Author Topic: Something that bugs me (about games on the Wii)  (Read 14383 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Something that bugs me (about games on the Wii)
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 06:09:12 PM »
I want all the games I can get.

But I also want all the good games I can get.

If given the choice, I want the latter to happen more than the first.

But this is faulty logic as regards your question, because you're posing it to the gaming community at large instead of a sea of individuals.  The community at large wants as many games as possible.  The individuals - or Nintendo fans, if you want to be like that - want games that match up to Nintendo's first party games.

This has been the most inherent problem with any system Nintendo makes.  Third parties gotsta compete with Nintendo.  That's like going to chef school and on the first day having to take down Batali or Morimoto.  Even after ten years with some good experience under your belt, they'll still outclass you most of the time.  The best you can hope to do is beat them on their worst day, which almost demands that it be your best day, because that tiny intersection of coincidence and circumstance is really your only hope.

So when someone gives me a crap game with bad controls or no attempt to make it look good or be immersive, why would I choose that when Nintendo is willing to give me a game in the same genre that looks great, plays amazing, and is overall the better experience?

However, as someone aware of the "gen wars," I understand it is in Nintendo's best interest to get those games that I might deem crappy or never play, because there is an audience for them.

So for myself, I want good games.

For Nintendo, I want a lot of games.

These two ideas CAN coexist, so I'm not so sure your original conjecture stands.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »

So when someone gives me a crap game with bad controls or no attempt to make it look good or be immersive, why would I choose that when Nintendo is willing to give me a game in the same genre that looks great, plays amazing, and is overall the better experience?

That's why I always cringe when I hear the "but you're competing with Nintendo argument". I mean, it's so basic: If you release crap against a Nintendo game of COURSE your games are going to sell like crap. How can third parties even believe this? Especially considering that most third parties (well, atleast the bigger and/or older ones) have franchises that could MORE than just hold their own against a Nintendo game. Think of the golden age of the SNES: A lot of the games that made the system heaven on Earth (I'm tearing up just thinking about it) WEREN'T Nintendo games. Nintendo may have Miyamoto, but they don't have Kojima or Matsuno or Bleszinski; there a visionaries out there that are creating games that, sometimes, give Nintendo a serious run for its money (especially now that they seem so intent on pimping out their franchises any way they can). They make games that Nintendo console owners would snatch up just as eagerly as Nintendo games if developers only cared to bring them over.

So I just find "the games will be competing against Nintendo!" to be a piss-poor excuse, whether it's coming from an Nintendo fan or a lazy developer.    

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Something that bugs me (about games on the Wii)
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »
Yeah, but where's the PROOF that Nintendo gamers will buy good third party titles when they come around? This entire "we'll buy good stuff when it comes" is a huge leap of faith to publishers betting millions of dollars at a time.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Yeah, but where's the PROOF that Nintendo gamers will buy good third party titles when they come around? This entire "we'll buy good stuff when it comes" is a huge leap of faith to publishers betting millions of dollars at a time.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

If I recall RE4 sold quite well for GC and Viewtiful Joe as well. Besides them not sure what other third parties had great games on GC!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »
So you basically have to be among the best games of the generation (RE4) to sell well on a Nintendo console? Isn't that standard a bit high?

And... did Viewtiful Joe actually sell well? Because none of its sequels did.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »

So you basically have to be among the best games of the generation (RE4) to sell well on a Nintendo console? Isn't that standard a bit high?

And... did Viewtiful Joe actually sell well? Because none of its sequels did.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Well there weren't really that many exclusive 3rd party titles for Wii anyway, didn't Soul Calibur 2 sell decent as well? I know at least VJ1 sold better on the GC than PS2.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 10:10:06 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
Well there weren't really that many exclusive 3rd party titles for Wii anyway, didn't Soul Calibur 2 sell decent as well? I know at least VJ1 sold better on the GC than PS2.
SC2 on GC sold better than it did on PS2 and Xbox. Then for no reason SC3 went exclusive to PS2.

VJ1 sold pretty well on the GC but then they released VJ2 on GC & PS2 and they both pretty much flopped, but it sold alot better on GC still.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »
Sure, SC2 sold respectably, but it DID have Link in it after all. That's not a third party game, that's fan service.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
Tales of Symphonia = Good Game = Sold Well
Baten Kaitos = Crap = Flopped

NAMCO "LETS MAKE BK2 FOR GC!"

Most third parties aren't successful on Nintendo systems because they are STUPID!

Offline Magik

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

If I recall RE4 sold quite well for Wii and Viewtiful Joe as well. Besides them not sure what other third parties had great games on Wii!

Eh?  RE4 was a Wii game?  I thought it was a GC game?

Anyways, RE4 didn't sell well enough for Capcom to keep it exclusive before porting it over to the PS2.  Viewtiful Joe sold 'well' in terms of 3rd party sales, but still pales in comparison to even some of the less stellar Nintendo games.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »
RE4 was announced as coming to the PS2 before the GC version even released.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 01:44:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Pittbboi

That's why I always cringe when I hear the "but you're competing with Nintendo argument". I mean, it's so basic: If you release crap against a Nintendo game of COURSE your games are going to sell like crap. How can third parties even believe this? Especially considering that most third parties (well, atleast the bigger and/or older ones) have franchises that could MORE than just hold their own against a Nintendo game. Think of the golden age of the SNES: A lot of the games that made the system heaven on Earth (I'm tearing up just thinking about it) WEREN'T Nintendo games. Nintendo may have Miyamoto, but they don't have Kojima or Matsuno or Bleszinski; there a visionaries out there that are creating games that, sometimes, give Nintendo a serious run for its money (especially now that they seem so intent on pimping out their franchises any way they can). They make games that Nintendo console owners would snatch up just as eagerly as Nintendo games if developers only cared to bring them over.

So I just find "the games will be competing against Nintendo!" to be a piss-poor excuse, whether it's coming from an Nintendo fan or a lazy developer.

You're saying two parts of the same piece but acting like they are in contention with one another, when they aren't.

Third parties have traditionally whined when their games don't sell well on a Nintendo platform, and this is directly evident when you look at the average Nintendo console owner's library.  I know that if I inventoried my Gamecube, DS, and GBA libraries, I'd wager 70-80% of these were Nintendo developed or published games.  And these encompass almost every genre out there with few exceptions (serious sports simulations and survival horror might be the only ones not covered, outside of small niche games like vertical shmups).  Point being that why would I buy Crash Bandicoot racing when I have Mario Kart?  Why get GenericFutureRacingGame when I have F-Zero?  

It doesn't help that for the last two generations, Nintendo had a lower userbase than their closest competitors (except for Sega).  This only adds to it because not only do we have a userbase composed of people who will pick up a franchise game over a third party game (even if it's a franchise series, like Crash Bandicoot), but also a lower number of users overall.  Meaning third parties will sell less almost all the time.

The fact is, however, that despite this sort of elitist attitude a general Nintendo library will have, the overwhelming problem is the smaller userbase.

You're arguing by calling this a "piss poor excuse."  It's not an excuse, it's pure cold hard fact, and it's a situation that doesn't happen as much on Sony/MS systems.  Sony has the GT series and - to some extent - things like Ratchet and Clank.  MS has Halo and....Halo sequels.  Their first party offerings cannot compete in quantity against Nintendo's, and don't approach the variety in any degree.

Note that I am not arguing that Kojima and others can't compare with Miyamoto/Nintendo, because I'm not.  I think you assume that I am.  But I'm not, and mostly, Nintendo fans don't, but only when they get a good game.  I.e., we'll buy RE4.  We won't buy a crappy port of a PS2 game that came out 6 months before, and you somehow managed to screw up the FPS and controls.

You said two basic things in your post - 1) Third parties can make good games, thus 2) They can't whine and Nintendo fans can't use this as an excuse.  But that's exactly the issue here, primarily because situation 1 hardly exists.  Even when it does, and even if something sells, third parties complain (Soul Calibur 2).  And even when fans buy up that game (again, RE4) it doesn't seem to change the situation.

It's an issue that is inherent to every Nintendo platform and always will be.  

