Author Topic: A year later......  (Read 14058 times)

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE:A year later......
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 03:33:11 AM »
@Rhoq

I had the same problem with my Wii the good news is that I got it back in a week. I guess is a known issue

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: A year later......
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »
The beginning of the year was pretty rough...basically none of the games Nintendo promised made it out.

Other than that, I'm really happy.  I love the controller, and there are at least 10 games I would like to buy in this last quarter of 07, I really can't ask for more than that, I don't have time!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 03:56:07 AM »
A year later, I still love the console, but it doesn't really have THAT game on it yet. You know, THAT game, the game which you can just turn the Wii on and everyone assumes we'll be playing it.

It might be SSBB, but we'll see.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Gorgonian

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 04:04:22 AM »
I am very hopeful for the next year of Wii titles.  The thing that has given me the most hope is the preview of Pro Evolution Soccer for Wii.  When I first learned about the controls the Wii would be utilizing, I imagined ways it could be used in any types of games.  When I thought of sports games, I thought of controlling the player's movement with the nunchuk and controlling the aiming of a pass with the wii remote's pointing ability.  Pro Evolution Soccer is the first thing I've seen that uses something close to that, and it looks amazing.  If you haven't seen the preview video for the Wii controls in that game, you should check it out (I can't link to it now since I'm at work and most video sites are blocked).  This gives me hope that some games will be pushing the innovative control system side of the Wii which is quite necessary for the Wii to have as big an impact as it should on console gaming.

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 04:40:59 AM »

Originally posted by: RedBlue
@Rhoq

I had the same problem with my Wii the good news is that I got it back in a week. I guess is a known issue

Did they repair your Wii or send you a brand-new one? I opted to send it in for repair because I didn't want to lose any of my Virtual Console games. Also, I find it complete bullsh*t that some game save data is forbidden from being backed-up to an SD card (ie. Guitar Hero III and most VC save fiels).
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 04:53:37 AM »
"Do you still have that same amount of hype for the future you had before the Wii launched?"

I had very little hype before so obviously I have more now.

"Are you giddy with anticipation for the next couple of years?"

Only moderately so.  I'm looking forward to the first party games but literally nothing else.  They can sell all the Wii's they want but so far the lineup has still been on a game every couple months basis comparable to the N64 and Gamecube.  For me anyway.

"Was the Wii less than what you expected?"

Considering I thought the Wii was a complete joke the first time the remote was revealed the Wii is WAY more than I expected by actually lasting a whole year without being in the bargain bin.  That fact that it's number one is insane.

I eagerly await Super Mario Galaxy but my birthday is December 1 so I put it on my birthday/Christmas list.  It's good because then someone else can pay for it but it sucks because I have to WAIT LONGER.  ARRRGGH!!!

"I've got the best 3D Zelda"

Best 3D Zelda?  Did you buy Ocarina of Time on the VC?  Okay I actually think Majora's Mask is the best but then my joke doesn't work.

And I think Super Mario Sunshine was plenty innovative.  It's just that the innovation was lame as hell.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 07:24:32 AM »
I'm going to hate admitting this...but I never beat Super Mario Sunshine.  I plan to remedy that this week before Galaxy.  I bought Sunshine on the day it was released, but I was buying 3 to 5 games at a time.  

Back to topic:  My brother and I went to 5 different Targets at 3 o'clock in the morning after our bouncing gig right before it was released.  We bought 2 Wii's...and it was well worth the sleep deprivation and hunger.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 07:27:03 AM »
Ian has the best back handed compliments ever!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 04:27:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Rhoq

Originally posted by: RedBlue
@Rhoq

Did they repair your Wii or send you a brand-new one? I opted to send it in for repair because I didn't want to lose any of my Virtual Console games. Also, I find it complete bullsh*t that some game save data is forbidden from being backed-up to an SD card (ie. Guitar Hero III and most VC save fiels).

I had it repaired because of my VC games and it came back in exactly 7 days and that includes a weekend I was so happy that I went and got Guitar Hero the same day it came back

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: A year later......
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »
BUMP

I thought I'd bring this back.

The Wii has the most potential of all the other systems, I expect 2009 to be even bigger than this year.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 12:13:03 AM »
Confirmed Localization
Wii Sports Resort
Tenchu IV
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
The Conduit
MadWorld
Rune Factory Frontier
Arc Rise Fantasia
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Sonic & The Black Knight
Cursed Mountain

Still Waiting
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Fatal Frame 4
Fragile
Captain Rainbow
Kizuna

Those are the bigger games so far that I can think of off the top of my head...Hopefully TGS will reveal a bunch more...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:04 AM »
It's become so much i'm only thinking about the next month or two. I'm buried in games and trying  to survive. I don't even want to think of 2009. That will probably be the year my GC collection is surpassed in numbers. Scary.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
Confirmed Localization
Wii Sports Resort
Tenchu IV
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
The Conduit
MadWorld
Rune Factory Frontier
Arc Rise Fantasia
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Sonic & The Black Knight
Cursed Mountain

Still Waiting
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Fatal Frame 4
Fragile
Captain Rainbow
Kizuna

Those are the bigger games so far that I can think of off the top of my head...Hopefully TGS will reveal a bunch more...

Tales?

Oh and do you think Monster Hunter will make a 09 release?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »
Monster Hunter is only 30% complete, so I'd question a 2009 localized release, if it even is at all...And which Tales did you mean?  The NEXT one after Dawn of the New World?  I doubt that will be out next year anywhere...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 12:51:29 AM »
Whoops, I thought Tales wasn't releasing this year.

30% you say? Damn. That would have made an impressive November release.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........I just thought of something. Camelot needs a new project; I wonder what they are working on....

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »
We Love Tennis.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 01:18:41 AM »
We Love Flops

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 01:21:30 AM »
too easy

Who knows though? Maybe Motion+ was just the kick in the ass they needed.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »
They are working on Golden Sun...Golden Suuuuuuuuun! >=|

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »
I have no idea why they wouldn't be. Not only is there a lack of RPG's, but Golden Sun is equal to money. If you make Golden Sun, you make money.

Plus, the Wii is absolutely ideal. At first, I thought the DS would be the system to have the next Golden Sun, but it's clear now; the Wii has the potential to make the most interactive RPG ever (and truly blow all others out of the water).

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »
Whoops, I thought Tales wasn't releasing this year.

30% you say? Damn. That would have made an impressive November release.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........I just thought of something. Camelot needs a new project; I wonder what they are working on....

Stogi, I already have 5 games in November that I want.Mushroom Men,Call of Duty:World at War,Tales of Symphonia:Dawn of the New World,Sonic Unleashed and Chrono Trigger DS.Mushroom Men,Tales of Symphonia:DotNW and Call of Duty:WAW come out on the same day.November 11th. I don't need anymore games coming out.

As for how the Wii is doing the third party situation has improved from last year.Although last year was good, this year is better.2009 looks even better.

The Rpg and fighting genres have improved a little from last year.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 01:58:54 AM »
Your actually buying Sonic Unleashed without waiting for reviews? But...But....It looks so terrible!

I'd expect Kairon to be all over it, but you?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 02:09:00 AM »
From what I've seen I like. I wanted to buy Alone in the Dark but it got poor reviews so  I decided against it.So my stance with Sonic Unleashed is I am hastily hesitant meaning I am excited but I will wait for reviews.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 02:25:30 AM »
lol reviews

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
Kingdom Hearts three please!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram