Author Topic: Music  (Read 27473 times)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »
Their sound is definitely something else, which is why I'm so drawn to then. Their take on folksy alt./indie rock is unique in its presentation, which is helped by Isaac Brock's distinctive vocals and his trademark poetic lyricism.

You'd probably like Moon & Antarctica, it's a more restrained and quiet, despairing affair when compared to their previous and current work.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• He streams a good ham
  • Score: -10129
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2017, 05:56:50 AM »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »
VV Brown announced her retirement from the music industry this week.

Her last album, Samson & Delilah, was the best career reboot i've ever seen any artist successfully make into a sound that's so far away from anyone else there's no real name for it.

Nintendo World Report: The home of Buttered Camels. Buttered Camels. Sexeh Buttered Camels. Buttered Camels. Buttered Camels. Buttered Camels. Buttered Camels.

Offline Linkle Link

• Well excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »
For Silenced, who cares about music so much, here's the latest song to be stuck in my head.

For BnM, who probably won't check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI
Do you like The Legend of Zelda series?

Then come follow along and check out the action on NWR's Mafia Forum as we pay tribute to the series in our latest Mafia misadventure.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2018, 05:03:38 PM »
Huey Lewis is cancelling all further shows because of hearing loss. Sad day for music lovers, easily one of my favorite bands of all time.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2018, 09:18:54 AM »
We'll always have Sports
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2018, 08:57:52 PM »
In my quest to discover the roots of heavy metal and punk rock I finally caved and picked up Led Zepplin. I have a confession. I never listened to any of their songs before. I went to Spotify and confirmed my suspicion they must have had songs I heard but didn't know where them. Shamefully I regret to inform that I have yet to listen to Stairway to Heaven. Every time I try I get distracted.

I was always shielded from this band. KISS, Led Zepplin and Marylin Manson were three bands my parents forbade in their house. I got heavy into Manson and Kiss once I moved out but Zepplin I just never found myself that motivated.

Thoughts on the actual record. Okay, old timey rock n roll is not my thing. I prefer the glam rock or hair metal of the 80's but can enjoy some of the earlier stuff to a certain extent. I am not a big fan of electric guitars to start off with. Not sure what it is.

Anyways it didn't quite satisfy my curiosity so I used Spotify to listen to their first three self titled albums. I skimmed them but I realized, and I know I'll get banned/hated for this, but nope this band did nothing for me. Sorry. I can see how they were an influence on other bands but I felt like they were too bluesy for my taste.

I spent the rest of the day jamming out to Spice Girls (I also picked up Spice World) and that was more like it.

Offline Linkle Link

• Well excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2018, 09:34:08 PM »
I feel like I've only listened to Stairway to Heaven twice in my life. Part of that might be because, like you, it doesn't engage me. So, I may have heard it in other media or maybe even on the radio before but I find it unmemorable and simple so it doesn't stick in my head nor would I seek out on hearing it again. I just know that I've tried a couple times to listen to it all the way through to make sure I wasn't missing something and it just doesn't stick with me.

As far as Led Zeppelin in general, the only songs I'm somewhat familiar with are Kashmir and Black Dog. Even then, I think it is more from those songs being sampled in other media than from actually listening to them. I find Zeppelin seems to work better when it is just being sampled like that.
Do you like The Legend of Zelda series?

Then come follow along and check out the action on NWR's Mafia Forum as we pay tribute to the series in our latest Mafia misadventure.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
Probably. I didn't even know that song in Ragnarock was theirs until my dad walked out of the movie cuz it was that devil music.