Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 416315 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - (Pics inside)
« Reply #1175 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:12 AM »
I would have sniped the Sniper on the wall, climbed the left wall, deployed my Owl to stun or distract the group of enemies below, and dive-bombed them behind.  Maybe I'd just use the OWL's zip line function to drop on top of one of them for a quick kill.  I generally played heavy stealth in Mercenaries earlier this year, so I favor alternative routes and misdirection when they're available.
I am trying to understand how that makes it a better game and i fail at it.

Just yet another checkbox "provide some alternative routes" checked.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
Knack looks really from the livestreams I've watched today.

Knack looks really WHAT!!??? c'mon tell us!! the suspense is killing me.

I was thinking of a way to describe. It looks dreamworks or a blue sky production if you know what I mean.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 14, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »
I would have sniped the Sniper on the wall, climbed the left wall, deployed my Owl to stun or distract the group of enemies below, and dive-bombed them behind.  Maybe I'd just use the OWL's zip line function to drop on top of one of them for a quick kill.  I generally played heavy stealth in Mercenaries earlier this year, so I favor alternative routes and misdirection when they're available.
I am trying to understand how that makes it a better game and i fail at it.

Just yet another checkbox "provide some alternative routes" checked.

Yes, if you fail to understand how having alternative routes and a variety of tools to solve a scenario make a game better, then I can't help you there.  Once again, I think if someone posted a video just mindlessly running in and hacking away at enemies in Wonderful 101, I think you'd take issue with someone calling the game "boring", too.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 14, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
Is anybody picking up any of the f2p games on PS4?  I know that War Thunder has crossplay multiplayer with the PC version, and I'm wondering if the other games are going to be the same.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 14, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
Once again, I think if someone posted a video just mindlessly running in and hacking away at enemies in Wonderful 101
that would be frustrating, but not boring.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 14, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
The Last of US DLC is early next year and its called Left Behind and is a Ellie based prequel.

Uncharted 4 announced for PS4.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 15, 2013, 02:13:08 AM »
Suffice it to say that I'm going to have quite the "launch night" story on the next NFR. The saga involved in replacing my PS4's HDD was quite...aggravating.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 15, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
PS4 launch officially a bust. We sold less pre-order systems than Wii U, sold less total systems than Wii U, did not have to turn anyone away like when Wii U launched and sold less games (in fact, the only games we sold was an up-res'd port of a current-gen game).

;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »
Well, the PSN launch on PS4 is officially a bust. The thing crashes more often right now than a PS3 trying to play Skyrim.

And I REALLY don't like how the PS4 hides your download history and makes it REALLY hard to find individual things you've purchased.

On the flipside, I REALLY like that the PS4 can download multiple files at once. ABOUT ****ING TIME, SONY!

One other thing, too: this UI is lightning fast. When I go to launch a game, I'm in the main menu within 1-2 seconds. It makes the Wii U's 12-15 seconds before loading into game look like even more of a joke.  My big complaint about the UI is that there is no real way to organize anything. Seriously, what is with console manufacturers launching systems without folder support? The PS4 uses this increasingly long horizontal bar to show EVERY game you play or download all at once, and it gets longer with each game that's added. That's going to get incredibly unwieldy extremely quickly.

Update: OK, I like Sony, but the way they have the file management system setup on the PS4 is borderline shady. You don't have a download history anymore, and the PS4 does not report your downloads to the download history your PS3 or Vita can see.  Instead, you have your "library", where everything you have downloaded or installed for a game is listed, but the UI is very vague about whether you have that currently installed or previously downloaded.  The UI seems intentionally designed to hide information about what exactly you have on your HDD, actually. I know I downloaded updates, etc. for certain games, but it doesn't split that info up in the System menu.

Oh, and the PSN store still sucks ass, even if it does load extremely quickly now (and crash just as quickly). It's still a cluster**** to navigate.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:49:35 AM by broodwars »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 15, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »
So your saying get a Wii U and save the PS4/Vita till next year?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
So your saying get a Wii U and save the PS4/Vita till next year?

Why would I recommend anyone buy a Wii U?  ;)   However, to your second question it's clear Sony brought the PS4 into this launch extremely hot. There are a LOT of UI adjustments to make, and yeah...for a lot of people, Infamous; The Order; and Uncharted 4 will be the games to own a PS4 for. I would probably recommend waiting unless you just like the "launch" experience.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 15, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
Still might grab one around Infamous time.

That Polygon Killzone review hurts my head. The main complaint from Mr.Gies is that everyone in the world is pretty shitty and the game isn't telling him to root for team america killing all the bad guys.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 15, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »
That Polygon Killzone review hurts my head. The main complaint from Mr.Gies is that everyone in the world is pretty shitty and the game isn't telling him to root for team america killing all the bad guys.

The GameTrailers one hurt mine, where the big complaint was that Guerilla needed to stop putting political subplots and story into their Killzone games and focus on more and bigger guns, because that's what FPS games are supposed to be about!  ::)

Sorry, but if I wanted that experience, I'd go lull myself to sleep by playing a Halo game.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 15, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »
Well, the PSN launch on PS4 is officially a bust. The thing crashes more often right now than a PS3 trying to play Skyrim.

And I REALLY don't like how the PS4 hides your download history and makes it REALLY hard to find individual things you've purchased.

On the flipside, I REALLY like that the PS4 can download multiple files at once. ABOUT ****ING TIME, SONY!

