Author Topic: SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL - The New Megathread  (Read 353331 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
this stage is utterly boring.  3 platforms, a floor, and an animated background.

remember the classic Mario stage in the sky about Peach's Castle in the first SSB?  THAT'S WHAT WE NEED
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I wish they'd just include every stage from the previous games.  There's not really a good reason not to.  Space certainly shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Professional 666
this stage is utterly boring.  3 platforms, a floor, and an animated background.

remember the classic Mario stage in the sky about Peach's Castle in the first SSB?  THAT'S WHAT WE NEED

With the crooked bridge and sliding platform?

Each stage has it's thing... this likely has the arwing cross fire and the platforms may even adjust on the ship given they seem to be part of the wings.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ceric
(Have not read everyone comments today yet)
Is it just me or are all the stages shown so far really caustrophic.  There all just so tiny.  About the size of Final Destination.

(After Reading)
I really enjoy the detail that the levels have, especially this one.  They I hope you get to fight the length of the ship a variation as well.

Well you have to remember we've only seen about 12 known stages so far.  Melee had 26 all new stages, and so even if Brawl was to have the same amount of stages as Melee, we still haven't seen half of them.  And then when you realize that Brawl is obviously going to have more many more stages then Melee, there's still going to be many more unique stages with a wide variety of designs.

I'm going to guess and say Brawl is probably going to have at least 40 brand new stages.  Because if most of the character franchises were represented with two stages in Melee, then they'll all at least have two stages in Brawl.  And right now for completely new franchise characters we've seen Pit has two stages, Wario is being counted as his own series so he'll have two stages and this time the Fire Emblem characters will have two stages as well.  Not to mention any new Nintendo series that might get added last minute will have at least one or two stages given to them.  Then there's the fact that Snake is getting his own stages which we've already seen some of, which means the other two third party characters will get their own stage as well.  Of course I'm sure the third parties will only get one stage.

Plus I get the feeling that the really popular series like Mario and Zelda might be given three or maybe four stages this time around, so when every thing is added up, it easily equals around 40 stages if not more so we still have a long way to go.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
"And right now for completely new franchise characters we've seen Pit has two stages"

What?  Just one so far...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
No two, rewatch the Nintendo World trailer of the game.  Pits first stage is the one with the giant statue of Palutena in the background along with the ancient Greek structures.  The second one is the dark underground stage that has all those Greek statues in it.  Since Pit is the only Nintendo character who's series involves Ancient Greece, both stages are indeed his.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I thought that stage with the statues was another (or part of the one) Fire Emblem stage.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Wario will only have one stage based on his character...if that.  Whatever Wario's level is will be extremely wacky though.

If you actually count the levels from Melee most series only got one level per character.  The Mario series had 4 characters and yet only had 4 levels.  

Fire Emblem had 2 characters, and no level based on it.  
Pokemon had 4 characters and only 2 levels based on it.
Zelda had 3 characters but only had 1 level.
Ice Climbers 1 level.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Weren't there 2 Zelda stages?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
Yep Great bay and Hyrule Temple
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
You're missing the real injustice here. Kirby had 3 stages but was by himself. Thank goodness they've added Metaknight. Now if they will just add Dedede, we could have like 9 Kirby stages. Rock on. Plus, Kirby music seems to be the best when converted to symphony sound.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Adrock
I thought that stage with the statues was another (or part of the one) Fire Emblem stage.

Yep, I'm fairly sure it's a Fire Emblem stage...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

Plus, Kirby music seems to be the best when converted to symphony sound.
Makes me want to listen to Fountain of Dreams now..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Wario will only have one stage based on his character...if that.  Whatever Wario's level is will be extremely wacky though.

If you actually count the levels from Melee most series only got one level per character.  The Mario series had 4 characters and yet only had 4 levels.  

Fire Emblem had 2 characters, and no level based on it.  
Pokemon had 4 characters and only 2 levels based on it.
Zelda had 3 characters but only had 1 level.
Ice Climbers 1 level.

Which is why I said each franchise instead of character.  In Melee each franchise was given 2 stages and Wario is being counted as a different franchise which is why his icon on his page is a W instead of a Mushroom like Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser have.  Which is why Wario will have two stages for him, one will be based of Wario Ware of course but the other will probably be based off one of the Wario Land games.

Here's the brackdown of all the franchises and their stages in Melee

Super Mario Bros - Princess Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2
Yoshi - Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong - Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes
Legend of Zelda - Great Bay, Hyrule Temple
Pokemon - Pokemon Stadium, Poke Floats
Kirby - Fountain of Dreams, Green Greens
Star Fox - Corneria, Venom
Metroid - Brinstar, Brinstar Depths
F-Zero - Mute City, Big Blue
Earthbound (Mother) - Onett, Eagleland
Ice Climbers - Icicle Mountain
Game and Watch - Flat Zone
Smash Bros - Battlefield, Final Destination
Classic N64 Stages - Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land

As you can see, the average was two per franchise except in the case of Ice Climbers and Game and Watch who only got one and Super Mario Bros which got four.  This means each franchise in Brawl will at least have 2 as well but since it's a sequel chances are some will have more.  I'm guessing that Zelda and Pokemon will have four this time and Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid will have three.