Again, I will buy good games.  Period.  I don't care who makes them.  But don't come bitching to me when you gave me a slipshod port of a crappy game that is six months old, and whine when I pick something else over it.  That's retarded.  Developers who say such things need to have their pants pulled down and be spanked with moonrocks.

I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 03:45:54 AM »
First off I'm really looking forward to Dewy Adventures.  If it is done right I could really get into that game.
Second there are some third party series that haven't graced Nintendo that I pick up in an instant.  Mainly if Tecmo makes Monter Rancher 5 for the Wii.

Though, encase Tecmo reads this, I want it to have the training of 4, the Monster Heart of 3, and the monster go it alone quests of 2.  Expecially that last one.  I don't care if its "Realistic" like 4 or cel-shaded like 3, actually I prefer more advanced cel-shading methinks.  I like it to also be able to use channels and VC games as "disc" to make monsters plus the normal stuff.

I'm not really a series person actually... though I would like KH3, wife really likes it but after Chain of Memories and KH2 I'm pretty cold on the series, to come to Wii so I don't have to buy another system, if not Wii 360 because I rather have one of those.  I'm glad about DDR and will probably pick that up.  Beyond those I'll tend to play it by ear.  Right now my collection is about 50/50, (Rayman, TP, Wii Sports, and probably soon Pangya, I'm renting right now and I think I'll buy it.)  I would also have Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Super Monkey Ball but, on Marvel Ultimate Alliance I had beaten the game during the rental and I really want to try the 360 version, if I ever get one, to see if I like the controls more.  On Monkey Ball, before I returned it I got seriously stuck on 2 levels in world 6 that I don't know if I could ever beat.  Though if it drops in price I'll probably pick that up as well.  My VC collection is also very much not Nintendo, LoZ I think is my only Nintendo game.  In fact I only have 2 games for a Nintendo System, so about 1/3 of them.

I give third parties a chance especially since I have my GameFly account.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 03:57:58 AM »
It isn't necessarily the case that both complaints come from the same Nintendo fans.  Imagine group A wants lots of third party games and group B thinks of them as pointless crap.  Which group would have complained during the GameCube's waning days?  Which group would complain when lots of third party games are being announced?

Personally, my tastes in gaming have changed a bit recently.  I think that the decline in third party support during the GameCube's life made me get used to not playing third party games.  The DS awakened a hunger in me that I forgot I had, and now I look at the Wii's promise of third party variety and I wants it.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007, 05:07:11 AM »
I want great Nintendo games.  That's all I'm concerned about.  If a third party game worth purchasing comes out, that's great, and I'll get it, but that's not what I look for when I buy a Nintendo console (which is the only console I buy).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 05:41:29 AM »
"The Wii is a whole different story. With ease of development, mass appeal and tons of potential, developers are now making a lot of games for it, but now the fans are complaining that the Wii will be home to un-inspired ports, rush jobs and third party games we don't care about..."

I think a lot of that is two different groups.  One group is the fans of the NES/SNES era that consider a quality console to be a combination of great first party games and great third party support.  They're calling for the support.  The second group is more the N64/Cube era fans.  They've been "raised" in an environment where Nintendo supplies 90% of the top titles so their perspective on third party support is screwed up.  They spend years trying to defend against the PS1 with excuses like "most third party games are crap" and eventually they believed it.  They're the ones that mostly only buy first party titles and they may be doing some of the complaining now.

That is also what has created that "third parties have to compete with Nintendo" myth.  This problem didn't occur on the NES, SNES, GBC or GBA and doesn't happen on the DS.  Why?  Because everyone bought those systems so the userbase was large and varied.  The N64 and Gamecube are considered jokes by anyone but the hardcore Nintendo nut.  Thus the userbase was small and had far too many of the "only Nintendo matters" Nintendo fans that sprung up during the N64 years.  So third party games didn't sell as well.  But if the Wii attracts a wider group like the dominating Nintendo systems did then that problem disappears.  The Nintendo-only fans will still be Nintendo-only but the userbase will be varied enough that it won't matter.