One other thing, too: this UI is lightning fast. When I go to launch a game, I'm in the main menu within 1-2 seconds. It makes the Wii U's 12-15 seconds before loading into game look like even more of a joke.  My big complaint about the UI is that there is no real way to organize anything. Seriously, what is with console manufacturers launching systems without folder support? The PS4 uses this increasingly long horizontal bar to show EVERY game you play or download all at once, and it gets longer with each game that's added. That's going to get incredibly unwieldy extremely quickly.

Update: OK, I like Sony, but the way they have the file management system setup on the PS4 is borderline shady. You don't have a download history anymore, and the PS4 does not report your downloads to the download history your PS3 or Vita can see.  Instead, you have your "library", where everything you have downloaded or installed for a game is listed, but the UI is very vague about whether you have that currently installed or previously downloaded.  The UI seems intentionally designed to hide information about what exactly you have on your HDD, actually. I know I downloaded updates, etc. for certain games, but it doesn't split that info up in the System menu.

Oh, and the PSN store still sucks ass, even if it does load extremely quickly now (and crash just as quickly). It's still a cluster**** to navigate.

Is the Xbox 360 better at managing download history?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »

I was thinking of a way to describe. It looks dreamworks or a blue sky production if you know what I mean.

It looks like a PS3 game. Next-gen graphics my ass.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

The GameTrailers one hurt mine, where the big complaint was that Guerilla needed to stop putting political subplots and story into their Killzone games and focus on more and bigger guns, because that's what FPS games are supposed to be about!  ::)

Sorry, but if I wanted that experience, I'd go lull myself to sleep by playing a Halo game.

See you make a good point, followed by massivly terrible one.

The Halo stories are nothing but political subplots. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

It looks like a PS3 game. Next-gen graphics my ass.

It really doesn't the character models look like PS3 ones, but Knack and the backgrounds are really impressive. But than again every first party Wii U game looks like a 360 game so there's that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 15, 2013, 01:39:05 PM »
Arthur Gies may be the worst person in the gaming press of the last 30 years.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 15, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
This is partly why I cancelled my preorder.   I think I will wait for the first revision of the hardware at this point.  Since I can just go to the store on my PC and get any free Plus games for the PS4 now and then dl them when I get the system, I'm good.

Though I just had a stupid experience.  I was able to "purchase" Resogun with no problems.  The order went through like they always do.  But then I went to do it for Contrast and after adding it to my cart (with it saying it was free for plus), then clicking checkout (it still said free), then I said submit, it charged my the $14.99 for it.  Unfortunately, it seems to be near impossible to get in touch with Sony help right now with everyone having problems with their PS4s, I think I'm going to have to wait to get it resolved.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 15, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »

See you make a good point, followed by massivly terrible one.

The Halo stories are nothing but political subplots.

See, I wouldn't know that because the games themselves put me to sleep in record time with their monotonous gameplay and bullet sponge-y enemies, so I never get to that part of those games.  Between playing the original; Reach; and Halo 4, I just do not understand the appeal of that franchise.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 15, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
I think I'm going to wait as well. Maybe until next E3.  Will be picking up a Wii U though. (I'm saying this now but it probably won't stick)

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 16, 2013, 02:26:20 AM »
See, I wouldn't know that because the games themselves put me to sleep in record time with their monotonous gameplay and bullet sponge-y enemies, so I never get to that part of those games.  Between playing the original; Reach; and Halo 4, I just do not understand the appeal of that franchise.

The big appeal for the Halo series to me was always the co-op campaign.  Not enough games feature co-op these days, and the Halo series actually implements it really well.

And if you think the bullet-sponge enemies are bad, the Flood enemies are a million times worse.  Fast-moving enemies + super-slow console controls = You're gonna have a bad day.

Anyway, if anybody took my advice about BF4 and waited, apparently the PS4 version is experiencing massive headaches along with the other versions.  There are reports of the game crashing and corrupting the save/game files(some people had to reinstall the game).  DICE are known for buggy releases, but this one seems to have really taken the cake.  So, to reiterate: don't pick up Battlefield 4, don't buy Premium, and tell everyone you know that is thinking about picking it up.  It's especially bad since DICE/EA have stated that PC patches will only be delivered when console patches go out, despite having no cert process to go through.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 16, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
So yeah... You'll hear about this more on NFR but,

Skylanders Swap Force on the PS4 looks pretty darn impressive.  I had some techs at my house for 8 hours, also hear about on the next NFR, and they were pretty darn impressed with the visuals as well on their own just watching as they came through.

The UI clicks with me mostly also I find myself using Voice commands more often then you may think.  Which makes my biggest complaint so far that Netflix isn't consider like a game and I can't just go Playstation Netflix and when the console is on standby I can't just go Playstation On.  You can turn the Playstation off with your voice.

I have sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have to give my son a PSN account.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 17, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
How is the motion keyboard thingy. .

Either way glad I'm not getting any console at launch. Pretty sUre the Xbox One will have just as many online problems as the PS4 has for online.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:19:35 AM by shingi_70 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 17, 2013, 06:57:34 AM »
All I have to say about the so-called PS4 "Blue Pulse of Death" is that I hope those affected by it get working units soon and I'm glad my PS4 is not one of them.

In happier news, Sony sold over 1 million PS4s on launch day, selling over 2 times more PS4s in a single day than Nintendo sold Wii Us in the 1st 9 months of the year.  If the Xbone sells similarly, you can probably stick a fork in the Wii U's chances of getting any software support beyond 1st party next year.