Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 457945 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #725 on: February 02, 2014, 04:45:40 PM »
Just change the starters. I think Charizard should become it's own character and then give the Pokemon Trainer the most recent set of starters.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #726 on: February 03, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
After playing Project M 3.0, I really don't want a Pokémon Trainer character that uses three interchangeable Pokémon. I prefer having Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard be standalone characters on the roster. Squirtle with Bubble as an attack is fantastic at "pushing" opponents away to set up combo attacks.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
I want "Scott Pilgrim" to be included, that makes sense right?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #728 on: February 18, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
Hmm... for serious choices, I'd like to see:

Palutena
Shulk
Wonder Red (though that might be asking a lot since a new Smash game usually covers the last generation of Nintendo consoles, but I could be wrong due to not thinking too hard about that)
Dixie Kong or King K. Rool
Ray MK III
Krystal
Chrom
Ghirahim

Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #729 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Ray MK III?

Nah. Ray 01, or go home. ;D
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 19, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »
I want some more series represented. Let's see someone from the Wars series for example. Not sure who though, as I don't know who's the most iconic/popular there.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #731 on: February 19, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
I'm still holding out for Professor Layton.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 20, 2014, 12:56:02 AM »
I want a Custom Robo Wii U. Or 3DS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 20, 2014, 10:41:34 AM »
I want some more series represented.
I'm very much in favor of greater series diversity. So far so good since Rosalina is the only new character announced from an already (well) represented series. At the same time, Brawl has no new Mario characters (unless you count Wario which I don't). There aren't too many holdouts from older IPs.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:27 PM »
There are plenty of IPs they could take a character from that they haven't yet used, the problem is if they want characters and/or IPs that are/were actually popular (and they probably do). And also how creative they're willing to get with a moveset to make it happen. For example, it'd be cool to see a character from a Rhythm Heaven game but building a moveset for a character who doesn't do much is no easy task.

But they did it with Captain Falcon and others, so they can do it again!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 20, 2014, 07:35:09 PM »
Yeah, there are plenty of new to newish unused IPs that I think would be interesting like Harmoknight, Sakura Samurai, and Dillon's Rolling Western. Many of the notable older ones have already made it. Then there are the Japan-only ones that don't seem terribly likely. I'd still welcome any additions even if it's something like Donbe and Hikari from Shin Oni Ga Shima. I'd definitely like to see Mach Rider, Star Tropics and I'm curious if Sakurai can manage to make Urban Champion not a complete joke.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 20, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
Captain Rainbow and Birdo come to mind as potential characters.

My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 21, 2014, 08:25:23 AM »
Diddy was announced to return today. I never really used him, but I want as many original characters to return. I wasn't expecting Sakurai to announce Dixie as a newcomer so soon after Little Mac was just unveiled, but I was surprised last week by the timing of showing Little Mac instead of Dixie because I still expect Dixie to be in the game. With Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze set to release, it seemed perfect to unveil a new DK character. I don't think this means she's not playable. Cranky is far less likely though certainly welcome.

It would be nice if Sakurai checked in on Nintendo's various teams to see the latest games in development so he could incorporate them into the latest Super Smash Bros. Besides Roy, Super Smash Bros. is typically a release or two behind. Sakurai was spotted visiting Platinum Games almost two years ago so that could be something. I've been thinking about how to incorporate The Wonderful 101. It could be as easy as just making Wonder Red playable with his Unite Morph as his Final Smash, but I think it would be better and more suitable of the Super Smash Bros. series if the seven main Wonderful Ones were one character. Having them all on-screen at the same time is probably not going to work, but cycling between seven movesets means not getting to certain characters in short matches. It probably wouldn't work if switching was automatic, but would it work if switching characters was done at random? As in, the player prompts when to switch but unlike Pokemon Trainer, there's no set order so switching from one Wonderful One would yield any of the other six. That would certainly lend itself to the hectic nature of the series though it may be too complex for a series that has added depth without becoming complicated.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
I want some more series represented. Let's see someone from the Wars series for example. Not sure who though, as I don't know who's the most iconic/popular there.

That gets a major round of applause from me.

Advance Wars is one of my favorite series, second only to Smash Bros, and would love to see better representation for it. My vote for a character from it is Sami, as she was a starter and would help fill up the female fighter ratio a bit more:

Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »
Sami would be a good choice. I get the feeling Andy is most likely, though. He was kind of the "main" character of the GBA games, and those were also the first ones released in North America so he's probably the most recognisable character for the series.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
You know, if they don't bring back Snake, they could swap in one of the Wars characters and make it a bit more cartoon style.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #741 on: March 06, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
ZOROARK!!!!
Or magnus!
Made you look ****.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #742 on: March 10, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »

That gets a major round of applause from me.

Advance Wars is one of my favorite series, second only to Smash Bros, and would love to see better representation for it. My vote for a character from it is Sami, as she was a starter and would help fill up the female fighter ratio a bit more:

I second this.  I think that although snake is a fun and interesting character, he totally didn't need to be in the game. 

Releasing a move set similar to his, but using an Advanced War character would incorporate another series into the game.  Also the above character is a female character which would add to the female characters, and would help establish the series, for having more strong female characters.

Finally it can increase the popularity of the series, and help promote a Wii U version of the game...which would be an awesome game. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
I wish we would get a Batallion Wars Wii U title. I enjoyed BWii and the gamepad would be useful for issuing commands and directing your troops.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 14, 2014, 08:17:07 AM »
In other Super Smash Bros. news, Hideo Kojima revealed that he isn't involved with the new games so Snake is "unlikely." Nothing official, but it's something to consider. Kojima doesn't need to be involved for Snake to show up. I liked using Snake so if he doesn't come back, I'd welcome recycling his moveset.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 14, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
In other Super Smash Bros. news, Hideo Kojima revealed that he isn't involved with the new games so Snake is "unlikely." Nothing official, but it's something to consider. Kojima doesn't need to be involved for Snake to show up. I liked using Snake so if he doesn't come back, I'd welcome recycling his moveset.

Well even if Snake is still in the game, it's not like Kojima can just say "Oh yeah, Sakurai is going to reveal him next week."  Of course with Ground Zero coming out next week, that could actually happen.

"To celebrate the release of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero, for every system that isn't related to Nintendo, here's returning veteran Snake."

It also turns out on the same day as that games release in Japan, Mario Party 3DS is being released over there as well.  So technically Wario could have a chance of being shown as well since he's in that game.  So take your bets folks, March 20th could be a big day.  Either Wario or Snake could be shown that day, or nothing at all since Sakurai still loves to troll every once and awhile.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 14, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
I'm hoping Iwata gets hip and bars Sakurai from giving characters the honor of being in Smash from companies not putting there new incarnations on Nintendo with being a Hallmark character.  Which Snake is not by any stretch of the imagination.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 14, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
Well even if Snake is still in the game, it's not like Kojima can just say "Oh yeah, Sakurai is going to reveal him next week."  Of course with Ground Zero coming out next week, that could actually happen.
He didn't have to say anything.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #748 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
I thought he was asked about it?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 17, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
Do you answer every question you're asked? Additionally, he's a higher up at a major corporation. Part of his job is side-stepping questions.