Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Official Systm Requirements  (Read 12244 times)

Offline Smakian

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Twitter Feed
Re: Left 4 Dead Official Systm Requirements
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 05:45:29 AM »
Craaaap I've only got a 2.4 ghz Athlon 64 4000+. But Source hasn't choked on me yet; maybe that'll be enough... I'm moving in a couple weeks, but after that it is so very much time for me to build a new PC. I guess two and half years is the expiration date.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Mine are just the correct ones.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »
...exactly.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:15 PM »
The demo is now out (and has been for a few days). I suggest everyone go give it a try, as it is definitely entertaining. I worry how the levels will hold up after repeat play through however. I know that "The Director" is supposed to keep things interesting, but the demo map just seems too linear to really afford much deviation.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »
Just got done playing the single player demo.  I'm honestly surprised it ran so well on my PC.  Major kudos to Valve.  Sure, it looked like crap, but it sure beats upgrading.  ;D

I'm planning on trying out the multiplayer demo this weekend.  Anyone up for it?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 02:34:27 AM »
Single-player is lame. Should have just played multiplayer.

This game is the balls.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Single player really is boring as hell. I played the multiplayer and was disappointed, but I plan on giving it another try before completely dismissing it.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »
This game should've been $29.99, or at least it should have been bundled with other games just like the orange box.
It's a fun game though.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
Single-player is lame. Should have just played multiplayer.

Like I said, I didn't even think it would run on my rig, so I just wanted to see how it performed.  One thing at a time, mate.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »
Playing as the zombies is pretty close to what sex feels like.

Playing as the survivors is sadly rather vanilla.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
Maybe if you don't like the single player, you should try the single player in TF2

L4D owns

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
an xbox 360, solved!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 04:54:12 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »
in the short term the graphics of the pc version are waaaaaay better, in the long run their about the same. pc has keyboard mouse advantage though
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »
in the short term the graphics of the pc version are waaaaaay better, in the long run their about the same

What?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »
ShyGUy. what is the version of Left4Dead that has patches available? It's the same one that has the full game right there unlocked. That is $10 cheaper. The one that doesn't play with dual analogues.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »
Me? I haven't even posted in this thread? But yeah, PC is the preferred platform. (?)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 02:31:24 AM »
I am not impressed by this game.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
OK, I'm officially calling this the best multiplayer game of the year.  The single player is blah, but the multiplayer modes really shine.  The 4 player co-op is a lot of fun and quite challenging, but the real deal is in the versus mode.  4 infected vs 4 survivors.  Your "gamer sense" gets thrown for a loop when dealing with human controlled undead.  I forget sometimes that my opponent knows what I have to do and where I need to go.

Case in point, I was rear guard for my party and we were leaving the sewers via a open manhole cover.  My teammates cleared the street of zombies and told me to join them.  Don't you know the moment I got onto the street a Hunter leaped out from behind a car dropping me back into the sewers and pinning me to the ground unable to move.  I'm screaming like a little girl in panic only to find out that my teammates got puked on by a Boomer and couldn't get to me.

Only evil and conniving people could ever have thought up that strategy.  Human>AI for a long time to come.

This game really is best played with friends.  Actually, make that friends with mics.  Playing with random people usually ends up as a bust, but getting 7 people you know are cool makes all the difference.  That being said, if anyone wants to play with me and my friends, send me an invite.  My Xbox Gamertag is MNC Dover.

Can't wait to get back to playing!  Later!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »
in the short term the graphics of the pc version are waaaaaay better, in the long run their about the same. pc has keyboard mouse advantage though

The graphics will probably be much better on the PC in the longrun. Valve has a tendency to release pretty frequent patches in order to keep their games looking good nowadays. Go play through Half-Life 2 again, it looks better than ever. Regardless, the keyboard/mouse advantage is such a great one that little else matters when comparing. ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:03:17 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
OK, I'm officially calling this the best multiplayer game of the year.  The single player is blah, but the multiplayer modes really shine.  The 4 player co-op is a lot of fun and quite challenging, but the real deal is in the versus mode.  4 infected vs 4 survivors.  Your "gamer sense" gets thrown for a loop when dealing with human controlled undead.  I forget sometimes that my opponent knows what I have to do and where I need to go.

Case in point, I was rear guard for my party and we were leaving the sewers via a open manhole cover.  My teammates cleared the street of zombies and told me to join them.  Don't you know the moment I got onto the street a Hunter leaped out from behind a car dropping me back into the sewers and pinning me to the ground unable to move.  I'm screaming like a little girl in panic only to find out that my teammates got puked on by a Boomer and couldn't get to me.

Only evil and conniving people could ever have thought up that strategy.  Human>AI for a long time to come.

This game really is best played with friends.  Actually, make that friends with mics.  Playing with random people usually ends up as a bust, but getting 7 people you know are cool makes all the difference.  That being said, if anyone wants to play with me and my friends, send me an invite.  My Xbox Gamertag is MNC Dover.

Can't wait to get back to playing!  Later!

I just played the demo on the 360. I downloaded it a while ago and never got to it. Just did the single player, it was intense, but repetitive at the end.

The multiplayer sounds great though. If I check out the full game I'll definately send a request. And if you ever try out Gears 2 multi drop me one. I love the Horde mode and wish I had more online friends playing it.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 01:15:14 PM »
OK, I'm officially calling this the best multiplayer game of the year.  The single player is blah, but the multiplayer modes really shine.  The 4 player co-op is a lot of fun and quite challenging, but the real deal is in the versus mode.  4 infected vs 4 survivors.  Your "gamer sense" gets thrown for a loop when dealing with human controlled undead.
hey cool thanks for the input doctor multiplayer. fortunately my gamer sense includes anticipation. what's your steam id bro?
My Xbox Gamertag is MNC Dover.
oh

lol

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 01:24:16 PM »
Seriously though, I couldn't resist trolling that post, it was just too easy. I will seriouspost this for your consideration, however:
- L4D does seriously own.
- PC version supremacy. I probably would not consider a console version even if I did not have a hot PC.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 02:19:40 AM »
Seriously though, I couldn't resist trolling that post, it was just too easy. I will seriouspost this for your consideration, however:
- L4D does seriously own.
- PC version supremacy. I probably would not consider a console version even if I did not have a hot PC.

The reasons I went w/the 360 version:
-The 360 version is what most of my friends are playing on (10 potential players instead of 2)
-My comp won't run most current games and I won't be getting a new one until Starcraft 2 arrives (so yeah, maybe 2009.)
-Lan modes are a bit easier with split screen for my house.  I only need 1 extra tv and 3 systems.
-the "all-in-one" factor makes it a lot easier to get games going.  Xbox Live is full of idiots, but it is pretty much idiot proof.  My friends and I just want to fire up a game and go without having to worry about finding a specific server, setting up voice chat, etc.  We love gaming, but not the hassle involved...if only I could get a mouse/keyboard somehow...

Anyways...to each there own I suppose.  The reality is that this is going to be a lot of fun for a long time to come.  I'll pick it up off Steam later when I upgrade my computer.

Although even L4D will be taking a back seat to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix come Wednesday.  Spinning Bird Kick!!   :D
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988