Author Topic: Second Annual Secret Santa: Thread Of Joy  (Read 44095 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Second Annual Secret Santa: Sign-up Thread (Attempt 2)
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »
I think some of our resident paupers wouldn't like such a high minimum.

It occurred to me today that Nintendo limiting DLC shops to in-game menus takes a lot of potential fun away from gift giving.  I would have found it awesome to give someone Chime's bikini, for example.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »
not up to me, I'm letting you guys decide so lets get everyone elses opinion!

Everyone should buy games for me!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:46 PM »
No! you most likely have the most games out of all of us here, you should be gifting us everything on the VC just to TRY and catch up to you!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008, 10:30:29 PM »
No! you most likely have the most games out of all of us here

Am I that forgettable?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
Since no one's posted any of their info yet, I guess I'll start.  ;D

Wii Friend Code:  4584 8871 6512 0150
Wii Region:  United States

VC Games I Want:  Act Raiser, Paper Mario, Shining Force II, Ninja Spirit, Kirby's Dream Course, Lords of Thunder, Mega Man III
WiiWare Games I Want:  Tetris Party, Groovin' Blocks, Orbient

Games I Do Not Want:  Any Mario/Zelda/Metroid games--I still own the original cartridges and have played these games countless times.  Harvest Moon--I'm waiting for the N64 version.  Any sports, racing or fighting games (I tend not to like these genres).  Anything else is fair game!

Note:  The games I listed are merely suggestions and to give you a sample of my taste.  Don't think of this list as all-inclusive.  If you have something else you'd rather give me, feel free!  Get creative!  If you have a favorite game that you think I might like please share it.

That said, if you gift me something I absolutely do not want, I have no problem with rejecting it.  I'd rather have something I'm going to play and I'm sure you'd rather not throw your money away on something I'm not going to touch.

Also, please note that I will be out of town from December 19 to December 28.  I will not have access to my Wii.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 07:04:47 PM »
Sign-Ups will officially close Thursday Dec. 11th, so anyone still interested in joining and hasn't spoken up yet do so before Thursday

Please provide all the requiered Secret Santa info in this thread to keep things organized. I'll add friend codes to the list on the OP as they come in order to make an easy reference guide.

Heres Mine:

Wii Friend Code  =     8283 7169 9332 2685
Wii Region         =     North America/US

Game Wish List

NES                         SNES     
Kid Icarus                 Street Fighter2: Turbo
SMB: Lost Levels 

Sega Genisis          WiiWare
Shinobi III                Lost Winds
                              World Of Goo

I did the best I could to find titles across all platforms, but I'm not that familiar with the Master System, Genisis, Neo Geo or Turbo-whatever. The few titles i dont already own for N64 i either have downloaded or no interest in, so I can honestly say I don't want anything for that system.

I'm open to trying new things since thers alot of gems out there I might of never played, so surprise me if you like!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:20:49 PM by EasyCure »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
Updated Original Post with as many of your Friend Codes as i could find!

Start getting your info in folks. I think i want to get the gifts sent out by Monday Dec 15th if possible, since vudu had to make things difficult and leave on the 17th(?) and not be back till the 28th(?)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:51:11 PM by EasyCure »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 01:44:06 PM »
The 26th is a Friday, not a Monday.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm planning on sending out my gift before I leave, provided I have all the necessary info.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
The 26th is a Friday, not a Monday.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm planning on sending out my gift before I leave, provided I have all the necessary info.

I meant the 15th! i dont know where the hell 26 game from!

I'll fix that post now.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »

You got my hopes up.  All you had to do was look in the Friend Codes forum.

3896-5984-8968-1451
U.S.A.

I'm open to nearly anything.  I only don't want stuff I already own, but I'm too lazy to go through the VC catalog to point such titles out.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »

You got my hopes up.  All you had to do was look in the Friend Codes forum.

3896-5984-8968-1451
U.S.A.

I'm open to nearly anything.  I only don't want stuff I already own, but I'm too lazy to go through the VC catalog to point such titles out.

The search function is broken (and I'm mighty lazy), and I got every thing else from last years Secret Santa thread. The ones i'm missing are those who didnt participate, so its your fault!

