Author Topic: Wii 2/Revolution? Xbox 720? PS4? Oh my!  (Read 76910 times)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wii 2/Revolution? Xbox 720? PS4? Oh my!
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
Thanks Kairon =D Ricolas work wonders (though my bag is slowly depleting!!!)

insanolord as always it's a pleasure to read your points and I agree with you.

RE:4 and Metroid are great examples of how the wiimote as a pointer works fantastic =)
So much so that it pains me RE:5 won't be making its way to the Wii =(

The grappling beam is a great example of how new controls work really well and in this case it didn't feel like waggle at all.

It's fair to say that its unfair of me to judge the Wii unworthy of winning thing gen and indeed the industry isn't fair . . . but of course you knew my one weakness and brought up the DC ::tears::

Kairons sig makes this all the more better haha

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
Kairons sig makes this all the more better haha

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
The pointer is the big control revolution of the Wii, at least for traditional games.
Lol mouse controls aren't revolutionary.

in the case of Metroid, regarding waggle, can you sit there with a straight face and say using motion controls for the grapple beam wasn't awesome?
It would've been nice if the "pull" gesture had actually worked consistently.
GOREGASM!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »
The pointer is the big control revolution of the Wii, at least for traditional games.
Lol mouse controls aren't revolutionary.
If you want to get picky accelerometers have been used before, too. It is revolutionary as part of the primary controller of a game console.

in the case of Metroid, regarding waggle, can you sit there with a straight face and say using motion controls for the grapple beam wasn't awesome?
It would've been nice if the "pull" gesture had actually worked consistently.
It did for me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
If you want to get picky accelerometers have been used before, too. It is revolutionary as part of the primary controller of a game console.
I don't.  Using a mouse for gaming has been prevalent for many years.  Accelerometers haven't.
GOREGASM!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
Okay, I'll take over, but I don't think people like arguing with me as much as they do with you Mashiro. Hope ya get better!

thats BS /CRYON, i've been calling you out for ever!

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words          words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

theres a peephole in my wall of text so i can keep an eye on you....
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline user0x7D

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2008, 01:39:14 AM »
Okay, I had another huge retort but I decided not to post it. I tend to forget that most people don't look at things like I do. I see things from high above. I look at the massive picture. I turn almost everything into a philosophical conversation and then I don't realize that most people have no idea what I'm talking about or where I'm coming from.

I need to find some place where people like to have really deep convoluted conversations without getting rilled up over having their values questioned...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2008, 03:31:11 AM »
Okay, I had another huge retort but I decided not to post it. I tend to forget that most people don't look at things like I do. I see things from high above. I look at the massive picture. I turn almost everything into a philosophical conversation and then I don't realize that most people have no idea what I'm talking about or where I'm coming from.

I need to find some place where people like to have really deep convoluted conversations without getting rilled up over having their values questioned...

GIVE.

I mean uh... PM me that big retort. You've piqued my curiousity, and I love big discussions, especially philosophical ones.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »

NEVERMIND I'M JUST TOO SMART FOR YOUS GUYS C-YA I WIN!
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2008, 12:24:33 AM »
so did my post go unnoticed again?
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »
Every single time I see this thread I question what I would want to see in Wii 2.

I want it to be compatible as much as possible with the original Wii.

Transfer over VC and WiiWare games, Classic and nunchuk support within new Wii Remote.

Then I ask if I even want another controller.  And I do...but I would rather Nintendo develop a better motion sensor and sensor bar that could be compatible with the original Wii Remotes...so I would not have to buy everything over again.

In the end, as along as the nunchuks and  Classic controllers are compatible I can live with buying 4 new controllers.

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2008, 12:14:25 AM »
Well, that's how these companies make money, eh? They change everything, and make it not compatible, so you have to buy new everythings...
I didn't know everything could be plural... It probably wasn't meant to be....
Whatever.
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2008, 11:29:19 PM »
Nintendo profits off its consoles, so as long as they make you buy them, they're good.
MS and Sony would be more likely to rely on their attach rate to make money next gen (as they have in past gen(s)).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2008, 02:32:02 AM »
Nintendo profits off its consoles, so as long as they make you buy them, they're good.
MS and Sony would be more likely to rely on their attach rate to make money next gen (as they have in past gen(s)).

Thats true about sony and microsoft because they sell their console at a loss while Nintendo sells them at a profit or a small loss. Sony and Microsoft's route they rely on royalties, 1st party game sales, accessory sales to bring in the profit.

