Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 3  (Read 19018 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 3
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
Indeed, provided he was aware of the time things ended, unless he was setting us up, I'd say for now, he's not likely the godfather, it's a good observation it seems he made.  So, if not Plugabugz, it's likely someone else on the list, but not certainly.

It leaves:
UncleBob
DrewMG
Pale

As the next most likely suspects.  There a good chance one of these people is our Luke Sywalker.  I'm taking my own name off simply because of this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29826.msg563104#msg563104

Where I posted, clearly within the night.  Did any other players do the same?  If they want to offer up something they remember posting at that hour, I'll take 'em off this list of mine, for the exact same reason I took myself off.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »
thatguy, I've already posted my defense for not playing the game on day one.  I was really busy that day.  Sure, I popped into the thread to see what was happening, but I didn't have time to read everything closely, and I didn't want to hop onto a bandwagon so soon in the game.   I did send PMs to Unclebob, Vudu, and Maxi that day, so it's not like I wasn't around - I just didn't have time to throw a day 1 vote out.

If you want to see what I was doing on Day 1, here's what I was doing on Day 1:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29827.0

That took a few hours because I was really busy at work, and the formatting in those posts is a bit cumbersome. 

It's not like I wasn't here, I just didn't choose to post in this thread.  If I was Luke, I wouldn't have forgotten to make a hit.  That doesn't make any sense.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »
You'd be better off going with this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29829.msg562980#msg562980

In fact, I'd guess that every player left in the game who could be active at night has something saying they were, or at least were paying some kind of attention to the game relatively late in the day, with the exception of Pale and UncleBob.

Pale logged in last night, during the night, in fact, but never posted anything.  I sent UncleBob a PM last night at 10:00PMish EST, and he didn't reply until something like three in the morning, though.  I don't know if that solidifies anything or not, but it's about as credible as what else we've got here.

With this info, I'm going to have to un-vote Pale seriously this time.

I'll want more information, if we can get it, but he's seriously the current "Best Lead" I've got, literally with all the logic and reasoning out in the open.  You're welcome to agree with it, you're welcome to point things out yourself, or contradict it, or whatever you choose, but this is a decision you'd make not based on "trust" because I know there's a few of you, that when it comes to me and mafia, you just don't do it.  If it's wrong, and I don't have information tonight about why it's wrong, I'll take the blame.  If it's not wrong, though, please, for once, give me some credit!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »
In my defense, I didn't vote on Day 1 because I typically don't vote on Day 1 - or if I do, I make sure it's for someone who isn't going to get voted out.  Don't like innocent blood on my hands!

Besides, I did log on and post in other threads on Night 1. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
Actually, according to your post history, you didn't...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »
Crap, you're right.  I thought day 1 was on the 8th (the day the Day 1 thread was started)...

Well, poo.

/notthegodfather.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »
Oh i didn't catch that either, good spot thatguy.

Dasmos i'm very much in London and not New Zealand. It wouldn't make sense otherwise if im going to sleep at that time (and i'm not one for sleeping during the day).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »
Khush has it out for me and has yet to explain why, based on my (valid revenge) reason of voting for her after she did to me about the tag.

vote khush

I explained why. A vote like that is great for Day 1. But to do it on Day 2 with the evidence now available for an informed vote is a little strange.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
I find it curious that Drew, Stogi and Plugabugz all chimed in with a vote for Khush within an hour of each other like that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
I forgot about this game yesterday.  I skimmed this thread and I think I'm going to Vote Plugabugz today... and if he ends up being townie, vote Khush tomorrow.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
I don't agree to that deal. un-VOTE PALE. Sorry Pale.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:30:31 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
:(
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
Okay, I'm change my vote to someone who hasn't even shown up today yet.   Vote Mop_It_Up. 
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
I just wanted to say that I think Khush and thatguy are on the same team, and they have concluded that I am on the other team.

I think that's pretty obvious.  What isn't obvious is whether they are mafia or townies... so I'm not voting for either yet.
---------------------

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Now, I'm not exactly defending her, because I have voiced suspicions against her already, but Mop it up did say she was staying up really late playing Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. And she is also on the East Coast. So I'm willing to bet she isn't even awake yet.