I'll update the OP with your FC.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
You might want to wait until people confirm their friend code.  I know Smash Bro has changed his Friend Code since the Wii launched and I'm sure he can't be the only one.  We don't want anyone sending a $10 game to some random stranger who now owns SB's first console.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »
You might want to wait until people confirm their friend code.  I know Smash Bro has changed his Friend Code since the Wii launched and I'm sure he can't be the only one.  We don't want anyone sending a $10 game to some random stranger who now owns SB's first console.

Each member is responsible enough to PM me, or notifty me within this thread, if their friend code is incorrect!

At least i hope so.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 06:31:47 PM »
*ahem*

*points at his December 8 edit on his first post*

Thank you :)
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
Thanks EC for putting it on :D

Friend code: 8050-5483-5267-1398

Wants:
Lords of Thunder, The first Art Style game, Space Invaders Get Even + DLC, Mega Man 3, Star Parodier

I realize the point amounts here may not easily add up to 1500. If you only get it to add up to 12, 13, or 14 thats fine :D

And I'm open to anything else too. haha
THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:27:13 PM by DAaaMan64 »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
1088 4237 8067 5333

Alien Crush Returns
LostWinds

Castlevania

Super Castlevania IV
Secret of Mana

Sin & Punishment
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
*ahem*

*points at his December 8 edit on his first post*

Thank you :)

No, thank YOU for pointing it out to me.

Thanks EC for putting it on :D

Welcome!

So how does everyone feel about gifting on either Monday or Tuesday? I know, I know.. the weekend is coming and forum activity goes down.. but if everyones able to put their wishlist up, I know I'll be able to assign who gets who, and send PMs out by Sunday the latest. Would that work?

If you'd rather not have it be so rushed, we can just let vudu send his gift out before he leaves and we'll do our own thing later on in the week. I need your opinions, NOW!

UPDATES!

I've added everyones Friend Code to the original post. You'll notice Dasmos and RAB are missing but they don't really count since they haven't posted here much, and theres no surprise in who is gifting them.

Also: SIGN-UPS CLOSE TODAY AT 5PM EST!

If you're late to this party, please provide your info ASAP! (Wii FC, region, optional wishlist!)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
Don't worry about my thing, just schedule it how it works best for everyone else.  I have no problem with sending my gift out early and the not getting anything in return for a week and a half.

If it works better, I can wait to send out my gift until after I get back, but I didn't want whoever I get to feel left out on Christmas.

Plus, if I sent out a $15 gift, maybe the recipient will feel generous, send out an expensive present, and I'll start a chain reaction.  ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »
Don't worry about my thing, just schedule it how it works best for everyone else.  I have no problem with sending my gift out early and the not getting anything in return for a week and a half.

If it works better, I can wait to send out my gift until after I get back, but I didn't want whoever I get to feel left out on Christmas.

Plus, if I sent out a $15 gift, maybe the recipient will feel generous, send out an expensive present, and I'll start a chain reaction.  ;)

I like that logic. I'm still waiting to hear from everyone else but this thread/these forums seem to be pretty dead lately, but considering the time of year it is its understandable.

I guess what I'll do is assign gifters their giftee this weekend and if people wanna start gifting come monday/tuesday, do so, if not we'll wait.

By the way, everyone should be sure to add my friend code because depending on how generous I'm feeling the day we do send gifts out, I might send one lucky (random) participant a bonus gift. Maybe

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Second Annual Secret Santa: SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED!
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
Everyone should add everyone's friend code regardless.  If you don't have your Secret Santa's friend code entered into your system he won't be able to send you anything. 

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
pfft, know it all. You're out of the secret santa!
obviously i'm kidding

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
AWWWW dang it! Missed the sign-ups!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
EC, put Kairon in real quick. plz plz plz
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
AWWWW dang it! Missed the sign-ups!

EC, put Kairon in real quick. plz plz plz

I want to say no cuz this is the only time i have power over staff like this but... i can't resist. I miss pre-staff Kairon within the community so i'm going to allow this. Besides, we had an uneven number of participants, so this rounds it out.

Kairon post your info quick!

My car is dead so no going out tonight for me, I might send out PMs tonight to our particpants on who they have to gift. Any objections??

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »
Eh, just to let you all know, I'll be taking a plane to Colorado Springs, CO the 17th and will return the 23rd. So, I will either send my gift the 16th-17th or the 24th-25th.

:)
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: