Author Topic: E3 2012 Predictions  (Read 114649 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: E3 2012 Predictions
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2012, 01:59:31 AM »
Overly ambitious launch titles.  I am going to go crazy and I am going to say Nintendo will have 3-4 launch titles available.  Which will be a lot for Nintendo.

F-Zero (Retro Studios Project)  Once we see it we will forget the Sega F-Zero existed...it will be awesome. 

New Super Mario Bros U  will be a bridge game.  Catering to both casual and traditional gamers.  It will focus on having Retro Mario appeal like Super Mario 3DS did...however, it will focus more on merging traditional Mario game play with some elements of Mario 2.

Pikmin 2 this will be the launch game to get...and will be the game pushed for traditional gamers.  It will have online play...and have a kind of 4 player verse mode with Pikmin.  It won't be about fighting but collecting objects faster...although there will be Pikmin combat.

Last is some WiiU play game.  This will come packed with a Wiimote+ and nunchuk+ which will debut with the Wii U, and will focus on 2-4 player party games.  The players with this game will immediately be able to play 3 player games, but will be drawn to buy a 3rd controller to play 4 player matches. 

Finally, a WiiU bundled game will be in the package which will be fleshed out demos that are going to be shown at this E3 along with the launch games. 

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:43 AM »
Ubisoft has made their presentation time known.

Ubisoft's E3 media briefing is June 4 at 3PM PST.
https://twitter.com/#!/jimreilly

It will only be worth to follow it if Nintendo either had their conference before, or Nintendo allows Ubisoft to show off their Wii U stuff. I bet on Ubisoft conference sucking because they couldn't show anything related to Wii U.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
I refuse to believe that an F-Zero game will be announced, especially with Miyamoto talkign about how they haven't even thought about it yet.

Star Fox is the best bet for Retro's new game.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
Pikmin 3, not 2, is coming to Wii U.  Pikmin 2 came out for the GC years ago and was ported to the Wii.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
My biggest E3 2012 prediction: Star Fox developed for the Wii U by Retro Studios.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
I meant three...typo  I was at work.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2012, 11:53:04 PM »
My biggest E3 2012 prediction: Star Fox developed for the Wii U by Retro Studios.

Wii U? Don't you mean "Super Wii"? :P:
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
That is another typo for this topic. Perhaps it is contagious?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
I refuse to believe that an F-Zero game will be announced, especially with Miyamoto talkign about how they haven't even thought about it yet.

Star Fox is the best bet for Retro's new game.

Nintendo has surprised us plenty of times before with unannounced games.

- Kirby's Return to Dreamland (previously known to have been cancelled for the GameCube)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (came out of nowhere)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (no one expected Retro to revive Rare's greatest series)
- Metroid Prime (a 3D Metroid game in first-person was a huge shock back then)
- Metroid Other M (Nintendo teaming up with Team Ninja was a big surprise)
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2012, 05:35:24 PM »
Retro's next game (for Wii U) will either be:
  • StarFox (a direct sequel to StarFox 64, with exploration segments similar to StareFox Adventures)
  • Metroid Prime HD (a re-imagining of the original Metroid Prime, with some entirely new areas and bosses)
  • F-Zero WX (a direct sequel to F-Zero GX, with a mix of brand new & re-imagined tracks, online multiplayer, and updated music)
I have a feeling that Wii U games will feature some sort of Achievement system. 3rd-party developers love that stuff, so it's only logical that they request Nintendo to use them. If Nintendo does use Achievements, it should be on a system level, not a game by game basis.

And if Nintendo decides to use Friend Codes, they should have a one code per system, just like the 3DS. Also, the ability to add friend requests and game invites.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
Except that Miyamoto has talked about them not even thinking about it yet.

I dunno, that's just what really throws me off.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

You really expect Miyamoto to just come out and say "yup, we have a new F-Zero coming out" ( はい、我々は出てくる F-ZERO 新を持っている ) just a couple months before E3? Nintendo is known to be highly secretive, and they always wait for E3 to announce their biggest games. Miyamoto could just be playing coy with us.

