Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii  (Read 101718 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye Wii
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
Surprisingly, I'm hearing good things about this, even from places that aren't always too keen on the Wii.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »
Anyone else want gamecube controller support?

I would love to have 4 playersL 2 gamecube pads, 1 classic controller, 1 wiimote and nunchuck.

Now that will be epic. I don't want to buy more wiimotes/nunchucks
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:50:59 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »
I think it's unnecessary to include Classic Controller support, but if they're going to do that they might as well support the GC controller as well.

J.P. Corbran

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »
I think it's unnecessary to include Classic Controller support, but if they're going to do that they might as well support the GC controller as well.

Actually.......

The final game will feature an incredible amount of customizable control options. Not only can you play with the standard Wii pointer and nunchuk combination and tweak the sensitivity, you can also plug in a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro and play via the dual-analog way. I'm partial to the Wii remote for FPS, but the Classic Controller worked pretty well too. -IGN Wii

[/size]http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1097593p1.html

If you look closely at the video below you can notice GCN rumble on/off . So I guess that confirms what I am asking for.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/e310-golden-eye-007-wii-multiplaye/345834?playlist=featured

So it will have all the above control set up. WooHoo

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
Sucks for Conduit 2 to have this bitch coming out the same season  >.< I plan on buying both though.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
It disgusts me, but I think the classic controller/Game Cube controller support for this is going to make it a big seller.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
Then all those guys' be wondering why they suck online.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 04:56:29 PM »
So... is it true that they added regenerating health to the game?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »
That's what the impressions say. Crouch behind cover and recover.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 05:15:44 PM »
The DS version is being made by n-space, right?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »
Quote from:  from Gamespot
[on multiplayer] Players will abe able to play as classic bond villains including Jaws, Scaramanga, and Oddjob; the latter equipped with his trademark hat which he throws at targets in place of a melee strike. Wii remote and nunchuk play and Classic Controller Pro will both be supported, and we found the dual-stick option to make for a responsive and accurate shooting

When I first read that, I could've sworn it said that they found the "dual-stick option" to be MORE "responsive and accurate" but I reread it and calmed down. Then I realized they didn't mention how it controls with Wii controls which, aside from being a "reinvisioning" of one of the best FPS games of all time and a top favorite N64 classic, was the MAIN draw of this game, especially as a Wii exclusive.

So my second reaction to that impression is the same as my first:

WTF!?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
Since the game has a "retro" gamer appeal then I'm not surprised that it includes support for the Classic Controller, but I do hope it doesn't mean the Wii Remote controls will suffer because of it.

Regenerating health? I was worried that they would add too many modern features and ruin the game, making it indistinguishable from other shooters. But I'm still going to hope it has a multitude of options, allowing for both modern and retro styles of play.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
The only way I'd even try this game without the wii remote/nunchuk combo is if they released it with a "Classic Controller Pro 64" ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 02:53:22 AM »
Sucks for Conduit 2 to have this bitch coming out the same season  >.< I plan on buying both though.

Honestly I would be incredibly surprised if this was even half as good as Conduit 2.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »

Honestly I would be incredibly surprised if this was even half as good as Conduit 2.

You think? The only thing about it I can judge right now is  graphics and Conduit rapes it in that department. Got any other ideas?

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »
Conduit 2 will be a better game, but this will sell way better because of the name.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
You think? The only thing about it I can judge right now is  graphics and Conduit rapes it in that department. Got any other ideas?

Well despite ANY misgivings that anybody may have with the first Conduit, the fact is that it laid an extremely solid foundation for the series. While there was nothing really stand-out about the game or its design, the fact that it more or less perfected first-person shooting controls on the Wii is a huge step in the right direction. On top of that, it's obvious from what we've seen/heard about the sequel that they are listening very closely to what people had to say about the first game. Already you can tell that the level and artistic design are both leagues beyond the first game. I mean, Activision has experience with shooters, sure. But this looks and sounds like a full-on cash in, even with the impressions coming from the show floor. I think that Conduit 2 has much more solid ground to stand on.

As for which one will sell better, I guess we'll see. Honestly, I think that a lot of people are overestimating the number of people who want to play Goldeneye again, especially after Perfect Dark came out on the Xbox Live Arcade. And even if they aren't, the fact is that THIS IS NOT THE SAME GAME. This is a complete reimagining, and all the people who are going to be looking at this game as a way of reliving the good old days are going to be extremely disappointed when they find that out.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
Any word yet if all the classic multiplayer levels are returning, or just a few.

The only ones I need are:

• Facility
  • Temple
  • Complex
  • Archives
  • Stack

I don't really care for the rest

If I can get confirmation of those levels and golden gun / proximity mines modes in multiplayer I'll buy ASAP

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »
Honestly, I think that a lot of people are overestimating the number of people who want to play Goldeneye again, especially after Perfect Dark came out on the Xbox Live Arcade.

I'm not arguing with the first statement... but the second seems moot.

The original Perfect Dark sold around 1.5 million copies, while Goldeneye sold nearly 6 million. Perfect Dark doesn't have anywhere near the name recognition or popularity that Goldeneye does amongst your average consumer. Perfect Dark on Xbox Live likely won't have much of an affect on how this game does in the end.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »
Any word yet if all the classic multiplayer levels are returning, or just a few.

I hope its all.

It would be great if the Cradle was included, as that was a scraped multiplayer level that could be accessed via a Gameshark and... was surprisingly fun.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
There will be no "returning" levels because this is not a remake. Some levels will have a somewhat similar look and layout to the Nintendo 64 game, but they will not be the same.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »

I hope its all.

It would be great if the Cradle was included, as that was a scraped multiplayer level that could be accessed via a Gameshark and... was surprisingly fun.

Cradle with sniper rifles was awesome. Or one shot kills slappers only and we'd jump off the bottom part and float around in the sky and have epic martial arts fights 'mano a mano' in the air.

You could also unlock St. Petersburg.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »
You could also unlock St. Petersburg.

Forgot about that.

Goldeneye was one of those games where having a Gameshark was perfect in order to unlock extra stuff that went unfinished.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
I once came across a code which allowed the Aztec level to be played in multiplayer. It didn't have any weapons of course, but that could be fixed in a way using the All Guns cheat.

Try this: No weapons, one-hit-kills. Go to the room with the pit in the middle, which is the second room from where you start in single player. Have one player stand on one side of the pit, facing it, and the other player on the opposite side. Count to three, and then run straight at each other, into the pit, and try to hit each other whilst jumping. A true duel!

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
Ah, Goldeneye multiplayer, such good memories of my youth. My 1997 youth wouldn't be the same without you.

Now the single player aspect I hope they don't **** up. While most of the levels were straight forward, the objectives were fresh and the game encouraged stealth.

I never loved the second Surface level. Fucking guards and their KLOBBS and continuing to fucking find me. **** that level.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?