Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49987 times)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2007, 03:46:00 AM »
I read that Sylar (Zachary Quinto) will be back for season 2.

I thought the finales for both Heroes and 24 were rather blah and anti-climatic.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2007, 04:56:08 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
What I am most intrigued by is the man who the girl could not locate without him seeing her, sounded creepy

Yeah, that little girl was terrified of that man so it's obviously Michael Jackson?

Poor girl.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2007, 05:25:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Shecky

Yeah, that little girl was terrified of that man so it's obviously Michael Jackson?

Poor girl.

But Michael Jackson? only likes little boys

And I agree with Jon & Nitsu, the whole final fight was rather stupid if you ask me. Peter must only be able to access one power at a time like ShyGuy said otherwise none of it even makes sense. Even still though it wouldn't make sense, cause in the 5 years in the future episode, Peter exploded and healed, which means he would have to heal throughout his nuclear incineration or he wouldn't have enough of him left to heal. And if he could use more than one power at a time, why wouldn't he just fly away by himself?

Another thing, When Matt came up and shot 3 bullets, Sylar was quick enough to stop all three bullets before it got to him, but not fast enough to stop Hiro from running up to him and stabbing him with a sword? It just doesn't make sense, maybe if Hiro had stopped time briefly and stabbed him, but thats not what happened.

I also have to wonder if Chapter 2 is gonna cover the wide spread nuclear fallout that is about to cover the greater NY state area. Does it trigger more genetic mutations and therefore more Heroes? Or not exist at all?  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:56 AM »
I wouldn't say that Peter can only access one power at a time, but he was working really, really hard to keep himself from going "boom" and all... We know it takes some concentration on his part to control/summon his other powers, yet he was focusing almost everything he had on controlling Ted's power that he probably couldn't take the effort to use another one at this point in time.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2007, 06:14:29 AM »
Even still, Claire should have shot him. Its not like she didn't know she could remove the bullet later and he would suddenly just wake up.

And how come no one was wondering where Sylar was? Noah Bennett (what a name...) should have atleast been concerned with what happened to Sylar, even if he was worried about Claire's safety, same with Matt.

I give the season finale a 3.5/10 for being a weak finale to a good show. Thats why they had to give you a teaser for the beginning of the next chapter, to make up for all the dissapointment for the end of this chapter. I hope it doesn't happen again next season.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2007, 07:20:38 AM »
there should have been a real drag out right between sylar and peter, both using all their powers.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
I still think you guys are missing the point of heroes if you expected some epic superhero battle, this is a "realistic" take on superheros, and you couldn't have a beat em up epic battle if you wanted to remain faithful to the series. If you want big epic battles, watch the myriad of superhero comic book based movies out there. In regards to Sylar not stopping Hiro, I think it was overconfidence that got him killed, not to mention he didn't think Hiro could do it.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »
It's not that I wanted some big Neo/Agent Smith battle, I just wanted a better choreographed/paced fight. Nikki runs up and hits the guy and then stands around, Ted seemed to pause after shooting the three rounds that Sylar caught. It just needed some tighter editing.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:56 AM »
Sylar is not dead.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »

Originally posted by: nitsu niflheim
Sylar is not dead.

I think the roaches ate him

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2007, 09:16:47 AM »
"this is a "realistic" take on superheros, and you couldn't have a beat em up epic battle if you wanted to remain faithful to the series. "

Yes we could, even we had it in the future flashback (flashforward I guess??)

The whole series was building up to this moment and it sadly didn't deliver. If they wanted action the fight was lame and anticlimatic, if they wanted to go all emo the actors didn't deliver either. The goodbye of Clair and her dad was very well done, though it was ruined when they reunited again so soon and the fact that his memories of claire weren't completly wiped out... but I'm digressing, why did they drop the ball? or maybe is the guy playing Nathan, seriously he has the exact same expression for everything except when he smiles for his congress campaign photos. It should had been more poignant and it wasn't.

Besides, they were fighting at a building named kirby, people! being both kirby-like characters is sad they didn't go all out absorbing all kind of powers for a nice fight, the show has a lot of geek references but is missing Nintendo ones.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
"this is a "realistic" take on superheros, and you couldn't have a beat em up epic battle if you wanted to remain faithful to the series. "

Yes we could, even we had it in the future flashback (flashforward I guess??)
Besides, they were fighting at a building named kirby, people! being both kirby-like characters is sad they didn't go all out absorbing all kind of powers for a nice fight, the show has a lot of geek references but is missing Nintendo ones.
The thing about Sylar and Peter is that they seemed to be collecting powers.  Peter, not so much deliberately, but he did encounter enough people and used their powers when he needed.  Sylar's whole point of killing people was to take their powers.  Their slugfest with pathetic jump-ins could've been somewhat more extravagant.  At least more mano-a-mano, and whoever had to jump in could've actually been more competent.

Nikki had next to nothing to do with Sylar this entire time and she got to swing a parking meter at him.  Sure, okay, she knew who the bad guy was but apparently somehow they thought she was better off hanging out with D.L. in the background.  Then we have Hiro, who spent the entire time learning how to stop Sylar, and the next thing you know, he's in the past.  Sure, the sword wound may be what really took down Sylar but Hiro was sure out of the picture in a snap.

