Author Topic: Job problems? Cry here.  (Read 18114 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The Job Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »
I, personally, do terrible under those.  They don't motivate me and I'm not the type of person people just agree with.   Though from what you say 2 could get you to your dream.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »
Not that anybody really cares, but I quit my job. And in its place...

I got the job that I've been looking for, in the building I've been wanting to work in since it was built over 3 years ago, with the scheduled hours that I've been trying to get for the last 2 years.

So far so great. I'm 3 for 3 right now.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:The Job Thread
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2007, 03:21:52 PM »
That's great, BlacknMild. Congrats!

Meanwhile, my little business is looking to hire, but for someone who is in my area. So far, its really difficult to find someone who excels at web design, HTML, and php and be willing to work for a small company that doesn't pay an equivelant pay scale. Not to say the future doesn't look bright, but things take time, right?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
RE:The Job Thread
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »

Originally posted by: bustin98
That's great, BlacknMild. Congrats!

Meanwhile, my little business is looking to hire, but for someone who is in my area. So far, its really difficult to find someone who excels at web design, HTML, and php and be willing to work for a small company that doesn't pay an equivelant pay scale. Not to say the future doesn't look bright, but things take time, right?

Thanx, for the congrats.

But since your company isn't going by standard pay scales for the work being done, are you giving out stock options?
That way they know they are getting payed less now, but the harder they work, and the more successful the business becomes, the more secure their financial future will be (it also kinda ties them to the company, loyalty is key )

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
Whoa, that's amazing BnM! Is the pay equivalent or better?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »
BnM's got it right.  That, or hire some college kids.  They'd end up being a pain, probably.

Congrats BnM.  SHINE GET!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
I take a very slight dip in base salary, but with commission I could actually double or triple(maybe quadruple?) my income so a slight hit now for much better possible payoff later sounds good to me.

p.s. The new job is as a Loan Officer and it located 2 blocks away from my old job. I just finished a 3-day crash course training session on friday and will be thrown into the sharks tank on monday afternoon. So wish me luck.

p.s.s Once I get up and running(give me a month or three ), if any of you are located in California and need a loan to buy or refinance a home, just send me a PM, maybe we can work something out

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »
I'm in Florida.  Close enough, right?