so maybe you should check that list out too.

Mario Kart U has never been confirmed, so you shouldn't have listed it as confirmed when Nintendo has never even mentioned they are making it yet.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »
Yes they did. Go read the other thread.

I took the time to put it all together, why dont you take a few minutes to actually go look at it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:49:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »
You mean when a producer at Nintendo says they "want" to create it? How do you turn that into confirmation that it is in development right now? Yet alone that it would be at E3? Miyamoto says he wants A Link to the Past 2, are you gonna list that as a "confirmed" 3DS game?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
I guess you need things spelled out for you, but he implied that pre-production had started. but it takes a special kind of nintendo fan to argue over whether or not Nintendo is working on a mario kart for Wii u, so I'm not even gonna bother going into it with you any further.

P.s. Do you see any mention of a zelda link to the past 2 on that games list.....? I thought not. So unless you have something else to contribute.....

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
My point was that there is no confirmation they are working on Mario Kart U. But you thought they apparently confirmed it would be at E3. Miyamoto gave just as much of a "confirmation" on ALTTP 2, yet you didn't list that. Those 2 games are just a real. My point is that you have a very loose definition of what is "confirmed".

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »
He said he was working on Mario Kart, but your point is moot as I never said it would be at E3.

I compiled a list of games that we may hear about at E3, not games confirmed to be at E3.
All the games on the list were backed up by stories in the other thread, so please go read it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »
Hey, what were the games that Nintendo censored in a tweet a week or so ago?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »

I came here to ask the same question, what were the "Facebook 3"?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
He said he was working on Mario Kart, but your point is moot as I never said it would be at E3.

I compiled a list of games that we may hear about at E3, not games confirmed to be at E3.
All the games on the list were backed up by stories in the other thread, so please go read it.

No, he said he wanted to work on it. So it's just a rumored game. I did check your "source".

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »
He didn't say he wanted to work on it. He implied that he was already working on it (in some capacity) by saying "I can't get into the specifics, but I do want to create a new and enjoyable Mario Kart that uses the unique functions of the Wii U. Anything beyond that I have to keep secret. Please bear with me for now!"

So he is obviously atleast in pre-production if not in full blown development when that quote was made back in November of last year. That much is clear and is exactly what I said in the other thread. Nintendo is working on it, nobody seems to doubt that except for you, so just let it go.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »

I think we still don't know. Weren't the facebook 3 supposed to be launch games? I don't think Nintendo's even confirmed actual honest-to-god launch games, just launch-window and "holiday" releases.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
Is Nintendo ever not working on Mario Kart in some capacity?

I think we still don't know. Weren't the facebook 3 supposed to be launch games? I don't think Nintendo's even confirmed actual honest-to-god launch games, just launch-window and "holiday" releases.

Weren't there only three first-party games in the press conference? Pikmin, Mario, Nintendo Land. That would seem like the simplest answer.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent