Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 495958 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2125 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »
Yeah, I see that sky way too many times. Either that or stuck in a screen that's not full loaded. Reminds me of those 3D games from waaaay back.
Mission...complete?

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
If that happens don't quit the game, just wait for the current game to end then you will go to the lobby and it will work on the next game. It hasn't happened to me in the past few days. It did a lot at first but not recently.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 09, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
If that happens don't quit the game, just wait for the current game to end then you will go to the lobby and it will work on the next game. It hasn't happened to me in the past few days. It did a lot at first but not recently.

I did that and then it was too full for me to play in the next game... not sure how that happened.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 09, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »
I don't know... Worked every time for me. I think they have done some work on the matchmaking servers in the past few days. Stratos and I played team matches and every time it would put us on the same team. Where as before a few days earlier it was more random and we would get a mix of same and different teams. They can easily do stuff like changing the matchmaking to put friends on teams since the matchmaking is all server based. I have also noticed connecting to all the players in the lobby has seemed to speed up a bit too.

When was the last time you tried?
~David~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 09, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »
The last I tried, you were the person I was playing. Remember I lagged out cause my internet died. I think that was back on the 2nd or 3rd.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 09, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »
And that was your internet not the game right? We will have to play again!
~David~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 09, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »
It was kind of funny I was playing a team game last night and when I died I did not respawn, the timer kept on resetting. Finally all of my team died and didn't respawn either so the opposing team (who was left at least) just ran around the whole time. I had to turn off my console to get out of it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:45:57 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 09, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »
Yes we will, I think my router issue is solved, but I won't be sure till I test it out online.
Its having issues handshaking with my wireless card downstairs, but thats an entirely other issue.

It was kind of funny I was playing a team game last night and when I died I did not respond the timer kept on resetting. Finally all of my team died and didn't respond either so the opposing team (who was left at least) just ran around the whole time. I had to turn off my console to get out of it.

I think the word you were looking for was "respawn".

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
Yes we will, I think my router issue is solved, but I won't be sure till I test it out online.
Its having issues handshaking with my wireless card downstairs, but thats an entirely other issue.

It was kind of funny I was playing a team game last night and when I died I did not respond the timer kept on resetting. Finally all of my team died and didn't respond either so the opposing team (who was left at least) just ran around the whole time. I had to turn off my console to get out of it.

I think the word you were looking for was "respawn".

DOn't know what you are talking about.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 09, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »
I could be wrong, but it sounded like you were saying that your character didn't respawn so instead of rejoining the game, you had to watch. The same thing happened with all your team mates(died and didn't respawn) so the other team was running around without anybody to shoot.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 09, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

It doesn't work everytime. I think my theory of the game booking too many players is true. I only have the glitch when I join a game that is full. So that may be where the issue is.

And Kraken, I think that matchmaking was luck. I was playing with Lindy and Adolph yesterday and we almost were never on the same teams. After Adolph left Lindy and I still never got on the same team until I lost my connection a couple of games later.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #2136 on: July 09, 2009, 06:23:01 PM »
Before I was upset it went from 16 players to 12... but thank god they did -_-

The worst part of the lag is you don't know if you are lagging or the other person is....
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 09, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »

It doesn't work everytime. I think my theory of the game booking too many players is true. I only have the glitch when I join a game that is full. So that may be where the issue is.

And Kraken, I think that matchmaking was luck. I was playing with Lindy and Adolph yesterday and we almost were never on the same teams. After Adolph left Lindy and I still never got on the same team until I lost my connection a couple of games later.

When did you play yesterday? You should have posted!
~David~

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21:32 PM »
nobody was online a few hours ago so I went back into single player to get secrets.

Damn Jefferson monument ! I got all the blue things, but I was missing 1 hidden message. I am guessing I got the message but I died after and didn't find a checkpoint so it didn't count. GRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm playing on harder setting than normal but still looking everywhere for things and not finding it all but 1.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 09, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
nobody was online a few hours ago so I went back into single player to get secrets.

