Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 728275 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2007, 04:01:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Acefondu
Do we know the VC for this Monday?

Pong, Tetris and Asteroids. CONFIRMED
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #926 on: March 19, 2007, 04:45:23 AM »
Right now, only "Splatterhouse" and "Beyond Oasis" are available.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 19, 2007, 05:09:18 AM »
Excitebike too.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 19, 2007, 05:11:40 AM »
Regarding Tetris I don't think who has the rights to release a version of Tetris is the full issue.  The Tetris Company has rules about Tetris.  You know all that cheater crap in recent Tetris games like having a longer period of time to move a piece once it has touched down or swapping pieces out?  That's all part of the official Tetris rules.  Every Tetris game released has to have that BS in it.  The Gameboy, NES, and SNES versions of Tetris that Nintendo made were made prior to those rules being put in place.  Thus they do not meet the dumbed-down non-challenging standards of the Tetris Company so they might not allow those versions to be re-released.  Those versions aren't really "true Tetris" in the eyes of the Tetris Company (ironic since those are clearly the most "true" versions of Tetris in the eyes of gamers).

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 19, 2007, 05:35:38 AM »
I want Excitebike 64....that was a pretty cool game.  Best dirtbike game i've seen anyway
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #930 on: March 19, 2007, 06:00:51 AM »

Originally posted by: NeoThunder
I want Excitebike 64....that was a pretty cool game.  Best dirtbike game i've seen anyway

The funny thing? Currently, Excitebike sets you back 500 points. An N64 game sets you back 1000 points. Excitebike 64 has both the original game and a 3D version of the tracks as hidden unlockables.

If they ever released EB 64 on the VC, you would be buying EB 64 for 10 bucks and be getting the original ET for FREE!

That would kill sales of the original EB drastically.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 19, 2007, 06:14:33 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
If they ever released EB 64 on the VC, you would be buying EB 64 for 10 bucks and be getting the original ET for FREE!

You would think that, but you would probably be wrong.  Think of how many people purchased the GBA NES Classics Metroid cartridge for $20.  They could have gotten Zero Mission (which includes the original game) for a mere $10 more.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #932 on: March 19, 2007, 06:28:23 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu

You would think that, but you would probably be wrong.  Think of how many people purchased the GBA NES Classics Metroid cartridge for $20.  They could have gotten Zero Mission (which includes the original game) for a mere $10 more.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. Fans love to collect games, even if it means buying them over and over again. Not only that, it prevents you from having to jump hoops just to get the game.

Still, its hard to deny that at 10 bucks its a good deal.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 19, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »

The funny thing? Currently, Excitebike sets you back 500 points. An N64 game sets you back 1000 points. Excitebike 64 has both the original game and a 3D version of the tracks as hidden unlockables.

Wouldn't that mean they'd have to emulate an emulator for the original ExciteBike to remain playable within EB64?
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2007, 07:31:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Rhoq

Wouldn't that mean they'd have to emulate an emulator for the original ExciteBike to remain playable within EB64?

Rhoq, They get that for 'Free."
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
I'm sure that nintendo would take out the original game in EB 64 if they release EB on the VC, they would say that it wasn't possible because of some reason or another, like the ghost runs for MK 64.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 19, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »
I don't expect any version of Tetris to come out on VC.  Most likely Nintendo will release it as a new downloadable game, and they may even wait until they can offer it with online multiplayer.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
I don't expect any version of Tetris to come out on VC.  Most likely Nintendo will release it as a new downloadable game, and they may even wait until they can offer it with online multiplayer.
But I don't want online multiplayer.  I just want Mode A and Music Type 2.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 19, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

Yes, I know that. You mis-read my question: If the original ExciteBike ran under emulation in EB64, in order for it remain a part of any theoretical future VC release, wouldn't an emulator for the emulator to run the NES EB from within the emulator running EB64 would need to be written? I think it's safe to assume that Nintendo would opt to exclude it if EB64 were to be made available on the VC because there would be too much involved just to get that bonus feature up and running - let's not get started on the potential issues that would scenario would probably present.  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

Yes, I know that. You mis-read my question: If the original ExciteBike ran under emulation in EB64, in order for it remain a part of any theoretical future VC release, wouldn't an emulator for the emulator to run the NES EB from within the emulator running EB64 would need to be written? I think it's safe to assume that Nintendo would opt to exclude it if EB64 were to be made available on the VC because there would be too much involved just to get that bonus feature up and running - let's not get started on the potential issues that would scenario would probably present.

No.  It wouldn't have to be rewritten the only way it would have to be rewritten would be if Nintendo isn't doing Rom dumps to emulators and actually recoding each VC title.  The code for the emulator is already in EB64.  For all intents and purposes if the Wii emulator functions correctly the inner emulator will never know or care that its not being ran on an N64.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
We here are all gamers. So unlocking EB in EB64 isn't / wouldn't be a problem. Many people buying the Wii, though, are not. If any of these people want to play EB, I think they'd consider $5 well worth their time to not have to unlock it. If Nintendo does include EB in EB64 then more power to you. If Nintendo doesn't, you know the reason and shouldn't be surprised.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:43 AM »
[q}

No.  It wouldn't have to be rewritten the only way it would have to be rewritten would be if Nintendo isn't doing Rom dumps to emulators and actually recoding each VC title.  The code for the emulator is already in EB64.  For all intents and purposes if the Wii emulator functions correctly the inner emulator will never know or care that its not being ran on an N64.

He is right the EB64 has the emulator already written to it's rom.  As long as the VC N64 emulator isn't crashing it could give a rat's ass what is going on.  And EB will run because the emulator is running within the N64 emulator.

FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

Even Tetrisphere???
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 22, 2007, 06:17:08 AM »
I bet dollars to doughnuts that Nintendo takes EB out of EB64. They've already shown that despite previous reports, they are willing to change the VC games (Tecmo Bowl).  
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #944 on: March 22, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »
It's apparent the VC has run out of good games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 22, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »
Stop refering to Excitebike as EB; I keep thinking you're talking about EarthBound.
GOREGASM!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 22, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
EB could also stand for EleBits.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #947 on: March 22, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »
or that awful store bought out by GameStop
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 23, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »
Japan's line up next week:
DK Jr. Math (NES) – didn’t we get that ages ago?

Dyna Brothers (GEN)

Wonder Boy V: Monster World III (GEN)

Alien Storm (GEN)

Shockman (TG16)
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 23, 2007, 05:45:56 PM »
Apropos Wonderboy, there's a Wonderboy Collection out in Japan for the PS2. I wonder if it's worth getting? From what I've seen Wonderboy 4 is in English.