Author Topic: GoldenEye 007 Was Heading to Xbox Live Arcade  (Read 15027 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE: GoldenEye 007 Was Heading to Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:26 AM »
I say N and MS release it at the same time with the same feature set(online multi) on XBLA & WiiWare.
But, MS also has to let PD with improved frame rate and online multi release to WiiWare and XBLA at the same time too.

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade the visuals in both titles either, some new textures and increased resolution would help alot.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:GoldenEye 007 Was Heading to Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 02:05:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Perfect Dark was ahead of its time back then, offering dual-controller dual-analog DOUBLE-PENETRATING controls, LONG BEFORE Nintendo embarrassed the world with its split Remote/Nunchuck scheme.

GoldenEye did it too
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 05:53:10 PM »
Is the issue between Microsoft (who owns Rare) and Nintendo?  Nothing like Sony's stake in the James Bond movie license or Activision (I think)'s current ownership of the James Bond video games?

'Cause I would like to see how this affects other Rare games if it's not about Bond specifically.

Despite Banjo-Kazoothree (or whatever it's going to be called) destined for the Xbox 360, I feel the Banjo-Kazooie games would "fit" better on the VC.  Of course, that's just my opinion...

I never owned GoldenEye 007, but still played the heck out of it at a friend's.  I would like it on the Wii (obviously), even if the controls seem antiquated now...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2008, 01:25:42 AM »
as much as i'd love to see Goldeneye 007 on wii rather than than XBL, i dont think i'd enjoy it as much simply because of the controller set up. I wouldnt feel right playing it with a GC controller or the classic controller. It took awhile for me to get used to playing mario kart 64, starfox 64 and sin & punishment with both those pads, but goldeneye.. i cant see myself adjusting that easily.

the 64 controller was so unique and the way the Z trigger was positioned right behind the control stick made for such a natural way to aim and fire a gun. it was pretty intuitive (despite your character holding the gun and pulling the trigger on the opposite hand.. assuming you're right handed and had your left hand on the trigger). Also the controll stick would be awkward for "looking" and strafing because it acts as digital buttons vs the analog stick that it is.  
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
RE: GoldenEye 007 Was Heading to Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

--Bureau of Internet Morality
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:20:39 AM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality