Author Topic: Mafia XXVII: Mad Science. Sign-ups are closed!  (Read 11631 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVII: Mad Science. Sign-ups begin now!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »
What the hell?  A Khush Hosted Mafia game again so soon.

Khush-hosted games are my favorite because that means he can't play.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
yarr I will be:

FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »
Yeah, I kno I just disappeared out of the blue, sorry bout that.  I just started to get a little worn out and took a break for a while.  So yesterday i came just for a peek, and I saw that I was just in time to sign up for a khush hosted mafia, so why not put the mafia hat back on.

Anyway, So that I do not arouse suspicion later on, I'm sure you guys are still doing "townie alliances."  or whatever you youngin's call 'em these days.  Anyway I'm gonna take this chance before the roles are handed out to tell you noobs not to immediately suspect me when I do not give up my role.  If you want me to give up my role you will have to work very very very hard to earn my trust first. This prevents me from telling my good role to the mafia, or makes it sound plausible if I am lying to the townies.

In other words.  Get used to these words "I am a townie." Khush could attest to this.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »
Still need a teammate.

Edit:  Duh, I'll be Dr. Mario.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »
Hmmm ... yeah....

I was without power for a whole day, thinking I was missing something big or something, and

NOTHING!

What's the plan, stan?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
I changed my mind. I will be Dr. Meredith Rodney Mckay.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
Recent events have made me change again, third time's the charm.

I can't think of a better choice than an eccentric genius with delusions of godhood that's responsible for billions of deaths and the near-extinction of the human race. Gaius Baltar is also perfect for Mafia because he is completely self-serving and will sell out every person he ever knew and several that he didn't if it will get him ahead.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:24:10 PM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Count me..... umm what were we doing? Oh yes, my new invention the nuclear torture ray! Capable of blasting the whole galaxy with pain waves.

Ahem...

i'm not too sure i really wanna be bound to yet another mafia so soon but...

when else could i RP as THE proffessor! (futurama, avatar to come)

AHEM!!!

where the **** is stevey?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 08:00:05 PM »
I posted that sign-ups would run until this saturday. There are always a few people who sign-up near the end and by posting so far in advance maybe more will notice and have the chance to sign-up. In one day, we nearly equaled the amount of people who signed up for the last mafia. I figured we'd have 20 players by now but nothing's happened since.

I guess invites are the way to go. Plus, my invites contain blackmail so it helps. I wish I could meet the man who invented blackmail so that I could thank him and then blackmail him to show him who's boss.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2008, 10:25:15 PM »
Sign-ups seem to be nearly over.  No one else is planning on participating?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »
actually i believe i'll be bowing out of this one fellas, due to my problem of not being able to log on from home...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »
Alright. So, with low turn-out, which shocks me, there are two ways to go about htis game. Crazy with zany roles ala Mafia 12, the one day mafia or very skeleton and serious with barely any roles.

Guess which way I'm going? That's right. Skeleton. Everyone knows how the game works and everyone playing is pretty much a pro with a few still honing their craft, I think we can go up to hard mode.

The roles are simple and will follow the Bond Mafia example. With Easycure out due to computer trouble (of which stevey is the prime suspect in order to claim Dr. Farnsworth as his character), the number of player is 12. The number of mafia will be 3. That means if everything goes perfect for the mafia, this game will end in 3 days.

To counteract that, the townies have one role or gadget, the truth serum. This is nothing more than the basic cop role, able to investigate daily. The twist is that the godfather cannot hide. Therefore, every day the truth serum is used, the investigator will have for sure located either a friend or foe, meaning that as the game goes on, a powerful townie alliance could emerge to spell the end of the mafia.

The mafia has no special beyond their ability to make a hit.

Now, for the twist. There's always a twist with me.

One of the biggest challenges in mafia is the days. When should they end and when should they begin? How do you make it fair for the international players. Often times, this game skews in favor of those who live on the west side of the Americas since they are often able to stay on until the end of the game and so can control what happens to that point.

Therefore, in order to allow everyone to have a chance to be able to affect a day's outcome and night actions, I propose that the day's end at 8 pm Eastern time. And then the next day begin an hour or so after. I think this should work for everyone playing and give them a chance to be on before the day ends.

We'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

So, there you have it. Any other details I feel need to be discussed I will bring to your attention. Roles will go out in an hour.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVII: Mad Science. Sign-ups are closed!
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
I am all for the proposed rules.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
looks like my i'm back on the site but i'll still be bowing out of this mafia. Shame too, but i dont wanna risk ruining the game by not being able to participate due to internet issues.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »
Excuses, excuses.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.