Though regarding the Wii support I'm still iffy though Manhunt 2 is a huge deal and makes me feel much more confident.  I still don't see the Wii as the top console yet.  I want to see Nintendo return to the situation where when someone owns a console you just assume it's the Wii and when a game is annouced you just assume it's for the Wii.  I think there is also a difference between the SNES third party support and the GBA third party support.  Both games had almost everyone on board BUT the SNES support was better because it was the number one focus.  Being a portable the GBA was seen often as a place to dump crap and make a profit doing it.  Portables aren't usually the main focus for a company so even though they supported the GBA with lots of titles their main focus was still the PS2.  I do fear the possibility of the Wii getting a lot of games dumped on it but still not being the main focus.  The Wii is very different and we might see both it and the Xbox 360 co-existing as dominating consoles appealing to different markets.  Thus it may be profitable for a third party to aggressively support BOTH consoles with different product.  Therefore there is a risk of the Wii being a dumping ground while the focus is on the Xbox 360.  The reverse could happen but I think the Wii is more likely candidate for dumping because of the non-traditional nature of it.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »

That is also what has created that "third parties have to compete with Nintendo" myth. This problem didn't occur on the NES, SNES, GBC or GBA and doesn't happen on the DS
It most definitely happens on the DS. Nintendo almost single-handedly made that console a success, and third parties are still way behind.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 06:20:55 AM »
not for everyone, I stuck with GC through and through tooth and  nail, at its peak I had 30 games in my collection and growing, out fo the 30 I had FIVE were publsihed by Nintendo NONE were developede by NIntendo, I know I am an exception but ITS TRUE there are gamers who want the Nintendo games AND the other stuff and not JUST Nintendo games. still there was just barley enough good 3rd party stuff to keep me exclusive to GC, until my sister got an Xbox and we grabbed like five geames for it and went back to GC.

SOme of the BEST games I played on GC were 3rd party,. so naturaly I look forward to the announcments by 3rd parties.

its no9 secret I love SEGA, always have always will, and for the most part love evrythign they do (hate MB but thats a differnty story) anyways so for me to see more SEGA support is a good thing. Thne I LOVE, and I cant stress this enough, MORTAL KOMBAT, it is HANDS DOWN my favorite series, and until GC ALL of MKs best games were on NINTENDO platforms even GC had the BEST MK 3d ever made. Yet when Shaolin Monks came out I bought a ps2 played it then trading it in for more GC games.

Namco, now thats a tough one, I LOVED SC2 beat it thougrouly unlocked everyting stopmed everyopne I challened, great gaem and defiantely one of the BEST 3d fighting games on GC not just overal. I even had TOS and liked it a lot.

I had more Ubisoft and Activions games than anything and to tell you the truth I liked most of the ones I had. I even had a big EA selection too. I dont count either of those devs out becausde thery make GOOD GAMES and lost of them too.

If EA is making a studio JUST FOR Wii then that says something for thier support. Disney I can live without but at least EA takes Wii seriously and they still make enoug good games to satisfy me and most other gamers.

Oh and I had ALL the TMNT games cuz they just rocked.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 06:34:29 AM »
"It most definitely happens on the DS. Nintendo almost single-handedly made that console a success, and third parties are still way behind."

Are third parties bailing on the DS and using the excuse that they can't compete with Nintendo's titles?  No.  The third party support is still there.

I'll agree that Nintendo almost made the DS a success by themselves but I consider that the case with the GBA too.  Both systems had almost every third party on board but, being portables, were largely used a dumping grounds for crap while the home consoles got the bulk of the real support.

The important thing is that on the DS the third parties haven't left.  Obviously they make enough profit on DS titles that it doesn't matter if Nintendo's own games crush them in sales.  On the Cube third parties were leaving because they didn't feel it financially made sense to support it.  That is what the "competing with Nintendo" myth is about.

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »
Konami, Namco, Capcom, Square, Enix, Takara, Techmo, EA, Activision, Atari (Tengen) Midway, and Acclaim never had ANY TROUBLE competing with Nintendo durring the NES and SNES eras. N64 lack of suppoort wasnt cuz 3rd parties didnt make money it was because of the extra cost making games on carts casued them to make LESS money so therefore it *was* higher risk.

