Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 413809 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1
« Reply #1250 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
I can't figure out how to comfortably hold a PS3 controller with access to the triggers with my hands.  The controller is just too small, and doesn't have any natural place to rest in my hands.

I always cramp playing with the PS3 controller.  That has never happened to me with a Nintendo controller...so there is that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 03, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
I can't figure out how to comfortably hold a PS3 controller with access to the triggers with my hands.  The controller is just too small, and doesn't have any natural place to rest in my hands.

I always cramp playing with the PS3 controller.  That has never happened to me with a Nintendo controller...so there is that.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:12:17 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 03, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_005.jpg[/img]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_003.jpg[/img]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_016.jpg[/img]

But the double finger trigger hold is so.... unnatural and uncomfortable.
I always end up switching 1 finger back and forth between trigger 1 to trigger 2.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1253 on: December 03, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
I have held it both ways.  Pushing the Triggers is very uncomfortable for me.  I wish this wasn't the case.  Right now I think Nintendo has the best controller.  I wish you could get a Nintendo classic Controller Pro to work on the PC and MAC.  Or the new Wii U classic controller.  I would buy and use that in a heart beat.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 03, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
DS4 > Wii U Pro Controller.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1255 on: December 03, 2013, 11:35:29 PM »
I will not oppose other people's opinions.  I just find the controller uncomfortable to use, and the button names confusing.  But, if you like the controller, more power to you.

I really want to hold the Xbox One controller and see if it is good.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1256 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »
I have held it both ways.  Pushing the Triggers is very uncomfortable for me.  I wish this wasn't the case.  Right now I think Nintendo has the best controller.  I wish you could get a Nintendo classic Controller Pro to work on the PC and MAC.  Or the new Wii U classic controller.  I would buy and use that in a heart beat.
Spak, you can!  I use my Wii U Pro for PC gaming on Steam and for FFXIV 2.0. It works wonderfully well!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1257 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:17 AM »
Thanks.  After I posted that I realized I was a lazy net surfer, and started looking.  I have to look around for something to work with Apple, but I will definitely do this in the future.  I am going to get a new laptop in the near future, if finances hold out, and then I can get some nice computer gaming happening.  I always hated computer gaming because I love playing games with a controller.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 04, 2013, 04:52:32 AM »
You can use the various Wii controllers and the Wii U Pro controller with a Mac pretty easily. They're Bluetooth, and there are fan-made drivers that work pretty well in my experience.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_005.jpg[/img]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_003.jpg[/img]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Cericme/WP_20130729_016.jpg[/img]

But the double finger trigger hold is so.... unnatural and uncomfortable.
I always end up switching 1 finger back and forth between trigger 1 to trigger 2.
Really?
I just naturally went to it because of the NES Days and the Max controller where I held it up with me top fingers.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:41 AM »
Have you guys seen how you're supposed to hold the Xbox one controller triggers and bumpers? The bumpers push in so you hold your fingers diagonal so it crosses over both. I haven't held one yet, but weird...

http://youtu.be/aEfqsnbT6eg

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:59 PM »
Uh no, you just alternate your fingers between the bumpers and triggers, just like on a PlayStation controller.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 12, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
My PS4 arrived today. I haven't gotten to actually play anything on it yet because things are taking a while to download, but I was able to test out remote play in the menus and it seems to work well everywhere in the house I'd want it to. I really like the feel of the Dual Shock 4, and as someone who couldn't stand the previous models I think the changes were subtle yet very effective.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
Yeah, tomorrow is my last day of school for the semester so I literally haven't had a chance to play mine since the weekend I bought it. My kids were watching a movie on it and left it on, so I picked up the controller to shut it off and forgot how much of an improvement over the DS3 it is.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 12, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
BTW - brandogg360 on PSN. Haven't activated my PS Plus 7-day trial (came with BF4) or my 30-day trial (came with the system) or my 1-year subscription ($29.99 on Black Friday woohoo) but I will be tomorrow night.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 13, 2013, 09:22:21 AM »
BTW - brandogg360 on PSN. Haven't activated my PS Plus 7-day trial (came with BF4) or my 30-day trial (came with the system) or my 1-year subscription ($29.99 on Black Friday woohoo) but I will be tomorrow night.
Do the Trails first.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
I've played a fair bit of FIFA via remote play now, and have had almost no issues with it. I lost connection once or twice, but like with the Wii U Off-TV play it automatically pauses the game and lets me pick off right where I left off once I reconnect.

As for the game itself, the graphical improvements are nice, but largely irrelevant with the normal zoomed-out camera, but the increased horsepower makes the menus a lot less sluggish than they were in the PS3 version. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 16, 2013, 10:59:25 PM »
Posted this in the Xbone thread, but it should be here too I guess...

Xbox One is the new PS3?

Not sure how these links will work for you guys

PS3 = out of stock online (including all bundles) and at every store locally
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps4-500gb-console/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103&cmp=RMX&ky=28oPyDFv0KHcisHwQcZfO0qg5PUU1VPjs

Xbox One = in stock online (system by itself and all bundles) and at every store within 100 miles
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1219013502542&sourceType=product&skuId=9008182&productId=1219013502542&itemId=2051276&pageMode=searchmode

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 17, 2013, 10:12:43 PM »
So... One of my DualShock 4's won't charge, won't hold a charge, and won't stay on even plugged in.  I'm going to have to contact Sony customer support to figure out what to do.  I don't know if I can just go to the store and exchange it for a new one.  We'll have to see but in all my years of gaming I have never had this happen with one of my controllers.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
I imagine it would be as simple as that...most stores have a 90 day return policy now, or at least the decent ones do.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:24 AM »
Anyone play doki doki universe yet?
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »
I downloaded Pinball Arcade PS4 tonight, along with all the Season 1 tables since they were being offered for $15 to people who already paid them for all those tables on PS3 & Vita.  To say this game's presentation on PS4 is "amateurish" is the understatement of the year. The splash screen that displays while the game is loading is in 4:3, the main menu itself can only be controlled by the Dpad, and you can't download all the DLC tables at once.  No, instead, you have to download each one individually by trying to play them, wait for them to download, and THEN you can play them. The table I played also had glitched Goal unlocking. 

And don't even bother trying to Remote Play the game. It runs at like 10 frames per second and has massive input lag.  ****ing Amateur Hour.  My Vita can handle ****ing ASSASSIN'S CREED 4 and speedy games like Resogun like a Pro, but Pinball? Man, that's just too much!

That said, once I got past the nonsense required to actually get to a table, I found the game to be an excellent upgrade from the Vita version I usually play, though you really need to turn off the in-game lights to see it. The Dualshock 4 is an excellent controller for this game, probably even surpassing the Vita's responsiveness.

Incidentally, Twilight Zone is still an incredibly cheap table. No wonder it gets used for tournaments! It goes out of its way to be a colossal **** to the player!
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 20, 2013, 11:37:44 PM »
If you're looking for one they're currently in stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 23, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
If you're looking for one they're currently in stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
My Best Buy in Franklin, TN had a couple.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 24, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »
I was just at Walmart (god I hate Walmart, sorry, UB) - PS4 sold out, plenty of Xbox Ones in stock, but amazingly they were actually sold out of Wii U consoles too.