Khush kept me from voting against Vudu on day one and Vudu was teamed with Khush so I've decided to trust Khush for the time being.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
Actually. It's great you are participating. Let's take a moment to discuss the case against Pale. Day 1, you said you were a townie. Good enough for me. Then you weren't around, I thought nothing of it. After all, you've been gone before in games and warned us of that. But, you didn't say you would be away. Still, it seems hard to believe that checking in on day 1, you would forget you are the godfather and not show up until 6 am the next morning. Still, the mafia did not have a hit on day 1. But they did yesterday. And you were back on in time for night actions. And the mafia had a hit last night. Now, you vote today but suddenly make an ultimatum. If Plugabugz is innocent, then we vote you tomorrow. Know something we don't Pale? After all, the mafia all know who is innocent. To make a decleration like that, I can't help but wonder if you know the result already.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
I said yesterday that the day thread is a good way to have a discussion so let's have one on the godfather. Why was there no hit? 3 theories. He wasn't online on time, his hit choice was voted out or he choose to hit no one. What seems more likely?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
If I were Godfather I wouldn't have made a hit on a condemned person so I would scratch that option.

More likely he chose not to hit anyone or was not present to issue a hit. The turnover was relatively fast and someone not fully paying attention to the game or rules would easily be caught off guard by the quick night action period.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
I'm just going to say it here and get it over with:

Mop_it_up
Unclebob
Plugabugz

are mafia. Come hit me if you dare.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »
Good points Khush.

But I'm being totally honest when I say the following.

I usually (today is an exception) check the forums in the morning.  Hence my early vote against stevey on Day 1.  On Day 2 I attempted to check the forums extremely early (as I get to work around 7:30 am eastern) and the site was having issues.  I then got really busy at work and forgot all about mafia.

This morning I visited the forums and saw the mafia thread and was all "oh shoot.. MAFIA".

Then as I read the day thread, I got the distinct feeling that there were two teams rallying against each other, one involving voting for plug, and one trying to vote for you.  I then took this to mean that one of them must involve mafia members and the other must involve the townie alliance.

Because you are playing in a relatively obvious manner this game, I take that to mean that I think you are on the townie alliance, so Plug get's my vote today.  However, if Plug shows up townie I think that means there is a good chance you are mafia (though obviously not guaranteed).

Then the fact that both you and thatguy rallied against me led me to believe you are part of the same "crew".  Again, because this is an obvious move, my gut says you are part of the townie alliance.

So yeah, I am on your and thatguy's side for today... but I won't vote for myself along with you two.

Also, I fully recognize that I am probably way off on all these assumptions, but I need to roll with something.
---------------------

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
The story is fine except that it doesn't still answer the fact that you were on the forum last night. That detail is missing in your testimony.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »
I was on the forum last night?  What did I do?
---------------------

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
What a difference a day makes, I check in this morning and there is a strong bandwagon heading towards plugabugz, now there has been a switch up and it looks like we have splintered some. We followed our hunches the yesterday in looking at who wasn't around to make a hit and we got the killer out of here, to think that the godfather was also not around would be a crazy coincidence. They may just have wanted to throw things off, who knows right now.

I think for now I will start pushing the wagon with a couple strong folks on there and see where that gets us.

Vote Pale

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
I don't know. Maybe send a message? All I know is you're time stamp said 8:50 pm last visited, which is too bad since I was just checking to verify that I could take you off my suspect list.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »
Well I'm at a loss then.

It's not like I don't have any reasons to come to the forums besides sending a mafia hit.

Whatever. It seems if I open my mouth in a mafia game these days, it will just be twisted into me looking guilty.

I have to say, this is the first time I've ever been voted for for presuming that someone was part of the townie alliance though.  Khush, if you are a townie, you will now really hurt the cause because when it's revealed that I am a townie, sparks will fly in your and thatguy's direction.

Also, just because this is probably the last time I'll sign on today, I'm starting to think that you are either the investigator or are in league with the investigator.  You probably know that an investigation of me came back townie, but are suspicious of me being a godfather.  Hence your godfather talk from earlier.

So yeah, if I survive I won't be voting for you any time soon.

There is no point in playing the investigator role if you are going to fear the godfather.  You will just sit quietly in fear the whole game.

/sigh.
---------------------