Damn Jefferson monument ! I got all the blue things, but I was missing 1 hidden message. I am guessing I got the message but I died after and didn't find a checkpoint so it didn't count. GRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm playing on harder setting than normal but still looking everywhere for things and not finding it all but 1.

That's funny, I did the same thing just now and am missing one message as well. I'm wondering if I missed a crack in a wall somewhere I could blow up because there was one like that on the Streets level that had a Trust weapons cashe and a hidden message.

@Kraken
I was on from like 2-5:30AM. I doubt anyone was awake. It also let me whale on all these bronze noobs without serious competition ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 09, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »
I see what you did there
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:33:30 AM by Dirk Temporo »
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »
Before I was upset it went from 16 players to 12... but thank god they did -_-

The worst part of the lag is you don't know if you are lagging or the other person is....

You, know, I wonder if they saw the issues with the game having more than 12 and so they removed the 16 player thing, but didn't quite remove all of the programming for it so the online matchmaking service still tries to let 16 people play and anyone above #12 who connects gets the lock up issue. Hope it is resolved for Grinder. It gets quite annoying.
My Game Collection

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »
I'm currently making my way through the 5th mission: the White House.  One thing's for sure: I'm definitely a fan of the Carbonizer.  Pity its ammo is so rare.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 10, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »
And that's that for mission 5, definitely a highlight in the campaign so far despite running into a nasty glitch halfway through where that "red eye" zoom lens on the drudge weaponry suddenly appeared over my screen when I was NOT in zoom mode.  Then when I died after that the game locked up.  Geez this game is glitchy at times.  I'm really starting to get annoyed with these secret messages, though.  Once again I got all the trust data and something like 4-5 secret messages and I STILL missed one somewhere.  Ugh.  I had some trouble with the rose garden, mainly because it took me a while to notice that there were 3 of those pods on the white house exterior itself.  Still, nothing too bad, though human weapons are nearly useless in these campaigns.  I did have to laugh at how Ford appears inside one of those Trust vaults in the Pentagon for the next mission, as it really does make you wonder how he got in there when the room was sealed.  Does the resistance now have transporters now?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:44 AM »
You know there's a "modify" button.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: July 10, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »
You know there's a "modify" button.

*cricket sound*

Hmm..for a moment there it sounded like someone insignificant was being anal retentive.  Must have just been the wind.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2146 on: July 10, 2009, 02:14:00 AM »
I'm finally experimenting with control alternatives.  Right now, I've got:

A: Jump, B: Lock, C: Melee, Z: Fire, L: Crouch, D: Change weapon, R: Zoom, U: Reload, -: Change Grenade, +: ASE, 1: Stats, 2: Pause, Nunchuk: Grenade, Remote: Spin

The bounding box minimized and sensitivities are maximized.

I know it's a little weird to split up the gun controls between two hands, but it means that all of my attacks are now on one hand with easy access.  It also frees any potential wobble on my targeting hand except for spinning around, in which case, I wouldn't be on target anyway.  I've moved my grip to the D-pad/A instead of A/+/- to facilitate this new scheme.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 10, 2009, 06:00:09 AM »
So I finally beat the single player story, definitely sets itself up for a sequel. My play time was about 12 hours. Does that include my multiplayer time?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 10, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
It's finally out, I bought it at noon, in the store they didn't even have it on the shelves yet, only on a trolley that was probably meant for stocking the shelves. My first annoyance was that I couldn't bind the remote to reload but that was fairly minor.

Anyway, after some SP play I went into a multiplayer match. Man, it felt like I have to upgrade my system, the framerate was piss poor and enemy movement was jumpy making the whole thing pretty much unplayable. It felt like the last time I tried to play FEAR online which was just plain terrible. I hope that goes away, it'd suck if the main component of the game was useless. Scratch that, it'd be plain fucking horrible if I ended up with a 50€ game that's almost worthless.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 10, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
sorry about your experience.  But since it just came out in Europe (right?) maybe the matches are really far spread apart where as in the USA the games seem pretty good so far..   less my suckiness.