Every single time I see this thread I question what I would want to see in Wii 2.

I want it to be compatible as much as possible with the original Wii.

Transfer over VC and WiiWare games, Classic and nunchuk support within new Wii Remote.

In the end, as along as the nunchuks and  Classic controllers are compatible I can live with buying 4 new controllers.

This could be very possible as long as Nintendo doesn't abandon the expansion slot in the controller.

Also I can see Nintendo allowing you to d/l Wiiware and VC games on to Nintendo's next console because you can tie your Wii Shop account to your mynintendo.com account which shows you what games you registered (digital titles are automatically registered for you).
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
heres how its going to work oput this generation

Wii had a massive initial sucess, but will soon steady, then of course there will be slight spikes in userbase with price cuts
Xbox 360 has a  solid userbase that will very slowly increase
playstation 3 had a slow start, but will eventually snowball exponentially as blueray becomes more popular.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »
are you some kind of wacko analyst or something?

Who's quote did you copy that from?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2008, 05:06:46 PM »
I want the Wii 2 to have games that shoot lasers at me.  These lasers must be then dodged to avoid serious consequences.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
I want the Wii 2 to have games that shoot lasers at me.  These lasers must be then dodged to avoid serious consequences.

That would give new meaning to the slogan Now You're Playing With Power

J.P. Corbran

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
All I want in the next Wii is making it as compatible as possible with the original Wii games and Wii Ware and Virtual Console.

Then, I want HD Graphics at an affordable price...and a better storage solution.  That is all.

Obviously, I understand controller innovations are needed...and I hope that they are less in design changes and more in perfecting functionality to make the Wii play more like we dreamed it would after seeing the first Promo video.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »
Well since we are throwing practicallity out the window and going with what we want from the next console I can go with that.

Here is what I would like, not that I expect it.

First ditch the Wii name, come up with something closer to the idea of Revolution.

Second, make the damn thing BLACK from the start.

3rd, screw all the HD haters, HD is nto the standard yet but it's gaining momentum and I wish Wii was HD already so the next console better damn well at least offer 720p if not full 1080p HD.

4th Keep the controller exactly how it is, work on the classic controller though.

5th, built in mass storage device (by mass storage I mean at least 10GB or higher please) I am not exactly opposed to the idea of external HDD's but a larger internal storage media should be beneficial.

6th, remember when we got excited because the Wii was gonna have a system friend code and that would do away with having friend codes for individual games, yeah bring that system back to reality please and thank you.

7th, I saw these cool I-Pod glasses on Modern Marvels, find a way to make those work with the next console and you have a true VR experience.

8th, some real Surround Sound support damn it to friggin hell!

9th, find a way to transfer your VC/Wiiware titles to the new system.

10th, ditch the GC backwards compatibility and focus on making a more powerful console.

11th, if they're gonna have an internet channel or web browser, at least keep the fucking flash players up to date! God nothing pisses me off more about the Wii than having Flash Player 7 when every website on the planet except youtube is already using 8 or higher.

12th, I really, really, really want a TRUE Duck Hunt sequel or remake to come out and be included in the next pack in, screw Wii Sports, give us a Duck Hunt game and maybe a few other mini games but I want Duck Hunt damn it.

That is all.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »

10th, ditch the GC backwards compatibility and focus on making a more powerful console.

Why do you want Nintendo to remove functionality in exchange for something when we could have a more powerful console that also plays GameCube games? Especially if we're not taking practicality into account.

J.P. Corbran

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »
because first off, GC and Wii consoles are in abundance at the moment so there is no reason to include the function in a new console. Second the added cost of keeping the hardware in tact means they will likely skimp out on something else to keep cost down.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »
I would have to agree with all of your points Rat especially the Flash Player. I like to watch anime with my wii recently I was watching Ah! My Goddess!! and I had to stop at episode 8 of the first season. I have to go to my grandmothers house to watch it now.
Now about wii2. I found this story.
http://gonintendo.com/?p=47083
Do you think this a possibility for next gen? Or do you think that it will be to expensive for the average consumer?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »
Irregardless of expense, I don't think the average consumer is ready to strap something onto their head, not yet.  Wii was nervous of using more than a couple buttons, and I think 'mind control' would scare any 'non-gamer'.  Maybe in 15-20 years after brain-controlled technology is at least heard-of.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile