Author Topic: In the dreamtime  (Read 52546 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: In the dreamtime
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
So I had a dream where I died. I "woke" up in an empty apartment. It was tiny but nice, like those found in Tokyo. It was dark but I could clearly see a group of shadows sliding towards me. At first I was frightened; they were sweeping around me, bellowing a bass octave that vibrated my being. But then I realized I enjoyed it and let it go on for a while until I tried tickling one of the shadows. It gave out a giggle and immediately became human, or human-like. It was a woman, but her skin shimmered like a fish. The other shadows popped into existence and it was clearly more men and women. They started to laugh at me as if it were some prank.

"What's...what's going on?" I said.
"You're dead, man." One spoke. "Well either dead or dying."
"Wait...I'm dead?"
"Yeah. We watched it all. It was pretty. Damn. Funny." They all began to laugh again.

Something told me it was a lie, but I also felt it was the truth. It was confusing. I wanted to ask more questions but these apparitions seemed to be having a celebration. The room that was at first dark began to light up and expand, with more people-things filling it. Little flying worms of light began to swim all around us to an epic disco track. That's when I felt myself being pulled.

"Time to go." One of the women said.
"Where?"
"You'll see. Here take this cup for the line."
"The line...the line for what?"
"The line into *burp-squeeker fart*. It's a long wait."

Then one of them handed me a wine glass full of some sort of libation that looked like the sparks of fireworks. The pulling intensified. The room, that at first expanded, became smaller and smaller and it was then that I realized I wasn't being pulled, I was growing larger. I grew as large as a building, then a city, then a planet, then a star....so big that the entire universe was like a snowflake and I stood upon an endless field of them.

In front of me was a city resting on a few immense sleeping sea turtles that burped and farted universes. There were millions upon millions of ghosts or souls or shimmering beings like myself standing in a line, just as confused as I was. I looked at my glass full of sparks and took a sip. It filled me with the essence of a specific time in human history. All the knowledge and emotion of that day came rushing into me. It was spicy with jealousy, sweet with love, and intoxicating with information. This particular vintage was of the renaissance, specifically Leonardo Da Vinci's 25th birthday. I was living it.

I noticed another entrance into the city of *burp-squeeker fart*. The ghosts or souls or apparitions of shimmering skinned beings were jovial as they made their way with ease into the city. And they all had a cup. So I decided to join that line and try to sneak in. I tried to blend in, striking up conversations with fellow beings and clinking glasses whenever we'd laugh. But just as I was about to enter this lion-headed giant stopped me.

"I haven't seen you before." He roared.
"It was my first time out of the city." I tried to push past him but he stopped me.
"I haven't" he bent down "seen you before." And started to growl.
"That's because it was my first time out of the city! Look, if I haven't been here before, how did I get this cup?" He looked at me for a while...Just staring into me.
"Good point." He then stood up and moved to let me through, but that's when I woke up.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Tom Nook - Like a Boss!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
You almost died in your sleep.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
Worst ways to go out I guess.

But honestly, that's bullshit. Dying in your dream doesn't mean you die in real life. If anything, it's spiritually enlightening.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:15:08 AM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »
Can't say my dreams are that interesting.  I rarely dream (Max a couple per year if not vastly less) and when I do its in a continuity.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Phil

• Doesn't like the new forum changes
  • Score: 50
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
I seem to dream every night or every other night recently. Crazy stuff like playing Let's Make A Deal on the set of The Golden Girls, with all four ladies picking between a limousine and some other prize I don't remember. It was actually all IN the living room. I felt like I was watching an episode.

NNID: Phil32 SW: 4962-7799-3963 (Nickname: Phil)
3DS FC: Phil - 2251-8872-1084

« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
I usually have pretty crazy and intense dreams but I don't have any need to share them with strangers. I might draw on them for inspiration in my writing, movies, music, etc, but really dreams are pretty personal they reveal a lot about you as a person. Dreams are honest, you can't really lie to yourself no matter how hard you might want to believe you can.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2019, 04:58:33 PM »
I had a dream that I was working in an arcade and I was playing the submarine game. And like I was playing the game, but it's like when I looked through the submarine games periscope I witnessed a real battleship get torpedoed. So, I end up in jail.

At this point the perspective switched to third person and now the main character of the story is Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. Now that Aquaman is in prison. Aquaman has to join a gang. The only way he can get into this gang is if he passes a test. The test is a bravery test. He has to put his hand in fish tank with a piranha type creature and not flinch. This is a crazy test because it cant be for real. If someone really put their hand in the tank their hand would surely be bitten off. But this is Aquaman and he can control fish. So, he does it no problem. He uses his fish powers to calm the fish. The set in this dream is this dramatic futuristic prison that looks like its out of Chronicles of Riddick. He passes the test and what's weird is there was a crowd of people watching on bleachers that all cheered. It was a weird dream. Really cool looking. I give it an 8/10. The story didn't make sense, but visually it was solid.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Tom Nook - Like a Boss!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
Did I ever share the short story I wrote that combined several of my dreams? https://theinstallation.neocities.org/fiveyeardepression.html