Author Topic: Dawn of Discovery - Ubisoft brings the Anno Series to Wii  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Discovery - Ubisoft brings the Anno Series to Wii
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
Well, I finally cracked open this game since it's been shrink wrapped and gathering dust on my shelf. It's really rather fun and it does feel like a Sim City set in Colonial America. Having played Sid Meyer's Colonization (the Civ 4 mod version) this is also very similar to that but with a stronger story element and in real-time as opposed to turn-based. If you like sim/strategy/city building games this is most certainly right up your alley.

It has really good production values so far.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
This game has been on my list for a while now, NWR's review pretty much sold me on it. I just haven't had much luck finding it for the $20 price. I once saw it at Best Buy for $30, but it was difficult to purchase it when I knew it was cheaper at other stores.

If only I knew I wouldn't find it at other stores...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
GameStop has it listed as $20, but they don't have any new copies online ("Not Available Online"), you can buy the used copy from their site for $18 though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 06:49:59 AM »
I'm to the part of the story where I get to build troops. It does take a good deal to get there. Seems pretty simple. Make more troops than the enemy and then overwhelm them.
My Game Collection

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 11:47:42 AM »
I'm to the part of the story where I get to build troops. It does take a good deal to get there. Seems pretty simple. Make more troops than the enemy and then overwhelm them.

Yeah, once you seize an island's barracks, you're very unlikely to lose the battle for that island.  I have to admit to being disappointed at the naval combat, though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
It's basically a contest of who has more troops on their ship. So any pirate that bumps into your exploration ships is immediately gone.
My Game Collection

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:13 AM »
It has to be one of my favorite games on the Wii. I'm a sucker for city building games though. I have both the Wii version and the PC version. Drastically different of course but I found the Wii version more charming due to it's look. I still feel if Ubisoft had actually pushed this version of the game it would have done decently.  It was a far better game to put money behind instead of their Petz or other <insert word>z crap games.