I think Micah could've done more than just operate an elevator for the finale.  WTF, his only purpose is to hack the computers so that Nathan would win an election?  When Linderman has so much money and power (and I don't mean his healing ability), you'd think he wouldn't need to manipulate a family all their lives just to do that.

But not having read the graphic novels, I'm pretty sure I can say that the most useless person in this entire thing was that Wi-fi woman.  I remember NBC made a big deal about it and had a sneak preview during Deal Or No Deal, which ended up being the entire first scene that she was in - and she was only in two!  You'd think they could've written in some easier way for Ted to convince Matt to work with him.  Or at least a way that doesn't waste a whole character.

Anyway, Nintendo references FTW.  But no, they had a couple PS3s.  Which doesn't make sense...if the series took place in October/November last year, could they have already had PS3s?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
"But not having read the graphic novels, I'm pretty sure I can say that the most useless person in this entire thing was that Wi-fi woman."

I think you already know this, but she indeed did a whole lot of things in the comic and I think she will play more of a role now that she got in contact with Micah for next season, they will have to explain where the hell has she been all this time for the TV audience though.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2007, 09:42:11 PM »
I've come to a conclusion about Peter not being able to control the nuclear explosion that I've been able to accept. I think it was a power overload that caused him to panic and not be able to control the power. He did just absorb power from Jessica/Nikki, Micah, DL and the "Tracking System" girl. That had to be alot to take in all at once, especially since he probably didn't know all of those people had powers when they stepped up.

As for how they handled Peter not being able to control his power, I still think its stupid, and definately should have been handled better.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:05 AM »
I missed shows during the season, but what ever happened to the invisible guy... cause it sure sounded like he was laughing somewhere in the final episode.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2007, 01:58:28 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Even still, Claire should have shot him. Its not like she didn't know she could remove the bullet later and he would suddenly just wake up.

What was to stop Peter from going boom after they get the bullet out?

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2007, 05:50:15 AM »
If they pull the bullet out, and he start  to go nuclear again, you shoot him again.

Next time you go to pull the bullet out, drug him first so that he will be relaxed.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »

Sylar is not dead.

They didn't eat him in an earlier episode.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2007, 10:43:41 AM »

Sylar is not dead.

They didn't eat him in an earlier episode.

They changed their mind and were hungry this time.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2007, 06:04:08 AM »
I'm going to say my thoughts then finish reading everyone else.  I put the season finally at Mediocre at best.  Especially compared to some of the episodes throughout the series.  It felt more like a pilot then the closing of a volume.

Also I called Hiros dad being the swordsman. (Which if you look through the eye slits there he is.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
... Oh, it's just the eclipse.  At least it's not Galactus, but still...sheesh.
And I didn't mention this last week, but when Mr. Linderman was offering Nikki/Jessica the money, I was expecting him to say, all Howie Mandel-like, "D.L. or no D.L.?"  It would be so dumb, but it almost seemed like it was being set up for that.

I thought it be a Dragon though Galactus would be great for something that pokes fun at the series.

That would have been funny.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
While I wasn't disappointed with the way the season ended, I'm like others and think that it could have been done a little better. I think Sylar is dead, or at least he died, whether or not he can come back is yet to be seen, but then does he come back with all his powers or does he need to aquire new ones? The only reason I would think he could come back is because of whomever that little girl (the "tracking system") was talking about when she said there was someone worse than the boogie man, who could see her when she looked for him, I think he might have the power to revive Sylar, or something, but I think he stole the body regardless of what becomes of it.

As for the eclipse/Galactus, my own theory is closer to Galactus, in Mohinder's little speech at the end the last thing he said was "we are not alone". This to me would suggest aliens. It's made me think that perhaps this is an all family thing. If they gave the samurai (who I agree is Hiro's father, or at the very least was being played by the same actor) powers and then he through reproduction spread the powers, it would stay close at first but eventually his descendants would mix with other cultures. Also since Hiro's father said he was the first to rise, it may be that he sought out other cultures because his offspring didn't carry his ability.

Beyond all that I was wondering what everyone thoughts are with the whole origins thing? With the voting on a new character for season 3? I'm psyched, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I can also see this ruining the series all together.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2007, 02:33:41 AM »
I know that the guy who played Sylar is going to be back for season 2.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »
I read in Entertainment Weekly today that next season, instead of going on hiatus, they'll be airing a mini-series called "Heroes: Origins" during the Spring.  It'll be the back stories of an older generation of Heroes.  Hopefully they do Mrs. Petrelli.  I think her power is some kind of puppet mastery or something.  The way she was touching Nathan in the finale was like she was holding puppet strings or something.  I don't know.  But the premise sounds really interesting.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
I read in Entertainment Weekly today that next season, instead of going on hiatus, they'll be airing a mini-series called "Heroes: Origins" during the Spring.  It'll be the back stories of an older generation of Heroes.  Hopefully they do Mrs. Petrelli.  I think her power is some kind of puppet mastery or something.  The way she was touching Nathan in the finale was like she was holding puppet strings or something.  I don't know.  But the premise sounds really interesting.

Mrs. Petrelli has the ultimate power to be a, um, female dog!