Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103916 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
Isn't it time to update the thread title?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »
Yeah, this is hardly Mario Power Tennis GC.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:01 PM »
Woo boy, I just saw Sheva's voice actor...HOT! I got immediate boneage. Usually the voice actors are not that hot, but I liked this woman a lot. She reminds me of a Black Tori Amos(I love Tori Amos).
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
You guys should watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHphbDDTGB8&feature=channel_page

More fun than the actual game :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:55 AM »
Latest addition of Sheva's-AI-is-total-garbage:

I got to this cave where either Chris or Sheva can hold up a lantern. If you carry it, Sheva will waste all of her ammo. If Sheva carries the lantern, 90% of the time she shine it directly onto Chris.
I miss Leon's cheesy one-liners.  :(
Yeah, I know.
Yeah Jill's better off dead.
So is Daisy....

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #405 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »
Now its getting personal...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2009, 01:49:58 AM »
I visited some friends today and they recommended giving Sheva the stun prod after you get it and taking away all her guns. Give her all the health too.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
I haven't actually picked up the game yet.  I wasn't sold on the demo and unless anyone here says otherwise, I think I'll wait for a price drop or pick it up as a rental.

Here are a few comics we did for RE5:

Our artist didn't make Chris' arms quite as big as we wanted them.  The idea was that he'd look like the Tank from L4D.  Oh well.

This is more of a slight against parents who don't pay attention to what their kids are playing.  I'm surprised we haven't heard any "My kid shot/hurt/did drugs/got pregnant because of RE5" stories yet.  It's probably a bit too early.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
Awesome comics!

Just got through the big marshland village. Geeze, that sequence sucked. When left to the AI, Sheva kinda sucks. I had to take care of like a million villagers all by my lonesome. I did notice (and like) how the behaviors for the villagers are different than the Mojini. And a few of the villagers turned into big crab things. Wierd!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a150100/resident-evil-5-outsells-u2-album.html

It seems to be a big success here. SUCCESS.

"Want more proof that people hate black people? Resident Evil 5 outsold U2"

Brownie points if you get the reference ;) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »
I don't get the reference. How many copies did the U2 album sell?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2009, 02:26:30 AM »
Alright, so I did a speed run through the first level tonight. Lo and behold I witnessed a white woman being dragged down an alley by a man (I think he's white but whatever). I have heard her screaming before, but I never saw her. I assumed I was hearing her from the house.

So, I haven't changed my thoughts of the game, but at least that Crispy Gamer reviewer did get something right.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2009, 02:47:41 AM »
Crispy Gamer reviewer did get something right.

Not if the guy was white.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2009, 05:04:59 AM »
If you want my guess about the discrepancies the character model used for the attacker may be chosen randomly by the game. Or maybe it's just that everyone in the game has HD as his skin color so you can't tell whites from blacks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2009, 05:26:14 AM »
Everybody is a shade of HD brown?
thats gotta get a little bit boring...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
I finally got to play the demo at a friends house and.. i'm unimpressed to be honest. The controls feel super clunky, since the only version of RE4 i ever played was the definitive version (Wii, duh). Hell when i tried playing RE4:WE with the Classic Controller it didn't feel as clunky as it did on the 360's pad.

Other than the number of enemies, there's not much there that makes this feel different from RE4. The graphics weren't even that great, and this was my first extensve experience with the 360 on a huge HDtv but to be fair, my friend probably didn't have all the right cabales or whatever. Point is, the whole time i was thinking "this could be done on wii and at least feel better control wise".

I don't know how i feel about co-op, because my friend was so bad at the game it barely mattered that he was there. He helped me out a few times, like shoot an enemy i couldn't see behind me or i'd steal some of his ammo, but thats about it. If i have to save my AI partner as much as i did him in the main game, i'd probably never want to finish it. Hell we barely had the desire to finish the demo after he got his head chopped off 5 times in a row.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2009, 05:05:12 PM »
After spending a significant amount of time with the game (both online and off) (but I haven't beaten it yet), I gotta say I love RE5. It's RE4 on a larger scale, and I love RE4. Two-player co-op is easily one of the best times I've had with a friend since Smash Bros. Brawl, maybe moreso, because you're cooperating. The game is also designed with two human players in mind. I fought and beat Irving by my lonesome, but the fight would have gone much quicker (and easier) had my buddy Erik taken the reigns of Sheva.

As it stands, Sheva doesn't actually do a lot on her own. I mean, she shoots stuff, but you can't coordinate your attacks without a human partner. Even so, RE5 is turning out to be one helluva ride.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »
As I've said numerous times, Sheva's AI basically nonexistent. She was standing right next to some ammo on the ground which I had no room to carry and I kept telling her to take it and she just kept saying, "You can't be serious" or "I can't right now." I wish I could roid punch her right in the face.

Upgrading her weapons is a double edged sword too. On one hand, she'll kill enemies faster. On the other, she'll still somehow waste more ammo than necessary. I'm glad Capcom opted for a new partner instead of using Jill because I'd probably end up hating Jill with a passion. I know it's not necessarily the character so much as it is the AI, but I associate my frustration with Sheva.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:39:33 PM by Adrock »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:27 AM »
You'll want to upgrade your weapons so you can unlock the infinite ammo option. But I guess you'll only do that if you care about trophies/achievements.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »
People still listen to Yahtzee?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »
I do.  They're not as funny or clever as they used to be, but they'll still worth 5 minutes of my time once per week.

Is what Yahtzee said about the opening scene to RE5 true?  Is it literally the exact same as the opening to RE4?  If so, totally lame.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »
It's hard to avoid that opening when it's the entire point of the game. You shoot hordes of virus infected people then you solve mirror puzzles.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »
But you get overwhelmed by a large group of villagers and then a guy wearing a burlap sack with a chain saw and you must survive for X number of minutes before the "mission" ends.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!