Author Topic: OOT Greatest game of all time!!!  (Read 8912 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: OOT Greatest game of all time!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
F*&# that list. People are insane.

As for OOT being the best game of all time. F*&# that sh!t too. Mario will always top that spot. No other game is so highly loved by everyone you talk to. OOT has a few people here and there that didn't like it as much as most people do, but Mario...especially the ORIGINAL Mario has never had a single complaint. A legion of fans were formed off of this one game.

Hell, I can still waste a night playing through all the levels again.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:OOT Greatest game of all time!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_and_video_games_that_have_been_considered_the_greatest_ever

It seems to win the general consensus.

...Of course this will all change when Zelda:TP comes out

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 05:00:20 AM »
Or so we hope...but sales may be divided between GameCube and Wii versions.  They may have to count their sales together, despite being on different consoles.  Most of the time people seem to count combined sales for each generation of Pokémon and the various versions of Nintendogs, but at least those are on the same system...  EDIT: I wonder if anyone combines sales of Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon?

But yeah, Nintendo's said that Twilight Princess will be better than Ocarina Of Time a few times already.  Ocarina Of Time may not be my favourite game (I think I like A Link To The Past better) but it'll certainly be a feat that I welcome its attempt, and if it gets as much recognition as Ocarina Of Time or more...  o_0

Again, Nintendo-haters are dumb.  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »

especially the ORIGINAL Mario has never had a single complaint. A legion of fans were formed off of this one game.
This is 100% true. The original Super Mario Bros is the only game that I have ever been entranced by - I have yet to get the feeling I did while playing it in any other game since. That game started it all, and will probably never be dethroned as my favourite game. Mario 64 came close to evoking the same emotion, but even that game couldn't..

In fact, all the Mario games (save SMB2) are among my top 10. Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 are just amazing, and every one of them is better than Ocarina of Time. Though OoT is my favourite Zelda ever, followed by A Link to the Past..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 04:10:03 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
Or so we hope...but sales may be divided between GameCube and Wii versions.  They may have to count their sales together, despite being on different consoles.  Most of the time people seem to count combined sales for each generation of Pokémon and the various versions of Nintendogs, but at least those are on the same system...  EDIT: I wonder if anyone combines sales of Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon?

But yeah, Nintendo's said that Twilight Princess will be better than Ocarina Of Time a few times already.  Ocarina Of Time may not be my favourite game (I think I like A Link To The Past better) but it'll certainly be a feat that I welcome its attempt, and if it gets as much recognition as Ocarina Of Time or more...  o_0

Again, Nintendo-haters are dumb.

Jon is a smart man, his favorite Zelda game is Link to the Past which is my 2nd favorite game of all time behind SMB3 .
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 04:12:15 PM »
Heh, I think he loves that game as well - as he so aptly put it once, everything remotely associated with Super Mario Bros 3 deserves an automatic perfect score*

Originally posted by: wandering
Though that wouldn't really an argument I'd like to participate in. I can compare the best entry in one particular series to the best entry of another particular series....so, I'd be comfortable in saying, for example, that Ocarina of Time (the greatest Zelda game) is better than Mario 64 (the greatest Mario game.)
Pssh.. how old were you when Mario was in his 2D prime?

* No one reads the Reder Reviews  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 04:17:02 PM »
Best game ever is Super Mario World, I don't care what you say.

The rest of my list isn't really in any order, but it goes something like this:
- Ocarina of Time
- Super Mario Brothers
- Link's Awakening
- Super Metroid
- Metroid Prime
- Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Mario Kart 64 (or super circuit, can't decide)
- other stuff, mostly if not all nintendo
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 07:18:13 PM »
You're all wrong.  Deus Ex is the best game ever.
GOREGASM!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »

Most of the time people seem to count combined sales for each generation of Pokémon and the various versions of Nintendogs, but at least those are on the same system...
mainly because they're essentially the same game, released on the same system
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 04:46:21 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Heh, I think he loves that game as well - as he so aptly put it once, everything remotely associated with Super Mario Bros 3 deserves an automatic perfect score*

Wait, who said that?

Wouldn't surprise anyone that the first maps on VGMaps.com were my Link To The Past's Light World maps and the first "Atlas Project" was Super Mario Bros. 3.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 08:21:31 AM »
Deus Ex is definitely in the 10 ten best games ever. I need to make a list of my top 25 favorite games sometime....  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 08:57:48 AM »
Interesting.  I always thought that the 100 greatest games list should be done top ten overall games, and then top five or ten of the best in each category of games.  Then you get a better understanding of the best games ever.

Personally the best 2D platformer or really any platformer game ever created is:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island  It is brilliant and is only close to being beat by Mario World.  Super Mario Brothers 3 is good, but the levels are too short and although varied often times do not feel complete.  

As for the greatest Zelda game created, I still place that to Link of the Past, which is so easy to pick up and play I have beaten the game 5-6 times loving the game each time I played.

What I really loved about this list was going through and checking how many Nintendo games are actually in the top 100.  It is incredible.  They have one of the best track records of any developers.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:54 AM »
I've never been able to really get into LttP.  As far as 2D Zelda games go, I like Link's Awakening better.  To me, the gameplay feels smoother, and the world is more appealing.
GOREGASM!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 09:54:40 AM »
Just ran the numbers.  

2006 Reader Top 100 games of all time:  31% of the games are published by Nintendo.

That is a huge number of games.  However, that is also gaming fanboys that will vote for most popular games and not the best.

So lets look at the Editors picks:

2005 IGN Editors Picks for Top 100 Games of all time 19% are published by Nintendo.

Both of those numbers are really staggering, and I believe the Editors picks stat is even more amazing, because they were pulling out some crazy obscure games.

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 10:25:20 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

Wait, who said that?
Unless I'm mistaken, you did a while back.. could have been someone else though.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:35 AM »
I think I could have said something similar.  I don't think I said "perfect score" but otherwise it kind of sounds like something I might have said at one point...good memory!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 03:44:05 PM »
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It's greatness has already transended time and space which is why I can say this right now, a year before it's even released.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 06:52:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It's greatness has already transended time and space which is why I can say this right now, a year before it's even released.

QFT...easily.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:18 AM »
From what I've played, I wouldn't call it the greatest. It's good, definetly. A hair better than Melee, even. But Sonic really unbalances the whole game.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:22 AM »
So does the Godzilla Boss.  I thought they went too far licensing with Toho for boss battles in Brawl.