That's why we don't know about any games releasing for the rest of the year. Nintendo hasn't announced anything yet, and they won't until E3. Gotta save some surprises for the show, right?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:16:46 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »

You really expect Miyamoto to just come out and say "yup, we have a new F-Zero coming out" ( はい、我々は出てくる F-ZERO 新を持っている ) just a couple months before E3? Nintendo is known to be highly secretive, and they always wait for E3 to announce their biggest games. Miyamoto could just be playing coy with us.

That's why we don't know about any games releasing for the rest of the year. Nintendo hasn't announced anything yet, and they won't until E3. Gotta save some surprises for the show, right?
Ehhhhhhh... yeah, you got me there.

I just want some awesome E3 reveals. Nintendo really knows how to get my blood boiling- they certainly have over the past three years, anyway.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
Quote from: My Nintendo News

Miyamoto was also asked by the publication why Nintendo hasn’t created a new game in the F-Zero franchise. Miyamoto claims that it wouldn’t be surprising enough on current hardware, but the Wii U could be the perfect fit.

“I think at the time it was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense,” he said. “I don’t see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise.

“But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title.”

Source.

He's basically saying they're not working on it instead of giving the usual non-answer that allows one to speculate.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2012, 08:12:45 PM »
Quote from: My Nintendo News

Miyamoto was also asked by the publication why Nintendo hasn’t created a new game in the F-Zero franchise. Miyamoto claims that it wouldn’t be surprising enough on current hardware, but the Wii U could be the perfect fit.

“I think at the time it was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense,” he said. “I don’t see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise.

“But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title.”

Source.

He's basically saying they're not working on it instead of giving the usual non-answer that allows one to speculate.

Is Miyamoto that oblivious to the world of gaming outside of Nintendo? He doesn't see how F-Zero could work on current hardware? I'm guessing he hasn't heard of the WipeOut series. There was an F-Zero game on the GameCube, which is a bit less powerful than the current Wii. If F-Zero could work on the GameCube (and even N64) then it can work on the current Wii.

As for his Wii U comment, it doesn't really make sense. The Wii U is Nintendo's first HD console, so he's basically saying a new F-Zero will only work if it's in HD? I guess the F-Zero games on N64, GameCube, and GBA don't count then.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:15:17 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
Cool your jets, buster brown. What he's saying is that he couldn't do anything surprising with the current hardware. An F-Zero game for Wii wouldn't surprise anyone with what it could do other than the fact that it existed. However, with the Wii U, he's saying he might be able to find some way to surprise fans of the series. It could be graphics, game play, whatever but Miyamoto wants to surprise us and doesn't think he can (at least not with F-Zero) right now.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
Cool your jets, buster brown. What he's saying is that he couldn't do anything surprising with the current hardware. An F-Zero game for Wii wouldn't surprise anyone with what it could do other than the fact that it existed. However, with the Wii U, he's saying he might be able to find some way to surprise fans of the series. It could be graphics, game play, whatever but Miyamoto wants to surprise us and doesn't think he can (at least not with F-Zero) right now.

If he wants to surprise people with the F-Zero franchise, then the GBA games shouldn't have been made. They were nothing more than glorified SNES games on a handheld.

And I can think of plenty of ways to make F-Zero on the current Wii work. Online racing, motion-controlled steering, downloadable tracks and cars, online leaderboards, downloadable time trial ghosts, etc.

Hell, they put Mario Kart on every system imaginable, so why can't they give F-Zero some more love? They put the N64 F-Zero game on the VC, and Captain Falcon in Smash Bros. Brawl, for crying out loud. What a cocktease that was.

The only thing F-Zero needs is good graphics, a sense of speed, and good music. Online racing and leaderboards would be a nice bonus as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:33:30 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
Well, that's what the GBA was capable of. Besides, it may not have been Miyamoto's call to make those games, and his priorities are probably different from what they were. If he's gonna dust off F-Zero, he's gonna do something surprising with it. Until he or some one else figures out what that is, we shall just wait.

Saw you edited your post. Adding "check list features" isn't his style. It's not about making it work, it's about adding that element of surprise. And motion controls might not be responsive enough for F-Zero.

