Author Topic: Full List of GameCube Remakes Announced  (Read 25784 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Full List of GameCube Remakes Announced
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »
I just plugged them both in and they do feature Pro-Scan modes on the GameCube.

Ah okay, I stand corrected :) neither of them said on the back of the box.

I think, since Nintendo officially stopped supporting the Component Cables, they pretty much stopped advertising that some of the games used them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2008, 11:32:11 PM »
Almost all first-party GC games have progressive scan.

If you think Jungle Beat with Wii controls is a good idea, I invite you to rent DK Bongo Blast.  That'll change your mind real quick.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 02:55:27 AM »
Oooh. I have nothing to say to that, lol.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 03:00:56 AM »
Almost all first-party GC games have progressive scan.

If you think Jungle Beat with Wii controls is a good idea, I invite you to rent DK Bongo Blast.  That'll change your mind real quick.

Did you use your lap as a drum? That's the only way I could see it work.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 03:31:27 AM »
duh, can't you do the "Let's Tap" system?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 04:32:32 AM »
I love all these GameCube games. But they belong to the Cube and not the Wii (and I already own them). I'll be keeping an eye on the remakes but probably won't buy them.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 05:29:03 AM »
I don't think MP1, 2 and 3 don't look different enough that updated graphics are even worth the effort. The pricetag is a little high for what it is though.

Remember, non-American prices != American prices.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »
I don't think MP1, 2 and 3 don't look different enough that updated graphics are even worth the effort. The pricetag is a little high for what it is though.

Remember, non-American prices != American prices.

This is true, but I don't see them releasing over here for anything less than $30, and that price is too high for what it is. I think Caliban mentioned it, a MP1 & 2 combo disc for $40 would be the sweet spot for those, so $20-$25 each would be perfect.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »
I'd gladly pay $30 apiece for MP 1 & 2, I never owned them but I bought Corruption and I couldn't go back and play the first two without the third's controls. Also, because I'm an idiot, I sold the original Pikmin a long time ago and I'd love to get it back.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »

I agree about Bongo Blast.  My friend bought this for some reason and let's just say regarding worst Nintendo games it gives Kirby Air Ride a run for it's money.  I've never seen someone work so hard to convince himself he was having fun.  My friend looked so annoyed and irritated as he was playing the game all while talking about how he got it for such a good deal and it didn't "cheat" like Mario Kart.

Doesn't Samba de Amigo pretty much control like balls with the remotes?  I think Nintendo is very overly ambitious in what they think the remote is capable of replicating.  Part of the appeal of using a musical instrument controller is that it feels like an instrument.

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »
For the record, I think a remake of Donkey Konga using the Wii remote and nunchuck would play great. The problem is that using bongo controls to control a different genre is only meaningful if you have an actual bongo controller. Without that, you'll just be controlling a platformer in the least intuitive way possible.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
How bout a remake of F-Zero GX w/ Excite Truck controls!!?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »
Wouldn't that make it even harder?

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »
Wouldn't that make it even harder?
That's what she said.

And yes, it would be impossible to beat.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »
Psst... I prefer the original Pikmin.

What I really like about this program is that it forces Nintendo to differentiate their real sequels to these franchises with more than just tacked-on motion controls.  It means Pikmin 3 can't be just like Pikmin 2 with new controls -- they have to try a lot harder and actually do new things.

Thats interesting, I hope it ends up being true, with this new Nintendo you relaly never know.

I fail to see the appeal of GC games with tacked remote controls and always will be but people seem to be crazy about the idea. The more people who play Metroid Prime or Pikmin the better so I can't complain, even though for both games, specially Pikmin, the remote has little to offer since the games are perfectly designed for a GC controller.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
This is true, but I don't see them releasing over here for anything less than $30, and that price is too high for what it is. I think Caliban mentioned it, a MP1 & 2 combo disc for $40 would be the sweet spot for those, so $20-$25 each would be perfect.

It wasn't me. Halbred did mention that they should be $20 each, and I think it's a price everyone can agree with.

pikmin 2 is unopened back home...

Did you at least play the first Pikmin game?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
I do wonder if there will be an option to control the Wii re-releases with the GameCube Controllers (or Bongo Controllers, in the case of Jungle Beat)....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 01:13:08 AM »
Halbred did mention that they should be $20 each, and I think it's a price everyone can agree with.

With the notable exception of Nintendo's upper management, of course.

Seriously though, $20 is pie-in-the sky thinking. $30 is an established price point that's been proven in the marketplace already (thanks Capcom), and leaves ample room for manufacturing/shipping expenses, retailer cuts, porting costs, and some profit.

Do you guys seriously expect Nintendo to release Metroid Prime 1 at the same price as Ninjabread Man? *boggle*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 03:44:00 AM »
You know what has surprised me most about this latest string of announcements? It is like the Wii is the system of choice for bringing back respected but "forgotten" franchises like Samba, Nights, Klonoa, and even Sin and Punishment.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 08:48:58 AM »
It's too bad Samba and Nights aren't exactly high quality games.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
I would buy Geist with pointer controls. Oh, I so would buy Geist with pointer controls...

lol maybe i could finally beat the game if that was the case
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
I do wonder if there will be an option to control the Wii re-releases with the GameCube Controllers (or Bongo Controllers, in the case of Jungle Beat)....

I suspect they won't mostly because Twilight Princess didn't.  Capcom released RE4 with the option to use the classic controller but that makes sense.  Why wouldn't Capcom want to provide people with the most controller options?  But Capcom has nothing to prove, they just want the game to sell well.  Nintendo doesn't just want to sell the game they want to sell the remote concept.  They had this big song and dance about how the remote was the new standard in controllers and whether or not that's true (it isn't) they want people to think that.

Zelda didn't have the option for the classic or Gamecube controller even though they already designed controls like that for the Cube version, even though the game was originally designed with controls like that in mind.  Why?  Because if people could play the Wii version with whatever option they wish they might *gasp* prefer the classic control method or *gasp* it might reveal that the classic controls work BETTER.  Uh oh.  That kind of ruins the whole "new controller standard" thing.

Now Nintendo has offered control options for some of their Wii games like Mario Kart.  But those games were designed from the ground up for the Wii.  Nintendo can be confident in the Wii controls because they can choose to design the game however they wish.  But these games like TP were designed with Gamecube controllers in mind.  If they do not seemlessly transfer to the "new standard" Nintendo looks like chumps.  The Wii remote would be a pretty sh!tty controller standard if only games designed for it from the ground up could use it effectively.  A true controller standard would seemlessly adapt old control schemes.

Now SSB Brawl is an exception.  It doesn't make any real attempt to use the remote and is incredibly flexible with control options.  So there is the possibility of Nintendo including the original options.  And Zelda was a launch game and these aren't.  But just remember they don't just have to sell the game.  They're trying to prove the superiority of their "new controller standard".  They want these Wii versions to appear to better than the Cube ones and if they have to "hide" the Cube controls because they're better they'll do it.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
I don't know why they would deliberately stop you from using the controllers you already have. Nintendo may be intolerant at times, but not when it comes to selling old games. They don't care how you play; they just want you to buy it.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »
I don't know why they would deliberately stop you from using the controllers you already have. Nintendo may be intolerant at times, but not when it comes to selling old games. They don't care how you play; they just want you to buy it.

I thought the same thing until I rented Mario Super Sluggers.  No option to use a standard control scheme, its a complete waggle fest.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »
Was that a GC game?