Author Topic: Virtual Console Wishlist (pictures inside)  (Read 8954 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Virtual Console Wishlist (pictures inside)
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »

Other games I want (other than the obvious ones) are Zombies ate my neighbors *BWAH HA HA HA!* and Lost Vikings. Both of these were great two player SNES games that I had a great time playing with friends, ah, fond childhood memories.

Great games.  Two of my favorites, actually.  I think they'll come to the VC eventually.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline UERD

• View Profile
RE: Virtual Console Wishlist (pictures inside)
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 08:27:11 AM »
Wikipedia says...
"The N64 version is notable due to the compression techniques that the developers were forced to use in order to fit 2 CD-ROMs worth of data (including voice acting and FMV) into a single cartridge."

So, I guess it's most likely possible.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 08:58:10 AM »

It'll never happen, but if Nintendo put Cloud Strife or Sephiroth in SSB:B, they'd crush Sony once and for all...just think about it! All the FF7 fanboys would be forced to get a Wii and SSB:B, at which point they would be exposed to the superiority of Nintendo and forced to forswear their misguided allegiances!
If I ever read that any FF7 character is coming to Smash Bros, I will throw up all over my keyboard..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 09:05:30 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

It'll never happen, but if Nintendo put Cloud Strife or Sephiroth in SSB:B, they'd crush Sony once and for all...just think about it! All the FF7 fanboys would be forced to get a Wii and SSB:B, at which point they would be exposed to the superiority of Nintendo and forced to forswear their misguided allegiances!
If I ever read that any FF7 character is coming to Smash Bros, I will throw up all over my keyboard..

FF VII is clearly the most overrated game out there, but Tifa is still hot.  I'll admit it.
Don't worry about it, it's unlikely.  If it does happen, it'd be Cloud, and then I'll enjoy beating on him with Link.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 09:15:21 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold If I ever read that any FF7 character is coming to Smash Bros, I will throw up all over my keyboard..

I'm torn on this, as I do agree with what you're saying, but I also agree that this would sell another 5,000,000 copies of SSBB.

I'd prefer to see Mog the Moogle or Edgar Verona, both from FF6.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 09:26:36 AM »

but I also agree that this would sell another 5,000,000 copies of SSBB.

My point exactly.

I agree, but I still think Nintendo could do a lot worse.

Anyways, someone mentioned the old Pokemon games...does anyone think it's likely that Nintendo will release GBC-vintage titles on VC? I'm pretty sure they aren't sold anymore, and there could be some interesting choices.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 10:24:41 AM »
I did, UERD. Even though I still have the original copies of the game I would love to have them back in VC form.

And about the FFVII character comment as I mentioned in the other threads I think that with the megaton announcement of DQ IX on the DS we could see a DQ character or item in the game.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 11:05:43 AM »
Stop calling everything a "megaton announcement" its getting annoying, plus haven't all past "megaton announcement"s been luke warm at best.

I agree with the statement "If I ever read that any FF7 character is coming to Smash Bros, I will throw up all over my keyboard."
Final Fantasy VII is one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games (I raked it 11th in the FF series), its a extreamly over rated game, BUT it is very popular so having it will only do great things for Nintendo. SB is right if Cloud showed up in SSB:B it would sell a TON more copies, and even a port of it would sell really well.

And just think of it like this, If Final Fantasy VII (and other PSOne Final Fantasy games) were to show up on the Wii or DS that would be one less thing for Sony. And its hard to find the old games any more so a fresh version on the DS or VC would be a hit among people who have never played it.

Oh and Yes I want Power Rangers on the VC, the SNES games were great I really liked them, its to bad they never created a decent Power Rangers game since then. There are so many ways they could make a GREAT Power Rangers game, but it just seems like no one cares about that license any more since the show stopped being Might Morphin. I could go on about how so many of the series would have made great games, but I won't.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 12:06:01 PM »
Just for that, Cap, I will call every announcement megaton...

Seriously, SB is guilty of bringing the word back. And it is used as a joke. So why the hate?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 09:13:50 AM »
came up with another 2 I would kill to see:

Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 09:16:36 AM »
Yeah, the MEGATOOOOOOOON thing was my doing.

And Starcraft Wii would ensure the console's success in Korea alone!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 09:47:14 AM »
Why would StarCraft and Brood Wars be different titles when one is an expansion to the other?  Logically they should come together, shouldn't they?

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 09:50:58 AM »
I was under the impression that Starcraft64 contained both games.
- thatguy

- vudu

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung

FF VII is clearly the most overrated game out there, but Tifa is still hot.  I'll admit it.
Don't worry about it, it's unlikely.  If it does happen, it'd be Cloud, and then I'll enjoy beating on him with Link.

I disagree. FF VII sold me on playstation. If that game didn't come out I probably wouldn't have bought a PS1.  I still think it's the absolute best RPG ever made and is still in my top 5 games of all time. Agree to disagree I guess.

My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 10:48:32 AM »
I never played StarCraft64 so I'm not sure if both were on it. If that was the case then maybe having both together would be the better way to go.

Even thou Brood Wars was an expansion there was enough new stuff to make it its own game. It was almost like a sequel to StarCraft. Given the option I would pick Brood Wars over the original.
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
I agree, Brood War really did add a lot to the game. Having Wii-powered Starcraft, especially something playable over Battle.net, would only increase the appeal of the Wii in certain markets.
- thatguy

- vudu

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 09:00:02 PM »
Two words: Lurker Defense.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2006, 05:14:40 AM »
"Even thou Brood Wars was an expansion there was enough new stuff to make it its own game. It was almost like a sequel to StarCraft. Given the option I would pick Brood Wars over the original."

I agree.  Blizzard's expansions are fantastic.  But if you buy Starcraft usually you buy it in a set with Brood Wars.  Plus if PC games were on the Wii I think we would want expansion packs to be included.  If precedent was set to make them seperate then EA is going to have fifty different Sims expansions on there.  Blizzard makes damn near full games for expansions but most devs don't so I think it would be best if packaging expansions with the original game was the accepted standard.

It doesn't matter anyway I guess since we're probably not going to see PC games on the VC.  It would probably be more complicated than dumping ROMs.  Though I guess they could use a DOS emulator.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2006, 05:24:31 AM »

Originally posted by: ryancoke

Originally posted by: JonLeung

I disagree. FF VII sold me on playstation. If that game didn't come out I probably wouldn't have bought a PS1.  I still think it's the absolute best RPG ever made and is still in my top 5 games of all time. Agree to disagree I guess.

I didn't say it was bad, I said it was overrated.  There's a difference.

I rented a PSX for a week just to play FF VII (I borrowed a PSX later for other games, but FF VII was the first big one).  After finishing it, I bought the PC version and played through that.  I liked the game too.

What makes it overrated is that people still rant and rave about it ten years later even though everyone and their neighbour's dog and cat should've already played it through a couple times already.

I say, STFU and play something else already.  FF VII was good for its time, but guess what?  Time has passed.

I still like to gawk at Tifa, but the game itself is becoming unappealing because of time.

I also dislike FF fans that hopped on the bandwagon only after VII, and never bothered to seek out the earlier games.  Definition of a graphics whore, let me tell you.