About Mario Kart, it sells. That's all there is to it. It's fun, people like it and it sells. They aren't gonna shake that formula up too much because they don't have to. F-Zero doesn't have the luxury of producing Mario Kart numbers.

Also, Captain Falcon is a key character in the Smash Bros series. He was in the first one! Lucas was in Brawl, and Mother 3 is NEVER coming to the US. How's that for a cock tease?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:41:36 PM by nickmitch »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »

If he wants to surprise people with the F-Zero franchise, then the GBA games shouldn't have been made. They were nothing more than glorified SNES games on a handheld.

And I can think of plenty of ways to make F-Zero on the current Wii work. Online racing, motion-controlled steering, downloadable tracks and cars, online leaderboards, downloadable time trial ghosts, etc.

Hell, they put Mario Kart on every system imaginable, so why can't they give F-Zero some more love? They put the N64 F-Zero game on the VC, and Captain Falcon in Smash Bros. Brawl, for crying out loud. What a cocktease that was.

The only thing F-Zero needs is good graphics, a sense of speed, and good music. Online racing and leaderboards would be a nice bonus as well.

F-Zero on the GBA was "surprising" or necessary in a sense because it was the first hand held F-Zero.

Mario Kart is the once a generation per system cash cow. F-Zero stands no where close to the importance of Mario Kart.

What Miyamoto is saying about F-Zero applies directly to Star Fox and Mario Tennis as well. On the N64 Nintendo did all they could with SF64, after that no wonder they pawned it off to everyone else. Now maybe with better hardware the possibilities are greater. Motion certainly wasn't going to do anything for f-zero, barely did anything for mario tennis either. Thats why we got new play control instead of a brand new game.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »
Well, that's what the GBA was capable of. Besides, it may not have been Miyamoto's call to make those games, and his priorities are probably different from what they were. If he's gonna dust off F-Zero, he's gonna do something surprising with it. Until he or some one else figures out what that is, we shall just wait.

Online racing, online leaderboards, downloadable cars and tracks, downloadable time trial ghost data, etc. All of that could be done on the current Wii. The only things the Wii U can improve upon are a more stable online network and HD graphics.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »

F-Zero on the GBA was "surprising" or necessary in a sense because it was the first hand held F-Zero.

Mario Kart is the once a generation per system cash cow. F-Zero stands no where close to the importance of Mario Kart.

What Miyamoto is saying about F-Zero applies directly to Star Fox and Mario Tennis as well. On the N64 Nintendo did all they could with SF64, after that no wonder they pawned it off to everyone else. Now maybe with better hardware the possibilities are greater. Motion certainly wasn't going to do anything for f-zero, barely did anything for mario tennis either. Thats why we got new play control instead of a brand new game.

Motion controls fit well with tennis, see Wii Sports and WS Resort for examples. The "New Play Control" games were just a quick way for Nintendo to make some extra money by porting GameCube games to the Wii with motion controls tacked on. And if motion controls weren't a good fit for Mario Tennis, they never would have ported the game to the Wii in the first place.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
Motion controls fit well with Tennis. Mario Tennis is a different beast. They couldn't do it great, so a cheap port was the way to go. And yeah, DLC and online play could be done on the Wii, but that's not what's gonna motivate Miyamoto to make a new F-Zero game not matter how much you think it will.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
It wasn't even motion plus controls, if they really had a great ambitions for Mario tennis we would have seen it. With better hardware now ideas that were once impossible are now conceivable. That's just how Nintendo makes their games. Unless of course it is a major cash cow that must be released every generation.

W-Zero would have been literally GX with online, and probably worse graphics.

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
It wasn't even motion plus controls, if they really had a great ambitions for Mario tennis we would have seen it. With better hardware now ideas that were once impossible are now conceivable. That's just how Nintendo makes their games. Unless of course it is a major cash cow that must be released every generation.

W-Zero would have been literally GX with online, and probably worse graphics.

Explain how F-Zero on the Wii would have had worse graphics than GX. I hate how people somehow think the Wii is less poweful than a GameCube. Could the GameCube produce graphics on par with Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile

RomanceDawn