Here's a list of all the stages we've seen so far for Brawl.

Mario - Delfino Plaza, Mario Kart
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island
Pokemon - Pokemon Stadium
Kirby - Halberd
Star Fox - Lylat Cruise
Fire Emblem - Outside of a Castle under attack, a Throne Room
Kid Icarus - An Ancient Greece stage, an underground stage with Greek statues
Metal Gear - Alaska base from the first Metal Gear Solid
Smash Bros - Battlefield

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Luigi Dude:  I realize that we still have a lot of stages to show but, if they are releasing the stages in a random or non-sized determined fashion if there was say 50% mid-large size levels then we should have seen one by now because of probabilities.  I'm just thinking on average they may be shrinking the average stage size.  Though I'm sure there is still a really long one, a really interactive one, and a one that makes you progress through the level.

While looking for that new trailer that had some of that stuff you guys mentioned I found this: Smash Trailer Retro  It makes me sort of want a mode like that in the game.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Professional 666

I agree. I liked the level design in the first game better than the second game, because there were real, clever gameplay differences between the stages.  

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
OH F*CKING SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!!!

IT'S PRINCESS ZELDA!!!!

Ok, all bets are now off, I guess we wont have to wait until E3 to get huge info.  

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
They finally unveiled a character they haven't shown before: Zelda. Yeah, she's not "new" but hey, it's nice to see another character.

She doesn't seem to have her sword from Twilight Princess which sucks, but I wonder what Sheik will look like now. Hmm.... They could split them into separate characters. I used Zelda a lot in Melee so it would change my playing style significantly. I wouldn't mind, if say, Zelda's new Down+B unsheathed her sword. My guess though is that she probably changed very little from Melee.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
With this awesome new update, I find myself wondering what may have come of Sheik. I see a few possibilities regarding Sheik, but nothing in the updates either confirms or denies Sheiks existence in SSBB. The first possibility that I can think of would be, like Adrock suggested, a more TP friendly redesign of Sheik. Another possibility, also mentioned by Adrock, is the separation of Sheik and Zelda. One possibility that I can think of is that Sheik is removed from the game, and instead ZSS is a "clone" of her style, which kind of leads into the fourth possibility, which would be Sheiks complete removal from SSBB.

In all probability though I think that The first two possibilities are for more likely than the last two. I hope that If they do separate Zelda and Sheik, they will make ZSS a transformation of Samus, so that at least one character will carry the transformation ability, because I do not want all the characters to play the same as one another. When every character in a fighting game has roughly the same play style you end up with a bunch of ninjas, shotos and jacks, and no variety makes the game less interesting in my opinion. I would prefer that both Samus and Zelda have transformations that are each done in an entirely different manner, and that the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game And Watch, Ness, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent Pichu to still be in the roster, even though many people want them out, just to keep those different play styles alive in SSBB.

Regardless of Sheik's fate, I would love to see a Twilight Princess version of Sheik.

Another thing I just thought of: What if they give Sheik's move set to Humanoid Midna? It could work, even as, keep an open mind here, a transformation of Zelda.

Well that is all I have to say about the update right now, and just to clear up anything you may assume about me from my comment of who I would like to see in the roster, I am not a huge fan of Pokemon, I just feel that those characters have very different styles than most of the other fighters in the series. Now I feel, with my comment regarding my opinion on Pokemon, that I just come off as an insecure man who is trying to assert my masculinity, to which I say that I have played and liked the Pokemon games, they just are not my favorite (there, I think I fixed that...).
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline tiamat1990

• View Profile
I hope Zelda isn't as useless this time around...I wonder what kind of attacks she'll be using thins time around.

I really hope they include another Fire Emblem character.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
It's strange that Sheik isn't shown yet, but at the same time, Zero Suit Samus wasn't shown with the Samus announcement, and it was already said that the transformation would be similar to Zelda/Sheik from Melee.

Could it be tied to the final smash?  The original trailer had Samus transforming right after the final smash happened.  I don't really think so because it would make their smashes significantly different...

I dunno, It's going to be a toss-up between Pit and Zelda for my first ever character played.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Zelda used to be blonde, right?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Why would the game have Sheik? OoT is old news. He/she/it was in one zelda game for like 10 seconds. Let go.

Tingle is far more likely.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Wow, they did an amazing job copying the Twilight Princess model...(Suddenly I crave more "old" character updates...)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I want grown-up Midna to be in SSBB instead of Sheik.