Good game makers can compete with the best in the industry when they push themselves. Wii is forcing devs to push themselves or be lazy and cash in. Its an either or eiother push the system to compete with the higher end 360 stuff or be lazy and go for the quick buck. I never bought they whole competing with Nintendo  BS either cuz Nintendo games are spread out enough smart companies can get thier stuff known. not to mention the 3rd partie games that still sold well on GC yet sequels were canceled. Deadly Allaince was one, but its reasons are iffy cuz Midway still hates Nintendo but is smart enough to go where the money is.

You can call me

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:06 AM »
There is no way that you can say third parties are trailing behind on the DS when you have Square Enix making Dragon Quest IX for it.  That fact alone blows that theory out of the water.

With the DS, I own a lot of third-party games.  I have Castlevania: DoS, Castlevania: PoR, Sonic Rush, Age of Empires, Nanostray, Phoenix Wright 1 & 2, Puyo Pop Fever, and Trauma Center: Under the Knife.   That's nine QUALITY third-party games.  A full third of my DS game library is comprised of third-party titles, and that's a higher percentage than any Nintendo system I've ever owned.

The DS is ruling because of its third-party support, not in spite of its lack of it.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 06:54:57 AM »
I like the "two types of gamers that take turns complaining" theory you guys put forth. I think I'll subscribe to it. The people complaining now are not necessarily the people who were demanding these games.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »
well I wasn't complaing I was merely pointing out that 3rd parties *can* compete with Nintendo and often do a good job. Nintendo isn't the end all be all developer some people think they are. They make games that appeal to a wide range of people, but that doesn't mean every game they make will appeal to every gamer who likes them.

I LOVE, and I can't stress this enough,  Mario and Zelda with a PASSION I have collectibles and mermorabia of these characters even dvds of thier shows and a lot of useless crap, BUT I still HATE Mario Sports games, didn't care for TTYD, can't stand WW, and was too disapointed to finish Sunshine. Does that mean I am not a true nintendo fan? what if I told you I don't like pokemon, well even if I give *good* reasons there will be people who flame me cuz I am stupid for not liking it or say things like I am not a real Nintendo fan, blah blah blah yada yada I don't care.

I am used to this and I don't care, any fandom is going to be the same way. If I gotoa  TF website and casualy mention I didn't care for BW all of a sudden I ama  "trukk not mokkey bigot" for no reason at all.

Nintendo has always made quality hardware and event hough I chose the Genesis over SNES I give Nintendo major props for the Systems and have since rediscovered its magic I missed out on.  But in no way does that mean everygame I liked on it was made by Nintendo. It is the same with DS, GC, N64, etc. There are a handfull of Nintendo made games that I like, and I don't question, ever, the quality of thier games, even the ones I don't like. Most of the time it is something that even if I put it into words noone will get so i dont even try anymore I dont like to argue so I try and keep opinions to myself.

Now the FACTS are that Nintendo *needs* as much 3rd party support as they can get inorder for tier system to please the most people. regardless of what selfproclaimed hardcore loyalists say, there are a number of people who actualyl enjoy Madden football, Need For Speed, Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, and a number of other games Nintendo fans bshed last gen now are praising for coming to Wii.  The gamers who want to play GTA or Bully, Madden or NFS, won't 'touch' a wii unless those games show up. I know that nobody directly accused me of these things but it has been assumed by some that if you buy a Nintendo systems it is to play Nintendo games and thats it.
You can call me

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »
I got the Mario and Zelda TV Show DVDs too! I can't wait for Captain N!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »
"I know that nobody directly accused me of these things but it has been assumed by some that if you buy a Nintendo systems it is to play Nintendo games and thats it. "

For the most part, that has been mostly true for the past couple generations. I have always supplemented my Nintendo system with the competitors offering to catch all of the great games the never made it Nintendo's way. I think it is great that the Wii will be getting some variety. With the Gamecube, it never really bothered me because I had a PS2 and an Xbox. For this generation, the Wii remote brings a whole new element to things, and I want to experience as many games as possible on my Nintendo system, not just Nintendo made games (though I tend to like those the most). Stronger Wii support is a blessing, I don't care how you want to dice it up. It just makes that $250 investment in your living room that much more worth it.
Check out PixlBit!