Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 488872 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2000 on: December 27, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »
Well I got the Black Leather pants. and tried them out. With a set that has Fortify,Adreniline +2 and evasion+1 and and Item use up The attack with Angush P is 1725 with 2 deaths, Adreniline +2 active and the Mightpill and Might seed trick.

I made another set that has Attack up L,Adreniline +2 and Fortify and using the same things mentioned I can get 1944 attack.

Haven't tried it out with the food skill Heroics yet.I imagine I can 2000 attack with the Attack up L set and maybe 1825 with the other set.Just guesses at this point.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2001 on: December 28, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
Whos up to playing tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 28, 2010, 10:31:56 PM »
Got off work a little early. I'll be on in a few.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: December 29, 2010, 01:01:03 AM »
Thanks to Maxi and GK for the help tonight despite my general uselessness, and for the lesson during my urgent quest.  Second time seeing Jhen and the first time where anybody involved had a clue what to do.  That was crazy.

Why do I have a feeling that a whole new level of challenge is waiting with these new missions?   ;D
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2004 on: December 29, 2010, 04:13:26 AM »
Few tips ejammer.

In high rank you usually do not start at base so you are going to have to come to the quest prepared.The monster could be in the same area as you when you start.

If you happen to start at base and everybody else is not near base then grab all the items and when the first possible oppertunity shows itself give out the items. Best the monster leaves the area for this.

Once you have fought the High rank equaliviant you can upgrade the Low rank armor so that it has HR defense.Skills will stay the same.

The first round of quests for High Rank is basically,Jaggi,Peco, Barroth, and Royal Ludroth among others.

Try to plan out your armor and weapon sets.Also look at what items you need for making ammo out on the field. It helps to bring the first 4 combo books too.Set up some speed combos before the quest.

Oh bring Dung bombs just in case an uninvited monster shows up.

GK maybe some time today we can do Rage Match maybe with some help though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:27:36 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
I'm expecting to be home at around the same time tonight so I may be on before my other online addictions settle in.

Next time I'm bringing Mega Demon Drugs & Mega Armorskin instead of extra bomb-making material though. Once the 2nd Jho shows my Bombardier skill loses a lot of usefulness.

Also what was up with those 2 attacking us then running past each other & switching targets like that?  Looked rather silly...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2006 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
Yeah I forgot a few items the run we did. Namely Farcasters and dung bombs.

But yeah if we tend to be on the other side of the arena the Jhos will switch targets.It might help so the Jhos are not targeting both of us at the same time.Also the run we did didn't go well becaus of a few things.Didn't set up trap by Dragonator early. When I tried to get up the cliff that used the Dragonator it was when the second Jho showed up and I think it destroyed the cliff. Me using Flash bombs at the wrong time.

GK can you make Agna+ armor for the Lance?That tends to give you better offensive footing and reach.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:17:08 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
Is that why you lancers keep using Agna armor? Isn't there a dragon weakness?

Was thinking about making an ice lance & using my Lagi armor with it(for the next time Brute Horns comes around) but I'll try look into that instead.

(Edit) Need some more Claws+ for the greaves & vanbraces but other than that, yeah I can make the set easily.

Using Lagi in those 2 areas, still gives me Razor Sharp & Guard+1 by default with 4 slots to spare. Might be able to make something worth using. Have to dig through my talismans sometime today.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:21:29 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2008 on: December 29, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
There isn't any Dragon weakness. Only real weakness is water and Ice but yeah that set up might work.

Edit: Ah here we go. Using those armor pieces you can get Guard +2,Razor Sharp.Elemental Attack up and maybe another skill or use a 10 + tali for something else.

Put in a ironwall jewel into the legs and a stonewall jewel into the chest will give you Guard +2. If you put a Element Jewel + into the waist and then one Element Jewel into the weapon and that will give you elemental attack up. Have 2 slots left in the vambraces for something else with appropriate tali or just use a 10 point tali for something else.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:18:41 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2009 on: December 29, 2010, 10:30:20 PM »
So who can play tonight?

I just farmed Royal Ludroth for Dash extract for Mega Dash juice.So I can take on Rage Match more.

Edit 2: Getting on now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:33:18 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: December 29, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
I can throw that together later as it's better suited for Diablos than Deviljho. I'll tough it out with Damascus.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 30, 2010, 12:28:28 AM »
Ugh connection death on what was going to be my last quest. Hope it went well without me, Maxi.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2012 on: December 30, 2010, 01:17:11 AM »
Well we had one caped and the other was ready for cap but one of the other guys died making it 3. I did have a good 4 hunter group after that which we won.

Did you get any tickets GK and if so how many you need to get?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 30, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »
I got a single ticket.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2014 on: December 30, 2010, 06:45:02 AM »
Then it looks like you need 3 more.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2015 on: December 31, 2010, 05:51:43 AM »
Sorry to tell you this GK but the Rage Match quest is done for now.

I'm just working on upgrading my armor sets in defense. Got a few I need to max out.

You know what for elemental  gunning damage I should try Ala's armor or Lagi +. I don't really have a main elemental set for gunning that I can swap out the gun for fighting different monsters.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 31, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »
No biggy. There's always next time.

Yeah, upgrading has been my main task lately. Tried to do some Deviljho quests too but any town I found only ever want to do the Tundra version so they can get some Dragonbone relics.
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 31, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
We should celebrate the new year by hunting tonight.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 31, 2010, 08:23:27 PM »
Won't be on (much)tonight but I do plan on doing some hunts on New Year's Day.

Anyone know if gemming in +10 resistance to an armor that's weak against that same element does any good?

Have a +10 Fire talisman(well +9 really but there was an empty slot in it...) & I was thinking that on my Damascus armor(which I already gave status attack up) while using my para Longsword would make a nice way of keeping Ala standing still & let us all whack away at him more often. I also have a para switch-axe & hammer too but the switch-axe has a negative affinity & a hammer & while I love hammers, I know it's not the best status weapon type.

Still haven't maxed the armor yet though so I'm not sure if I would try this any time soon. Just a thought that came to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:26:37 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2019 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
Yes it helps out GK a little. I use a 10 ice tali on Agna armor when I fight Ala and it helps. Para and hammers are a good strategy. Generally you want 2 para weapons. Think the para long sword is the best one for inflicting para.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 31, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
I probably only need a little help anyways. That Dober/Rathalos combo has a -5 fire resistance & I can still take a fire blast. Causes severe damage but I'm still alive as long as I'm not attacked again before I can heal.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2021 on: December 31, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
Getting on now.

Edit:I have to check something on the internet in a few mins so I'll edit this when I get back on.

Edit 2:Getting back on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:22:38 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2022 on: January 04, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
Well is anybody up to playing today?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 04, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
Goozex game group is going online tonight, so I'll be playing there - free trade tokens for doing something I'd do anyway is a sweet deal.  Any chance you play/trade there?

I haven't played much since reaching mid-level ranks and finishing the single-player story.  Would like to get back into the game, but it feels like starting over with the need to grind for + carves and build new armor.  LOL
NNID: ejamer

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 04, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
Is anyone going to be free Thursday afternoon/night?  I'd love to get a few more hunts in to start the new year off right!