Author Topic: Soul Calibur IV First Impressions  (Read 19138 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Soul Calibur IV First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
Soul Bumpibur FOUR

Finally tried this on the PS3 last night. Felt very similar to SC3 to me. Graphics are good, but I didn't like much of the character designs and costumes. Story mode is pretty weak but Character creation mode is fantastic.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 12:07:10 AM »
Five dollars for work that was already completed during the normal development cycle. Five dollars for something that is already on the disc. Hrrnrndndddrrrrrr

The worst part is that some fans are actually forgiving Namco because they can finally get the last character.

I'm not that easy to impress. The character is already on the disc. We knew that for a while now. Namco could have easily included all three characters and still keep the fanfare.

This isn't SC II, people, where the exclusive characters were indeed exclusive to the consoles. The Star Wars characters are universal enough that no exclusivity was needed.

But they decided to follow a cheap marketing gimmick and ram DLC down our throats in order to get a complete game.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2008, 12:25:16 AM »
I remember when the Naboo Starfighter was revealed to be in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on N64.  That was a well-kept secret, and how surprise bonuses should be handled.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.